Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Novels, where to start (1 more)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Novels, where to start (1 more)

Beeteel
01.03.2012 , 12:06 AM | #1
I was just in a thread where someone wondered where to start after the return of the Jedi. I would like to start in the very beginning cronologicly.

And only canon plz

Beeteel
01.03.2012 , 05:07 AM | #2
Still wondering. BUMP

TitusVorenus
01.03.2012 , 05:20 AM | #3
Truce at Bakura literally takes place immediately after the Battle of Endor. I personally quite enjoyed it, you should start there.
The Former Dalexeo Cobja of Starsider
Vorenus Faustus--Vanguard, Helm of Graush
Sygnus Faustus--Scoundrel, Helm of Graush
Vorbeck--Sniper, Ven Zallow

sethdil
01.03.2012 , 05:21 AM | #4
Truce at Bakrua

Just as reference; all post Return novels are considered cannon as Lucas had to approve the stories (or so the claim goes)

Beeteel
01.03.2012 , 05:39 AM | #5
oh, I'll probably get there eventually but what I meant was even further back. Are there no cannon novels written from the time of the old republic or maybe even earlier?

I should've been more clear about it sorry

Beeteel
01.03.2012 , 08:21 AM | #6
So bump again. Plz I'm really motivated to start reading up on SW lore

Logiick
01.03.2012 , 09:15 AM | #7
I can't imagine that there would be too many novels about far before the movies took place, but hell, with my dad having like... 4 rows of a bookshelf filled with solely SW novels, I could be wrong.

When I get home from work I'll check to see if I can find which is what, and post back here if no one responded by that time.
I'm curious myself.

Beeteel
01.03.2012 , 10:39 AM | #9
Great, ty!

But, I still cant decide where to start. Would it be wise to follow the novels cronologically, if not, any suggestion?

Morrac
01.03.2012 , 10:49 AM | #10
I would say start at the beginning with the Lost Tribe of the Sith ebooks. They are free and the story is pretty good.