Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Companion Quest - Khem Val

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor Companion Quest - Khem Val

E-Zekiel
07.18.2012 , 06:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Skorz View Post
I found a video where the player sides with Zash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bodii...XYdlQOLgQpHnew
Thank you for posting this. I am still having a crisis of whom to choose.

Here's the thing - my sith inquisitor is light side, he's a good guy, and pretty much anti-Empire, even if NPCs sometimes label him otherwise.

Here's his/my dilemma. On the one hand, he sees Zash as this person who was trying to shake things up, change a few things, but was on the verge of death and basically just saw him as a sacrifice. Which is understandable, but he wouldn't just let her kill him. Now remember, whether Zash is "good" or "bad" in your own perception isn't relevant, I think the character on the light-side would put it together like this...People didn't like Zash. She was trying to change things up. Thanaton especially hated her. And he sees just about any change as good, so yeah.

On the other hand we have Khem Val. A bastard of a Deshade that hates mercy, prefers to kill the weak, and is all around just a terrible person.

But the third and in my opinion, hardest factor to deal with? Bad as Khem Val is...You would still be TRAPPING HIM IN A PRISON FOR ETERNITY FOR BEING THE VICTIM OF SOMETHING HE HAD NO CONTROL OF. And letting someone else possess and use his body. And that is just...wrong no matter how you slice it.

So it comes down to...What is more wrong? Preserving the life of someone who is just a terrible person, because the alternative of imprisoning them forever is just horridly unjust? Or preserving the consciousness of what may have been a good person who messed up a few times, but at the cost of unjustly imprisoning someone and using their body?

Really is a tough call. Good or not Zash WAS the instigator of what happened, so it seems like the punishment should be on her shoulders. But between the two, I think Khem is more evil. But he's honorable. Zash he'd see as less evil, but certainly dishonorable. But as someone who is trying to change the Empire from within, much like the SIth Warrior, he would know what that's like.

ElvenPadfoot
07.22.2012 , 10:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Zekiel View Post
Really is a tough call. Good or not Zash WAS the instigator of what happened, so it seems like the punishment should be on her shoulders. But between the two, I think Khem is more evil. But he's honorable. Zash he'd see as less evil, but certainly dishonorable. But as someone who is trying to change the Empire from within, much like the SIth Warrior, he would know what that's like.
I don't know if this makes the decision easier or harder, but Khem got possessed by Zash by trying to save the inquisitor. You think Zash would ever step in front of a blaster bolt for you?

My inq is LS too, but also pragmatic. Khem may be 'evil', but as an agent for a more moderate empire, I can direct his violence upon those that refuse to see reason. I can't say the same for Zash, who has demonstrated that her needs rank above the greater good in her opinion.

EvilTazz
07.22.2012 , 10:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Zekiel View Post

On the other hand we have Khem Val. A bastard of a Deshade that hates mercy, prefers to kill the weak, and is all around just a terrible person.
Khem doesn't actually prefer to kill the weak, he likes killing force users as stated in his codex and shown during one of the earlier quests on Dromund Kaas where you have the option of tagging an innocent man to be murdered by sith or tagging sith apprentices, the light side option is the apprentices which gains you affection with Khem.

Personally I don't see how anyone can question who to trap.
Spoiler

WizardsDestiny
07.22.2012 , 11:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EvilTazz View Post
Khem doesn't actually prefer to kill the weak, he likes killing force users as stated in his codex and shown during one of the earlier quests on Dromund Kaas where you have the option of tagging an innocent man to be murdered by sith or tagging sith apprentices, the light side option is the apprentices which gains you affection with Khem.

Personally I don't see how anyone can question who to trap.
Spoiler
Right in everyway, my friend. Khem is a lovable, if violent monster, Dashade.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

lokdron
07.23.2012 , 11:16 AM | #25
As the SI says khem is my lovely morose monster. While zash tried to body snatch and kill me. I think I will take the monster.

Plus he is cool. I like to think that khem showed my SI on how to be a sith whenever I show weakness he gets - approval when I stomp everyone in my way and show strength to others he makes faces. Zash only sends you around to collect stuff for her she did not even teach you on how to be a sith she only wants your body.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

magicallypuzzled
07.27.2012 , 01:03 AM | #26
i suppose it depends on how you veiw the hints/out right declarations that zash knew her ritual would messup the way that it did. for one thing zash has been shown through out the story to have the gift of preminition and she was the one that told you to bring khem said it would be disirable even. yet there was absolutely nothing about that ritual working correctly that needed or even was affected by khem being there. the only purpose khem served in the ritual was messing it up and zash whent out of her way to make sure he was there. her apprentice the one that actually listened/believed what zash said tells you striaght up that zash knew that all of this was going to happen.

personally i consider zash to be looking out for my inquisitor atleast as much as khem does. which makes this choice nearly impossable to make i think i am going to wait to see if either character can make a comback before i choose who to trap. but if i end up having to choose it's got to be khem that gets trapped just becuase zash is amazingly awesome.

lokdron
07.27.2012 , 02:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
i suppose it depends on how you veiw the hints/out right declarations that zash knew her ritual would messup the way that it did. for one thing zash has been shown through out the story to have the gift of preminition and she was the one that told you to bring khem said it would be disirable even. yet there was absolutely nothing about that ritual working correctly that needed or even was affected by khem being there. the only purpose khem served in the ritual was messing it up and zash whent out of her way to make sure he was there. her apprentice the one that actually listened/believed what zash said tells you striaght up that zash knew that all of this was going to happen.

personally i consider zash to be looking out for my inquisitor atleast as much as khem does. which makes this choice nearly impossable to make i think i am going to wait to see if either character can make a comback before i choose who to trap. but if i end up having to choose it's got to be khem that gets trapped just becuase zash is amazingly awesome.
You actually trust the witch? If she was looking out for you she would not have tried to take your body in act 1. I honestly don't understand why people keep the witch around she is going to backstab you. SHE IS SITH, zash only cares about herself.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

magicallypuzzled
07.27.2012 , 03:01 AM | #28
blah blah sith blah most people that brandy that word around don;t even understand what it means. and like i said it's flat out said that zash never intended to steal your body in the first place she knew she would fail the ritual.

ElvenPadfoot
07.29.2012 , 03:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
blah blah sith blah most people that brandy that word around don;t even understand what it means. and like i said it's flat out said that zash never intended to steal your body in the first place she knew she would fail the ritual.
It's not, ''flat out said that Zash never intended, blah blah blah''. That's your interpretation of events. An equally valid interpretation is that she either underestimated Khem's intellect, or relied on his hatred of servitude to compel him to stand idle.

magicallypuzzled
07.29.2012 , 07:46 PM | #30
eh yeah it is out right said by the girl apprentice chick . right after you battle zash you go out see the two apprentices arguing. one who doesn't believe zash and gets mad when he finds out she's appearantly dead and one who did believe zash and isn;t mad. she then explains that every thing whent according to plan that it was all to put the inquisitor on a path that zash has forseen will change the sith forever.