Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

Stillnotking
01.03.2012 , 09:08 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
Cybertech - earpieces are outclassed by Columi items
No they're not. Cybertechs can make [Mastercraft] earpieces that are better than Columi, or Rakata for that matter.

Quote:
I'm not calling for a nerf for Biochem really, BW just needs to show some love for the other crew skills.
I'm definitely with you on that one. Biochem is about in line with the benefits a 400 level crafting profession should provide, given the time and expense involved in leveling it. The problem is that other professions (with the exception of Cybertech) aren't.
Imperial Agent - Operative - Medic
"Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies." - Jane Austen

eloco
01.03.2012 , 09:10 AM | #42
It was ok that I spent a fortune leveling up biochem when slicing was like, click this button for free money.
January/4/2011 Leader of the 'Useless elevator outside D7 Flashpoint entrance Fanclub'.

Exertim
01.03.2012 , 09:13 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Stillnotking View Post
No they're not. Cybertechs can make [Mastercraft] earpieces that are better than Columi, or Rakata for that matter.

I'm definitely with you on that one. Biochem is about in line with the benefits a 400 level crafting profession should provide, given the time and expense involved in leveling it. The problem is that other professions (with the exception of Cybertech) aren't.
Not entirely true. Perhaps I spoke out of turn since I'm only speaking from a Vanguard/Sentinel perspective, but the Columi earpieces are without a doubt better even with an augment slot. For example, my Sentinel used a 50 STR/59 END/29 Accuracy/69 Crit/40 Surge earring with a 28 STR augment attached and the Columi earring was still an upgrade with a whopping 22 more strength, 21 endurance, 19 accuracy, and 41 power.

Maybe the mastercraft epic earrings are better for other classes aside from those two, I don't know. But I do know that it's most certainly not the case for the two that I play.

But yes, please buff the other crew skills, Bioware. Nerfing stuff has never made anyone happy.

Stillnotking
01.03.2012 , 09:19 AM | #44
Not entirely true. Perhaps I spoke out of turn since I'm only speaking from a Vanguard/Sentinel perspective, but the Columi earpieces are without a doubt better even with an augment slot. For example, my Sentinel used a 50 STR/59 END/29 Accuracy/69 Crit/40 Surge earring with a 28 STR augment attached and the Columi earring was still an upgrade with a whopping 22 more strength, 21 endurance, 19 accuracy, and 41 power.

Maybe the mastercraft epic earrings are better for other classes aside from those two, I don't know. But I do know that it's most certainly not the case for the two that I play.

But yes, please buff the other crew skills, Bioware. Nerfing stuff has never made anyone happy.
I think you were looking at a sub-optimal schematic. I have a crafted earpiece with 90 cunning (including cunning augment) and way more secondary stats than even the Rakata earpieces. It's BIS as far as I can tell.
Imperial Agent - Operative - Medic
"Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies." - Jane Austen

SacredPanda
01.03.2012 , 09:19 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
I'm almost 400 biochem myself and I agree about those buffs. They are stupidly overpowered. They should be consumed on use. And medpac is overpowered as well. 8+k heal every 90 sec and reusable - way too much. Nerf the amount of healing at least.
You'll be whining just the opposite when additional content is needed and you're needing the heals more than ever.

DarthSublimitas
01.03.2012 , 09:25 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Seriously bioware, did you guys think this through? 585 to a single stat for 15 seconds every 3minutes, FOR EVER! how is that balanced?

The stims should be consumable, charge based, 3 charges per craft and it is unique meaning you have to use those 3 charges before you can make another one.

As i see it now, most people will take up biochem in the future because those reuseable stims are just too insane to pass up, and i dont need to stay 400 synthweaving after i create my full tier 3 set.
Yeah, OH WOW 15sec such a long amount of time... I have bio and never use the adrenals. 15 sec BIG DEAL! If it lasted a min, then maybe it MIGHT be worth something. But you can't wipe you rear in 15 sec. So what are ppl complaining about NOW??

