Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

ZNICK
01.03.2012 , 10:25 AM | #51
So by this thinking, if a Cybertech creates his own BOP speeder, he should only be able to use that 3 times too, right?

::rubbish:: It's this craft's "perk", you want it, roll it. Every crew skill has something unique to the creator.

Z
You don't stop playing games when you get old... you get old when you stop playing games!

Exiled-Phoenix
01.03.2012 , 10:31 AM | #52
I dont even make the 15 second stims and i have 250 in biochem...
Just medpacks and the 60 minute buff stims.

RpTheHotrod
01.03.2012 , 10:53 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ZNICK View Post
So by this thinking, if a Cybertech creates his own BOP speeder, he should only be able to use that 3 times too, right?

::rubbish:: It's this craft's "perk", you want it, roll it. Every crew skill has something unique to the creator.

Z
What useful perk does armstech get?

borghe
01.03.2012 , 11:05 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by RpTheHotrod View Post
What useful perk does armstech get?
from what I can tell, armstech is in fact broken. they do have BOP barrels, but they have the same mat requirements and lower stats than the boe ones.

-Shadowfist-
01.03.2012 , 11:08 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
This guy I'm quoting is the only sane person in this thread.

Why do people insist on exploiting games? And I use that term in it's full sense. There's a difference between min-maxing and exploiting. Min-maxing is finding the best case scenario and working towards it. Exploiting is finding an imbalance, and using it as much as possible.

I applaud the OP for making the thread, you actually will garner more attention for them to balance Biochem (either by making other professions more valuable for using, or by nerfing biochem).

Also, as a side note. Nerfing something isn't bad. Sure, to those who it directly affects they will feel the pain. But it's much more in-line with game balance to nerf ONE thing (in this case possibly, Biochem resuables) then it is to buff a bunch of other things. When you buff multiple things to bring it in-line with other similar things you cause a devaluation of stats.

The easiest way to think about this is that you'll find that stats get out of control easily. It's the same reason that WoW has had multiple revisions to their stat system, because rather then nerfing something and taking baby steps, they have increased values across the board. You end up with people having 10's of thousands of health...you end up having people hitting for a couple thousand damage. Rather then keeping everything at a low common denominiator you end up exponentially increasing everything until a major problem arises, then at that point action has to be taken.

TLDR: Enjoy Biochem if you have it. Don't be surprised if it gets nerfed. I don't suggest siwtching to Biochem for FOTM medpacks because it'll bite you in the butt. Nerfing isn't always bad, it brings balance which is what *most* people want.
Can't wait for when bioware comes in and states "Working as intended - craft better items noobs" and you rage all the way home.
There is no peace, there is anger
There is no fear, there is power
There is no death, there is immortality
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

GengisKahn
01.03.2012 , 11:54 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by csward View Post
Yes, but if you die they go away...PvP or otherwise...Right now only 400 level purple stims stay after death. All stims need to stay on after death.
I might be mistaken here, but biochem lvl 48 blues also persists through death too. Its lower level ones that dont persist.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/g2pdsx2

RpTheHotrod
01.03.2012 , 11:56 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by -Shadowfist- View Post
Can't wait for when bioware comes in and states "Working as intended - craft better items noobs" and you rage all the way home.
Fun! What are the BOP ones so I can look them up and /bug them?

Aloro
01.03.2012 , 12:02 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by GengisKahn View Post
I might be mistaken here, but biochem lvl 48 blues also persists through death too. Its lower level ones that dont persist.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/g2pdsx2
My char can make lvl 16 blue stims that persist through death, and possibly lvl 8 ones as well (not 100% sure about the latter). It's definitely not just high level stims that persist.

Btw, TORHead still has a lot of outdated info up. Take what you find there with a grain of salt. It's a good site but it's still in early days as far as accurate post-launch info goes.

Xilap
01.03.2012 , 12:08 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by csward View Post
Yes, but if you die they go away...PvP or otherwise...Right now only 400 level purple stims stay after death. All stims need to stay on after death.
Blue and purple versions persist through death.

Sykomyke
01.03.2012 , 12:10 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by -Shadowfist- View Post
Jokes on you then bub. First off, not raging. I'm kinda smirking at the amount of impotent fist shaking you and the OP are doing though.

Secondly, why yes. Yes I'm enjoying my Artifice very well. My +30 endurance crystals, my +29 Strength/31 Endurance level 22 hilt. I've capped out all the top tier recipes with RE them to Artirfact level. I expect more recipes will drop in raiding.

Not sure where your snarky reply came from, but when you want to discuss the situation like a big boy come back and post something more than a one-liner. Mmmkay pumpkin?
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire