Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando Story Line

dreatlan
01.02.2012 , 11:34 PM | #1
Hello everyone. I just had a few questions. I was wondering if the Siege On Ilum Flashpoint quest is the end of the game or story line? As for the Commando.. I am wondering why Republic Troopers are elite in this game but, all the movies they are weaklings with light armor and blasters? Did something cause the Republic Army over the years to forget their knowledge of the Assault Cannon and Heavy Armor? And last question.. I got told this game is based off the books not the movies. There isn't a movie with anything we see here. Is this true?

Thank you if you reply and help

Raiellyn
01.02.2012 , 11:39 PM | #2
You really have to wrong idea about this game's setting.
It is set 3000 years before Episode 1. The Republic soldiers you are probably thinking of are;
A) Clone-troopers, who are designed to the expendable.
B) The Rebel Alliance, who are under-equipped.

In The Old Republic, the Republic still uses *real* soldiers. These soldiers have families, unlike the clones. So, logically they would have higher-spec equipment with a slight hit to cost-effectiveness.

And you are not a trooper. You are the Republic's special-forces. It's like comparing the training of a corporal in the army to Rangers. There is a *huge* gap in ability, and as special forces are normally few in number, they get even higher-grade equipment to compliment their training.

dreatlan
01.03.2012 , 12:04 AM | #3
I don't know which trooper I am thinking about. I should go back and watch all that stuff again. I don't know about the Trooper comment. On the story line I had to work with the 34th Infantry or something. They were ground defender forces not special forces. They also had an Assault Cannon and heavy armor. I don't know it's all confusing.

Raiellyn
01.03.2012 , 12:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dreatlan View Post
I don't know which trooper I am thinking about. I should go back and watch all that stuff again. I don't know about the Trooper comment. On the story line I had to work with the 34th Infantry or something. They were ground defender forces not special forces. They also had an Assault Cannon and heavy armor. I don't know it's all confusing.
In the Trooper storyline, you are a part of Havoc Squad. Republic Special Forces. You are assigned to Ord Mantell, which also has *normal* soldiers.

And to clarify, this game has nearly nothing to do with the movies. The only similar thing is the setting. Think of it as an extreme prequel.

Corvenik
01.03.2012 , 01:14 AM | #5
you were a normal soldier who was transfered to Havoc Squad 0= the special forces of the republic army