Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan & Boarding Party Hard Mode

Cjhove
01.03.2012 , 07:27 PM | #21
Yeah but you're supposed to do boarding party to gear up. Not gear up to be able to do Boarding Party. The flash point is fine until the last boss in these 2 flash points. The level of difficulty spikes from easy in dragon age to a modded Nightmare + mode from the Black talon, The easiest flash point, To Boarding party, Supposedly the second easiest Flash point. You shouldn't have to bug the game to beat this. You also shouldn't have to gear up to be able to do this. This is where you gear up. Its kinda frustrating that the only flash point that is doable without good gear is Black talon. I hope this gets fixed.

yerdd
01.03.2012 , 08:40 PM | #22
The difficulty is not unreasonable. Even if it considered an earlier FP you can have gear from pvp, commendation gear from last 2ish planets, some BoE gear on top of any gear you can get from the 3 normal mode flash points as well as like Black Talon hard. Half the threads complain about content being too easy.

Nylyan
01.03.2012 , 09:13 PM | #23
I did Boarding Party HM with 2 people from another guild yesterday, and a guildy DPS of mine.
We did the entire flashpoint with no problem at all, we even did the last boss on a 1shot, the healer(Sith Sorcerer) just healed through the damage.
Still no box though

Unrealistick
01.03.2012 , 10:28 PM | #24
We just downed Revan. Need fast interrupts!
here's a screen on our guild site: http://infallibleevil.guildlaunch.co...033&gid=241795

Rainsfords
01.03.2012 , 10:57 PM | #25
I think the problem with BP is that the commander spams the grenade way more often than he should.

Tricsun
01.03.2012 , 11:13 PM | #26
Boarding party isn't terribly difficult. What i find EXTREMELY annoying is this stupid as **** system where you get locked out of the instance when you complete the quest. If you manage to kill the main guy before both the others are dead and wipe, you're screwed. If you manage to kill all of them all, the chest will most likely bug out anyways.

tXHereticXt
01.03.2012 , 11:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tricsun View Post
Boarding party isn't terribly difficult. What i find EXTREMELY annoying is this stupid as **** system where you get locked out of the instance when you complete the quest. If you manage to kill the main guy before both the others are dead and wipe, you're screwed. If you manage to kill all of them all, the chest will most likely bug out anyways.
And it bugs you from then on I think if you got the Weeklies Mission from the Mission Board. We went to do HM Illum and for about 30 minutes it was giving us problems like not letting us in (saying our flashpoints had to be reset) and then when we finally did, the fourth person in the group was getting bugged to where they couldn't see invites.

Strah
01.03.2012 , 11:33 PM | #28
I find BP last boss incredibly easy.
We just found an amazing wipe-proof tactic, after about 20 wipes of course.

Sointu
01.04.2012 , 12:43 AM | #29
Boarding party last boss is all about positioning people correctly. However it is annoying that if you don't kill the middleguy last you most likely bug the lootchest and wont receive loot, which makes the boss a bit harder.

Orielensis
01.04.2012 , 05:00 AM | #30
Revan?

We finished him at the first attempt yesterday. My marauder and the healer (a merc) were both level 37, and this is a level 37 FP. At some point he took out both the tank (level 41 jugg) and the other marauder (level 40) but I kept cloak of pain and sabreward up and killed him without losing much health at all.

Now HK-47, he took us 3 or 4 tries. But that was because it was the first time doing the FP for three of us so our tactics weren't very good at first.
Seasons of Byss
|The Prognitor EU|
Lykourgos 55 Marauder Mel'pomene 55 Operative
Brasidas 55 Powertech