Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

game freezes on loading screen

judder
01.03.2012 , 05:31 AM | #1
my game freezes on loading screens but only since i went to tattooine. it will freeze and all i can do is a hard reset..or it will crash and reboot my pc. plz dont tell me its drivers etc as i have updated everything u can mention plus my pc is decent and i can run game at max with no lag or slow down at all. i can run wow all day and bf3..skyrim..mw3 etc with no problems, but swtor tattooine is causing me problems, i can login a new toon or another one that aint on tattooine. anyone else having this issue?

Zoltiar
01.12.2012 , 02:32 PM | #2
Yeah I've been getting the same thing. But it always happens right after I click on my character to log into the game. It will so a little progress on the loading screen and just stop. I've let it be for about 20 to 30 minutes and it still didn't do anything. I was able to ctrl-alt-delete to task manager and close the game, but it really irritates me that I can only play SWTOR on my friends computer. It would be really nice to know what the heck is going on?? :/

RangerNRK
01.12.2012 , 07:43 PM | #3
i managed to play the game for maybe 10 minutes and then i was kicked out and when i tried to log back in i get stuck at the load screen; the part where the little loading gear spins and you look at the picture on the game box. WTFDO I DO BIOWARE; IM BEGGING YOU TO FIX THIS PLEASE

KOS_MOS
01.30.2012 , 01:44 AM | #4
This is a patch 1.1 bug that they appearently aren't even trying to fix if you look into their 1.1.1 test server patch notes....I have reported this to in game customer support, and since they are the worst in the world, which I have also reported to their supervisors over the phone about not reading tickets when closing or auto replying....but who knows if they even care to fix it.

Loading screens will randomely show scrambled nintendo graphics of some sort, scrambled words, if you do not alt tab withint half a second to 2 seconds of noticing it, it will freeze your computer.

This is something that to me seems pretty major and requires an emergency patch, but to bioware's team it appearently is low on the totem pole.

KOS_MOS
01.30.2012 , 01:57 AM | #5
Oh and don't worry, it is not just tatooine, it is everywhere in the game at random times....sometimes load after load in a row. Zoning into warzones, to your ship, republic fleet, ilum, everywhere.

It is not a driver issue, and if it is, they need to work with the video card companies to create a brand new driver since the current up to date drivers are doing this. But I highely dout it is since this has only started instantly after last the last few patches have tried fixing things and ended up making everything worse.

Would love to get an actual employee responce on this to say hey, we are aware and are trying to fix it asap, thanks.

Otherwise your in game customer support gives us no hope that you even know this exists.

To be more precice, this has started happening when they changed ilum base trading to pvp kills of excessive amount. When people would get random loading screens while walking around.....

They claimed to fix that....which is true, but they forgot to fix the double loading screen when changing zones. So likely this freezing computer issue on loading screens has something to do with that, but who knows. Could be related to any of the other changes they tried.