Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid for CE speeder,but it doesn't level with me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Paid for CE speeder,but it doesn't level with me.

macabdul
01.05.2012 , 06:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Joryssk View Post
Oh come on, honestly...did you actually expect to have a 25 level advantage over other people? Logic should have told you that if for no other reason than to avoid the MASSIVE backlack from non-CE buyers, they would not be allowing you to use that mount before your regular training allowed it.
As I asked earlier, what's this advantage (level 25) ppl keep talking about?

Is it PVP? PVE? RP? Fighting an Elite, a Strong or anything for that matter? Please, I'd love to know what advange a speeder gives.

As far as I can see it would get me to my eventual location a minute or possibly 2 minutes quicker but not sure what the advantage in that is.

Joryssk
01.05.2012 , 08:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by macabdul View Post
As I asked earlier, what's this advantage (level 25) ppl keep talking about?

Is it PVP? PVE? RP? Fighting an Elite, a Strong or anything for that matter? Please, I'd love to know what advange a speeder gives.

As far as I can see it would get me to my eventual location a minute or possibly 2 minutes quicker but not sure what the advantage in that is.
You answered your own question; I'm not sure how you can honestly mock me and keep a straight face. On the off chance you aren't a troll however; your one to two minute estimation is extremely generous.

I don't buy it, though. You might get the others, however I'm laughing right with you, but for entirely different reasons.

Since you seem to need it spelled out, though: OP believed he'd be able to ride around his nifty little CE speeder from Level 1, a full 25 levels before anyone else. Whether you fail to see it or are playing the jester, the fact remains it is still an advantage to any who did not purchase it, and needed to run around for the first 25 levels instead.

If you prefer to run because the time difference is negligible to you, then you may continue to do so. I assure you however, that if the design decision had been made to go with OPs intent, you would have seen a public backlash from non-CE buyers the likes of which would have been heard near and far.

Simply put: it would be an advantage, and one only obtained by spending real cash, and if you actually do fail to see that, you might need to get your vision checked.

For the record: I am a CE owner, and I do not approve of the OPs wish.

Rankyn
01.05.2012 , 08:11 PM | #13
The CE speeder isn't meant to be something that gives you a huge advantage... it's a FREE entry-level speeder for all your characters when non-CE people have to pay for them.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

macabdul
01.07.2012 , 07:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Joryssk View Post
You answered your own question; I'm not sure how you can honestly mock me and keep a straight face. On the off chance you aren't a troll however; your one to two minute estimation is extremely generous.

I don't buy it, though. You might get the others, however I'm laughing right with you, but for entirely different reasons.

Since you seem to need it spelled out, though: OP believed he'd be able to ride around his nifty little CE speeder from Level 1, a full 25 levels before anyone else. Whether you fail to see it or are playing the jester, the fact remains it is still an advantage to any who did not purchase it, and needed to run around for the first 25 levels instead.

If you prefer to run because the time difference is negligible to you, then you may continue to do so. I assure you however, that if the design decision had been made to go with OPs intent, you would have seen a public backlash from non-CE buyers the likes of which would have been heard near and far.

Simply put: it would be an advantage, and one only obtained by spending real cash, and if you actually do fail to see that, you might need to get your vision checked.

For the record: I am a CE owner, and I do not approve of the OPs wish.

Mock you!!! Not sure where you see that in my post as I'm completely serious and mock no one.

And can't see where you get the OP saying he believed he'd be able to ride round on his nifty CE speeder from level 1....that was me. The original question was about the speeder leveling with you.

And I don't really expect to change your mind on this, I'd have just liked a simple answer to the point I made. It still wasn't answered as if I want xp, drops and the crafting stuff u can pickup i'd rather 'walk' to my eventual destination and defeat everything on the way, hopefully picking up the bind points and speeder taxi points along the way.

Anyway, I feel I high-jacked this thread enough with my own question.