Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

Stillnotking
01.03.2012 , 06:29 AM | #21
They only add to secondary stats, and +585 to crit/power is not actually that huge a buff. Using my power adrenal takes my +healing from 520 to around 610 or so. My heals hit for 100 more points. Stop the presses!

Secondary stats have steep DRs attached to them. It's why the clickable relics aren't very good compared to a matrix shard with your primary stat on it.

Rakata stims are the perk of biochem, they're what make it worth having at 400. Rather than taking them away, they should give every other crafting prof a static bonus to stats comparable to the difference between a Rakata stim and a normal stim.
Imperial Agent - Operative - Medic
"Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies." - Jane Austen

Aepervius
01.03.2012 , 06:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyability View Post
Its about as balanced as lvl 50's in the same PVP warzone as lvl 10s. This game has never had a glimmer of balance, there is the online single player story and then there is the abyss we call the "rest of the game". Crafting falls under the abyss of "we ran out of time so we slapped this together ASAP".
On that I have to partly agree. I have made a few WZ and then decide to completely drop it, until I am 50. The HP we have maybe the same but the difference in available skill make it useless to participate until 25-30 and at 50 at least you have equal potential.

Who had the utterly brilliant idea to mix people with different skills and level together, even with equalling HP ? Looks more like something they grafted later on without particular thought to it.
Tempus Fugit : Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat Ergo Memento Mori .

Cameirus
01.03.2012 , 06:33 AM | #23
um, they are the same as the non-biochem ones, you just dont have to keep paying for them.

Though with how easy credits are to get in this game, thats not really that much of a benefit anyway.

CHRISGG
01.03.2012 , 06:33 AM | #24
I think you have it the wrong way around. Reusable medpacs break the game. The other 2 are just nice minor perks, kind of like the permanent flasks for Alchemists in WoW.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Aepervius
01.03.2012 , 06:43 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
I think you have it the wrong way around. Reusable medpacs break the game. The other 2 are just nice minor perks, kind of like the permanent flasks for Alchemists in WoW.
How is that it breaks the game ? You can *buy* the same item with the same cooldown at a vendor, except it is gone each time you use it.

So all you get with the reusable stim and med , is that you spare money on the long run. on the short run you actually lose money as you have to pay for a lot of diplo mission to get the purple mats.

Actually , for the number of time I had to use medpack , and stim pack (mostly instance, as for levelling you rarely need them), I could simply have kept my blue one instead of reversing them to get the purple recept, and got enough out of them to keep playing without reusing med/stim.

ETA: and the blue one are better : they heal you for more due to HoT. The only saving grace on purple is that you spare money.
Tempus Fugit : Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat Ergo Memento Mori .

Cameirus
01.03.2012 , 06:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
How is that it breaks the game ? You can *buy* the same item with the same cooldown at a vendor, except it is gone each time you use it.

So all you get with the reusable stim and med , is that you spare money on the long run. on the short run you actually lose money as you have to pay for a lot of diplo mission to get the purple mats.

Actually , for the number of time I had to use medpack , and stim pack (mostly instance, as for levelling you rarely need them), I could simply have kept my blue one instead of reversing them to get the purple recept, and got enough out of them to keep playing without reusing med/stim.
so true.

112 diplomacy missions, no purple mats yet..... thats what? 13k of missions at low level, hate think of the cost at max.....omg really hate to think of it...

Racheakt
01.03.2012 , 07:25 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Flaxman View Post
Not gonna be a problem really, since all other profs than biochem sucks, everyone is gonna go biochem and voila, all balanced and fine
Realize that is what was said for slicing

Joking aside, BW only knows nerfs, that was the constant theme in the beta. I fully expect those stems and healthkits to have limited charges or insane timers.

Rizem
01.03.2012 , 07:40 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cameirus View Post
so true.

112 diplomacy missions, no purple mats yet..... thats what? 13k of missions at low level, hate think of the cost at max.....omg really hate to think of it...
Don't do standard diplo missions for purples, only for blues. Buy purple diplo mission discoveries on AH instead, works out much better.
UO->EQ->UO->SWG->UO->L2->WoW->PotBS->WoW->WAR->WoW->SW:ToR

Cameirus
01.03.2012 , 07:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rizem View Post
Don't do standard diplo missions for purples, only for blues. Buy purple diplo mission discoveries on AH instead, works out much better.
there are none on the GTN.

But thats irrelevant, Diplomacy is supposed to support Biochem, if it does not do that in a realistic manner for the level and resources of the character, then it fails.

after all, the Terms of use state that a character cannot have more item/currency/resourced above what is normal for its level. But in order to get mats on diplomacy, you have to give the cahracter far more credits than their level should have, which breaches the Terms of use......

Gunthr
01.03.2012 , 08:17 AM | #30
Ok, so why so much hate towards biochem guys ? Bored at work ?
Everyone here did their homework about how things work in this game?

Biochem crafters trade easy $ from slicing/cool epic armours/ epic weapons/ crystals,mods and
->Cybertech REUSABLE AOE CC BOMBS, epic mounts and loads of fun items<-
for:

... free heal every 90 sec, that only counts in open pvp 1v1 /2v2 becouse in wz it doesnt make ANY differance in the long run. Every one can buy non-reusable version from vendor.
Also, till level 50, reusable healing potions are useless, they are to weak compared to pvp potions and health boost from wz.
(2k-3k heal is equal to normal heal from any healing spell in wz's)
PVP potions from daily q are better than most potions till rakata meds(and i dont know anyone so far who got em).

...Adrenal Stims ? U lost a duel becouse someone got (for instance) 5% crit every 3 min for 15 sec... 580 seems alot... but at 50 lvl its around 14% crit for 15 sec ...GAME BREAKING...U did check relic's uses and stats it can give?

...Stat Stim boost (just like wows flasks)
Differance is around 30-50 damage on skill

Test it Yourself then please call for nerfs. Theyll come anyway...