Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan & Boarding Party Hard Mode

DarthWumps
01.05.2012 , 11:40 AM | #41
My guild killed last boss in Boarding Party last night the hard way.. Medic, melee, then main boss. It's our 5th time killing them, but we usually kill the main boss first then medic then melee. Easy fight actually once you figuer your strat out for your group makeup. It's not bugged just it sucks that it never drops loot which we are not too happy about.
GM of BURNING EMPIRES guild
Now recruiting mature MMO experienced guildies! East Coast server!
Official Website /
Recruitment Video / GUILD forums

The-Hammer
01.05.2012 , 11:46 AM | #42
Noticed also after the last patch enrage timers seem to be way shorter. was running into them on every boss most ive never seen them enrage before.

Rexell
01.05.2012 , 12:00 PM | #43
I think I'm more ticked off that they are more concerned with fixing trivial crap like emoting from vehicles (as previously mentioned) than addressing bugs like Revan doing 10x the dmg he should be with 1 broken ability.

Boarding Party might more be in need of tuning than anything else, but I really don't think that encounter is working as intended and would love to hear some Dev feedback on the encounter if it is.

arnoldlol
01.05.2012 , 12:17 PM | #44
I didn't realize BP HM was bugged outside of the chest not giving loot when you kill it sometimes. I killed this in a pug. D:

Revan on the other hand, is ridiculous.
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

joerumble
01.05.2012 , 12:54 PM | #45
The problem is that running Eternity Vault on normal is far easier and gives equivalent rewards to these hard mode flash points. I'm all for a good challenge but the tuning does seem to be considerably off on these fights.

asakawa
01.05.2012 , 07:11 PM | #46
Revan needs to be fixed. It's the most dejecting and frustrating feeling when you feel like you're beta testing something that you paid for. These are major bugs and need fixing with great alacrity!

Semitote
01.05.2012 , 08:14 PM | #47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf2gp0dLcHQ

That's Heroic Boarding Party.

I can say, it was nothing like that when I tried it. These guys are barely getting hit by Massey & the explosions. This makes me think it has been nerfed, but who knows. Maybe I just rolled with healers with less gear.
Semee - Legacy 39 - Valor 83 - Social VIII - Juggernaut
The Fatman Nerf Dialogue World #1 8M Empire
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

ContrailNZ
01.06.2012 , 05:55 PM | #48
Did BD before and after the patch.

You can 3 man it if you know what you are doing, though medic does hurt at first.

ContrailNZ
01.06.2012 , 05:57 PM | #49
The Foundry is still stupid and bugged.

Olleek
01.06.2012 , 06:14 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFirm View Post
Revan and Boarding party are killable:

-To kill Boarding Party bosses you can do what we did; Kill Engineer then the commander, you will get quest completed and get your token, chest will be un-lootable however.
We have tried to kill this boss in the correct order and on top of the chest with no luck but one of our hard mode groups actually managed to loot it somehow.

-Revan can be killed ONLY if you have an assassin in your party:
DPS Revan as normal to 50% this is when he will do his 1st Lightning Storm, keep bruning him down.
-At around 30% or 10seconds after he finishes his Storm cast your assassin needs to Grab aggro and pop his "shield wall" (the spell that lasts 3seconds).
-Revan will channel Lightning Strike (this is the ability that 1-shots), interrupt it and DPS him down.
-Revan will 1-shot 2 people shortly after, no way to deal with this unless you have a 2nd Assassin.
-Bring Revan to 11% wait untill he does his 2nd Lightning Storm AOE.
- As soon as his storm ends burn him down to 4% and prey the script triggers correctly.
We killed Revan yesterday with jugger tank, sorc dps, merc dps, sorc healer. Decent gear is also required tho. With T1 helm rest of the set T2 and Rakata Bracers/Belt, Rakata Stim, Adrena and good timing on endure pain + invincible i could take 2 hits.
But yes its impossible without a assassin if the Juggernaut dosent reach 27k hp with his cooldowns