Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

from_beyond's Avatar


from_beyond
01.03.2012 , 11:15 PM | #11
After that quest, since it wouldn't allow me to kill him, I had to console myself with simply refusing his marriage proposal, banning him from my quarters, forcing him to be a crafting slave, and then banging Pierce right on the tiny ship where he couldn't avoid hearing it.

Though I would have much preferred to reply to the marriage proposal (which came after the betrayal) with a conversation option of: "No I won't marry you. You. Tried. To. Kill. Me. And you insulted me while doing so, by thinking that two little strong level mobs could do it. They weren't even elites!"
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. -General George S. Patton

Hambunctious's Avatar


Hambunctious
01.03.2012 , 11:21 PM | #12
What I want to know is, why can you not support Baras? I would help him.

bliapis's Avatar


bliapis
01.03.2012 , 11:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by theadjectivenoun View Post
because somebody like you or aka "THAT GUY" would go around killing off all their companions, the QQ to a game master about how you can't do nothing, soBW has to spoon feed and hold your hand, through out the game cause other people like you and "THAT GUY", killed off their companions, and purposely ruined an aspect of the game that was implement. If you wanted this option to stay you should have a talk with "THAT GUY" so stuff like this in the future won't happen. Thank you for playing.
If not killing, a nice overload of lightning is in due. Torture him and let him come back as a wretch.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

Lukarnus's Avatar


Lukarnus
01.04.2012 , 04:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by bliapis View Post
If not killing, a nice overload of lightning is in due. Torture him and let him come back as a wretch.
You can throw him into a wall then choke him within an inch of his life...but that's it. The other thing that gets me is if you then cover it up its as if nothing and i mean NOTHING has happened. His response are still the same, your affection level is the same...everything is the same. TBH i dont see the point of the betrayal it ends up having no bearing on the story.

It would've have been a better idea to have the droid betray you, he was given to you by Baras to begin with, and then have a crafting quest thingy to build a new one that you could name.

grania's Avatar


grania
01.04.2012 , 07:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukarnus View Post
You can throw him into a wall then choke him within an inch of his life...but that's it. The other thing that gets me is if you then cover it up its as if nothing and i mean NOTHING has happened. His response are still the same, your affection level is the same...everything is the same. TBH i dont see the point of the betrayal it ends up having no bearing on the story.

It would've have been a better idea to have the droid betray you, he was given to you by Baras to begin with, and then have a crafting quest thingy to build a new one that you could name.
I like that idea, makes a lot more sense.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Tamyn's Avatar


Tamyn
01.04.2012 , 10:46 AM | #16
I was hoping this would only happen if his affection was low at that point of the game. I've already had him propose and everything. It's weird for him to try to kill someone who is practically his wife just because he "owes Baras his career."

kaelthun's Avatar


kaelthun
01.05.2012 , 09:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Idali View Post
Congratulation, you have discovered that you don't play your own saga, you play the character BW designed for you.
And yes it blows.
WHy are you here? Waste of space imo.

Anyway, I think it isn't that bad. It is very disappointing though and I agree that implementing a dead companion wouldn't have been a bad decision. They do a damn popup when you go into a PvP server, why not one to make sure you kill him? Why wouldn't you be able to gimp yourself? It's up to you right?

Maybe down the line they'll expand on the system and some less conservative choices will be available
Proud member of the Cheapest Edition Club
It's not hard to lose my attention. Just start trolling.

grania's Avatar


grania
01.05.2012 , 10:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamyn View Post
I was hoping this would only happen if his affection was low at that point of the game. I've already had him propose and everything. It's weird for him to try to kill someone who is practically his wife just because he "owes Baras his career."
I finally got to this point myself, after marrying the guy and him sending me letters about our relationship and so on. Yup, he does it - he betrays you regardless.

But if it makes you feel any better, our characters aren't like us and they don't live in a world like ours. It seems that marriages for sith are as much about gaining social status and power or moreso than they are about love. After all, the penalty for weakness in this world is often an early demise. So in a way, my character just kinda rolled with the inevitable and forgave him. These things happen, why let it spoil an otherwise good lay.. er, "marriage".

But then again, I am playing a light sw. Someone with a lot less patience and a much bigger god complex than me handles it differently.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

blargsauce's Avatar


blargsauce
01.05.2012 , 02:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
But if it makes you feel any better, our characters aren't like us and they don't live in a world like ours. It seems that marriages for sith are as much about gaining social status and power or moreso than they are about love.
that's not the point. I just got to this quest yesterday, playing full dark side sith. I have killed every npc I've had the option to. I've killed enemies, incompetent allies, and I've killed people just because I could. On alderaan in the class quest when the general begged me to kill him and not his lover, I killed everyone in the room except him, out of spite. I have actively encouraged Jaessa to hunt and kill light side leaning sith. There is NO WAY I would forgive someone who betrays me and tries to kill me. The way the story stands the harshest I can do is choke him for 10 seconds then keep him on my ship.

what idiot would let a traitor stay on their ship, nevermind what self respecting sith would let him live? honestly...

grania's Avatar


grania
01.05.2012 , 02:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by blargsauce View Post
that's not the point. I just got to this quest yesterday, playing full dark side sith. I have killed every npc I've had the option to. I've killed enemies, incompetent allies, and I've killed people just because I could. On alderaan in the class quest when the general begged me to kill him and not his lover, I killed everyone in the room except him, out of spite. I have actively encouraged Jaessa to hunt and kill light side leaning sith. There is NO WAY I would forgive someone who betrays me and tries to kill me. The way the story stands the harshest I can do is choke him for 10 seconds then keep him on my ship.

what idiot would let a traitor stay on their ship, nevermind what self respecting sith would let him live? honestly...
Trust me, it took a lot of work and convincing myself, to rationalize the decision to forgive him >.> I'm still all about that droid betrayal idea, because honestly even if Quinn was afraid for his life if he didn't follow Baras' orders, he should have known that either I would protect him from Baras (light) or I would kill him myself (dark) after he goes through with the betrayal.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"