Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frustration over when SI gets companions *SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Frustration over when SI gets companions *SPOILERS*

Ashnazg
12.13.2011 , 01:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragosmart View Post
Hey,

so is anyone else a little agitated by the fact, that after Khem Val the 1st companion the SI gets is Andronikos Revel who teams up with you on Tatooine, while most of the other classes get their second companion on Balmora? (Jedi Knight gets his on Coruscant, even)

PS: Balmora is the first planet you go to after Coruscant/Dromund Kaas. Then (if memory serves well) it's Nar Shadda and then Tatooine.

While BH has the same order of companion acquisitions, it seems a little unfair. See, for example, it means that the JK can start using his copanions for crafting much sooner than SI, thus being able to grind the Crew skills much faster.

And while Khem Val is superb, I got tired of seeing his face only after Balmora.

Any thoughts on the matter?
I played a SI assassin in beta, so I was bothered by the fact that my companion was completely useless to me until level 40 when I got my healer.

However, as far as crafting goes, it is normalized by level. You can only send a max of two guys to craft. I think it goes 3 from 30 to 40, then 4 from 40 to 50, and finally five max at 50.

shaclad
12.13.2011 , 01:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by azyrth View Post
i'm more upset that si's don't get a healing companion till friggin hoth
this is the problem
Working on your strengths makes you stronger,
Working on your weaknesses makes you invincible.

Babara
12.13.2011 , 01:50 PM | #23
Don't know what your complaining about. If you think that's bad the IA don't get their second companion until the end of Alderaan at around level 30.

Archaon_Thrax
12.13.2011 , 05:15 PM | #24
Khem Val is great and all, but imho, he starts losing his usefulness around level 20.
I used to be Standard Edition, till I took a CE to the knee.
CE VIP since July 28th, 2011 @ 1:35 PM (GMT+1).

Lgrayman
12.13.2011 , 06:11 PM | #25
It would be fine, but they unnecessarily nerfed the hell out of tank companions, so they are of very little usefulness now. As a result yes, it's a problem that you're stuck with Khem for that long.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Thirden
12.13.2011 , 07:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AmbientLance View Post
Unless they changed it since beta, the droid on your ship at 16 is a healer who can be brought on missions.
This. He doesn't come with any gear and tends to be slightly moronic in combat, but he DOES heal, and when he's not busy punching things, he does a fairly decent job of it. (Provided you actually scrounge up some droid armor first.)

Note: Emphasis is mine.
"With every kill I gain wisdom. And with added wisdom I gain power." -Artemis Entreri