Man, you people just love to ruin the game for everyone else. I'm glad I just have gathering skills then I can sell them and over inflate the AH because I'm sick and tired of ppl saying to nerf this and that. Well, now you're all going to pay for it via over exaggerated AH prices.
"The Truth Shall Free Me"
And humour makes our lives worth living:
http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/ Why it's bad to plagiarize:http://auditorydepredation.files.wor...6231905169.jpg

Bloodymoon
01.03.2012 , 09:33 AM | #47
The big deal is the price - an adrenal costs 10-15k on my server. Now we want to raid and hit the enrag timer, multiple tries left with 2-3% boss hp. Then it will be: "Use adrenals on CD!"

So 20-30k credits per fight. If we would fail the whole night, we can easily spend 500k for reps AND adrenals.
aka Moon

borghe
01.03.2012 , 09:57 AM | #48
Cybertech - earpieces are outclassed by Columi items, which more and more people are gaining access to even this early on in the game. Grenades are OK, but from a PvE perspective, Biochem crushes. My suggestion: lower grenade c/d from 5mins to something around 2minutes.
all of the Tinonese ear pieces have higher main stats (aim, cun, str, etc) than the Columi, and comparable secondary stats (given that the main stat will ALWAYS be more important) AND don't require any mandalorian metal to make. Not only is this not outclassed, but if you want the highest cunning, aim, strength, or willpower stats in the game, currently this is only possible with the BOP ear pieces. and they also have the augment slot like columi.

DarthSublimitas
01.03.2012 , 10:06 AM | #49
Again, I still don't see the point of eveyone complaining about this. I'm sure most of you played WoW. Let's look at engineering - completely useless to make money on but great for making cool personal items not accessible to anyone else. Did engineers make money - hmmm... prob not unless they crafted the hogs. Alchemists, JCs and every other crafter in WoW had higher lvl craft skill specific only perks and nobody QQ'd about that so why are you all QQ'ing here??? As stated by numerous other posters, the other skills need to be buffed as they are totally worthless to lvl. Why would I spend my money lvling something that produces inferior gear? The average person may go this route if they want to make money - I personally gather and send all gear from drops to AH to make money. I try to kill bosses that drop blues and then sell on AH. One of my toons has biochem for the simple reason that it's fun to pick flowers and then make stuff. Plus I can sell the left-over mats and make a profit. I play to have fun but with all these QQ'ers here, no wonder this game is already going down the toilet...

And furthermore, all you people waited HOW LONG for this game to come out??? Now that it has, all you can do is find fault and complain?? I really think you all need to rethink your priorities...
"The Truth Shall Free Me"
And humour makes our lives worth living:
http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/ Why it's bad to plagiarize:http://auditorydepredation.files.wor...6231905169.jpg

Sykomyke
01.03.2012 , 10:16 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Eukament View Post
MMO today -> find the most broken side of the game as fast as possible and exploit as much as possible before the developers notice. Repeat ad naseum.

Slicing got nuked, Biochem your time has come.
This guy I'm quoting is the only sane person in this thread.

Why do people insist on exploiting games? And I use that term in it's full sense. There's a difference between min-maxing and exploiting. Min-maxing is finding the best case scenario and working towards it. Exploiting is finding an imbalance, and using it as much as possible.

I applaud the OP for making the thread, you actually will garner more attention for them to balance Biochem (either by making other professions more valuable for using, or by nerfing biochem).

Also, as a side note. Nerfing something isn't bad. Sure, to those who it directly affects they will feel the pain. But it's much more in-line with game balance to nerf ONE thing (in this case possibly, Biochem resuables) then it is to buff a bunch of other things. When you buff multiple things to bring it in-line with other similar things you cause a devaluation of stats.

The easiest way to think about this is that you'll find that stats get out of control easily. It's the same reason that WoW has had multiple revisions to their stat system, because rather then nerfing something and taking baby steps, they have increased values across the board. You end up with people having 10's of thousands of health...you end up having people hitting for a couple thousand damage. Rather then keeping everything at a low common denominiator you end up exponentially increasing everything until a major problem arises, then at that point action has to be taken.

TLDR: Enjoy Biochem if you have it. Don't be surprised if it gets nerfed. I don't suggest siwtching to Biochem for FOTM medpacks because it'll bite you in the butt. Nerfing isn't always bad, it brings balance which is what *most* people want.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire