Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

Lith_Ragond
01.03.2012 , 09:21 AM | #1
So, in the Sith Warrior story, you get Malavai Quinn right? Well, low and behold, he BETRAYS you. And what does BioWare force you to do? FORGIVE HIM and let hims till tag along. I'm sorry, but this was the first time I felt the story crafted by BW really betrayed my character. He's 100% Darkside, true blood Sith. Never made a single light choice and hit Dark 5 before hitting level 40.

I understand Quinn is a companion, and kind of a major one at that, but I sure as hell wanted to kill him! I don't care I'd be down one companion, there's no freaking way my character would allow him to live! At least give us the choice (marked EXTREMELY clearly for those "special" players) to do what we want, until that point, BW had crafted a wonderful story with plenty of choices to craft your character. Now it just feels forced. The story, dialogue, and voice acting are what set this game apart, this just broke one of those stories!

So now, to play my character how I want him to be, I've got to see if upgrading my little droid can replace Quinn as my healer. Not cool BioWare, not cool.

theadjectivenoun
01.03.2012 , 09:27 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lith_Ragond View Post
So, in the Sith Warrior story, you get Malavai Quinn right? Well, low and behold, he BETRAYS you. And what does BioWare force you to do? FORGIVE HIM and let hims till tag along. I'm sorry, but this was the first time I felt the story crafted by BW really betrayed my character. He's 100% Darkside, true blood Sith. Never made a single light choice and hit Dark 5 before hitting level 40.

I understand Quinn is a companion, and kind of a major one at that, but I sure as hell wanted to kill him! I don't care I'd be down one companion, there's no freaking way my character would allow him to live! At least give us the choice (marked EXTREMELY clearly for those "special" players) to do what we want, until that point, BW had crafted a wonderful story with plenty of choices to craft your character. Now it just feels forced. The story, dialogue, and voice acting are what set this game apart, this just broke one of those stories!

So now, to play my character how I want him to be, I've got to see if upgrading my little droid can replace Quinn as my healer. Not cool BioWare, not cool.
because somebody like you or aka "THAT GUY" would go around killing off all their companions, the QQ to a game master about how you can't do nothing, soBW has to spoon feed and hold your hand, through out the game cause other people like you and "THAT GUY", killed off their companions, and purposely ruined an aspect of the game that was implement. If you wanted this option to stay you should have a talk with "THAT GUY" so stuff like this in the future won't happen. Thank you for playing.
"The Strange will walk alone"
"Who will be your pretty little enemy? When I am gone. Your world will prove empty, I promise you. you will always remember me"

Idali
01.03.2012 , 10:00 AM | #3
Congratulation, you have discovered that you don't play your own saga, you play the character BW designed for you.
And yes it blows.

Rhyltran
01.03.2012 , 11:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by theadjectivenoun View Post
because somebody like you or aka "THAT GUY" would go around killing off all their companions, the QQ to a game master about how you can't do nothing, soBW has to spoon feed and hold your hand, through out the game cause other people like you and "THAT GUY", killed off their companions, and purposely ruined an aspect of the game that was implement. If you wanted this option to stay you should have a talk with "THAT GUY" so stuff like this in the future won't happen. Thank you for playing.
This is untrue. There's many players who won't mind being down a companion or two. You automatically assume the original poster would regret it. I find this assumption to be ridiculous considering he's replacing Quinn already due to not wanting him for his actions. Either way he's already without Quinn so what difference does it make if he's dead? He's also not asking for a way to kill off all his companions just the ones in which it makes sense for his character.

His character was stabbed in the back. He's 100% Dark Side. Why would he let him live? Note I'm a Light Sith and didn't want to kill him but I do see the original posters point. Not to mention some of us have come from hardcore games where you're punished harshly for mistakes and.. we loved said games. Just because some people need hand holding doesn't mean we all do.

darth_thanatos
01.03.2012 , 11:37 AM | #5
...Wouldn't it be logical to make it so there's atleast one companion you just can't kill off, for whatever reason.

I mean...tbh, I don't care much either way, but I mean, for inquisitors, make it Khem, or Ashara (if she has a high affection, then she's a perfect tool), for warriors make it Vette? Er, regardless, just, long story short, that whole thing could be mostly avoided by making it so you couldn't kill certain companions (after all, the reason this Sith wanted to kill Malavi was because he betrayed him. Vader force-choked people for less than that.)

So I mean, it doesn't even need to be necessary for all companions to have the option to be killed, but if you're going to have a moment where someone does something truly horrendous, then one would imagine all the options would be considered, especially something so blatantly...sith....on the sith side...

usmarshal
01.03.2012 , 01:16 PM | #6
In early builds of beta it was possible to kill companions but Bioware removed it because dark side players were who killed every NPC it was possible to kill were complaining they didn't have any companions.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.-Winston Churchill

Stanimir
01.03.2012 , 01:57 PM | #7
I was mad, too.

I would've made that guy suffer for days. He would not have lived.

But alas, it is what it is, now I just use him as a errand boy.

Lith_Ragond
01.03.2012 , 02:19 PM | #8
See above.

lokdron
01.03.2012 , 02:56 PM | #9
People tell me the dark option for dealing with quinn is choking him to the inch of his life and then you begin tossing him around the room. Hmm i might have to make a SW to see this.

HaleTheFreeVoice
01.03.2012 , 11:11 PM | #10
lol i still seriously think that they should have let you have like 3 major class spec companions, and let you pick the rest because uhm *** is the pointof the security key vendor as a sith warrior??? i get a droid mouse.... the its like 8 things for khem val???? the chick clothes which isnt like a big deal. then some other random persons gear, but literal nothing for ME. lol. i didnt see the uses
"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are broken. The force shall free me"