Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid for CE speeder,but it doesn't level with me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Paid for CE speeder,but it doesn't level with me.

camberme
01.03.2012 , 01:21 AM | #1
so I paid for a Collector's edition speeder, but when I gained my 2nd level of speeder training, the speed of the speeder stayed the same.

I paid for the right to be able to have a Special Speeder, but yet it doesn't stay useful through the game.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination

Nilenya
01.03.2012 , 01:24 AM | #2
thats because special doesnt allways mean usefull.

You payed for the advantage of having a slow mount when everyone else was running everywhere.
That is all.

In pretty much any pay to play mmo the collectors items are usefull only the first few lvls, after that they become redundant. Swtor is no different.

Your mount was usefull the first few lvls, but alas now youre where everyone else is at. Youll have to upgrade through the game resources just as everyone else.

Also, I should point out, the notion that mounts - of any kind - level with you, is a very knew feature for mmo's - and is almost exclusive to mmo's that have existed for a long time, and thus brought on because mount speeds increase and leave cool and rare mounts redundant.

Its true you could argue you're in that last category, but you'll have to accept that its usually a later gamefeature and that swtor probably wont be having that implemented for a long long time.

camberme
01.03.2012 , 01:29 AM | #3
but the mount wasn't useful before it's time, I needed to pay for speeder training, just like everybody else,. other mounts in other games, that you pay for i.e. collector editions, or micro transactions, level with you, why not this one?

our gear levels with us, why doesn't out mount.
PAX REPUBLICA

Nilenya
01.03.2012 , 01:55 AM | #4
Ah so you couldnt use your mount till you had the first speeder skill.

Then your collectors item saved you 9k credits or there abouts. Thats pretty much standard - Collectors items are never pay to win, for titles like this. You only get a minimal advantage. If you thought it would level with you and save you 25k later on, then I understand you're upset, but no other mmo has this feature, except for ones that have excisted a long time, and implemented it because basic mount skills have increased with each expansion rendering lots of mounts, including special or rare ones, redundant.

Swtor is a new game, and you shouldnt expect them to have this feature yet. It has also never been the norm to have any real advantage over others because you buy a collectors or deluxe edition. It just doesnt work that way.

But look at it this way. The speed increase at speeder rank 2 is only 10% so youre not really that handicapped. If you still prefer the look for your mount, then keep using it.

PS. the turtle in Rift, did not level with you untill much later when they changed how mount speeds worked. And in WOW it was only by wrath of the lichking that the mounts didnt come with speeds but had those determined by your riding skill.

Celeitia
01.03.2012 , 02:20 AM | #5
The CE items aren't meant to provide you with an unfair advantage over other players, just cool visual widgets you can make use of early on. For example, the pre-order crystal, despite its technical 5$ value, was only useful until level ~17, at which point you could find better through the PvP crystal or commendation vendor weapons.

Now, looking at what was included in the CE:

The statue alone would be worth 40~50$, the soundtrack ~15$, the journal another 10~15$, you have the deluxe game at roughly ~75$, the authenticator at ~5$, the map at ~5$, the big box and the disk boxes probably ~10$ considering what they're made of...

So far that's roughly 150~180$! Which, oh, covers the price you paid and then some.

But what's this, I didn't account the CE-only items? Well, okay, let's take a look at what they would be worth considering all of the above... oh my! Almost nothing!

So eh. You didn't pay the extra moolah for unfair in-game items, you paid it for all those goodies AND a bunch of social, kinda useful items.

camberme
01.03.2012 , 03:49 AM | #6
you forgot the vip area free and.. umm the CE vendor, with cool looks for my t7, and umm... nothats all I got.
PAX REPUBLICA

macabdul
01.03.2012 , 06:05 PM | #7
I agree.

I'm not sure what advantage you'd get but I find the CE speeder a little worse than this.

I purchased the CE version for, amongst other things, a speeder.

You can imagine my surprise and not a little annoyance to discover after logging in for the 1st time that you don't get a speeder at level 1 (and nowhere was I told we have to wait like everyone else to level 25)

Ok, so I waited till today when I reached level 25 to now discover that I still, as everyone else, have to hand over 40,000 credits. Thats 29,000 credits I don't have.

Not sure what I paid 129.00 for? And if it doesn't level with you then that simply makes it worse.

This isn't pay to win. How does me having a speeder in anyway help me in pve/pvp/rp?

Joryssk
01.05.2012 , 02:54 PM | #8
Oh come on, honestly...did you actually expect to have a 25 level advantage over other people? Logic should have told you that if for no other reason than to avoid the MASSIVE backlack from non-CE buyers, they would not be allowing you to use that mount before your regular training allowed it.

jwwebcast
01.05.2012 , 02:56 PM | #9
I didn't get the CE, but I'd have to agree, that you'd think that it would level with you. This has been previous experience with special mounts on other games. Maybe at some point this will get fixed?

Magnesiumbox
01.05.2012 , 03:02 PM | #10
deluxe and CE get you access to vip lounge where you can purchase a mount no one else can. it has the fastest speeds and shows everyone how special you were in shelling out extra cash for the same game.