Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos
01.02.2012 , 10:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nikusu View Post
He didn't say it was a major content patch. He was just pointing out that they're giving us more for free. We're not waiting 6 months for new stuff. Was it needed? Maybe or maybe not. Just get off my game.

Add-ons? No.
Chat bubbles? Not top priority. Fix some class bugs.
Space? Fine so far. They said it would be a rail shooter and I'm more than pleased. If they add more, awesome.

Quit trying to speak for the community. You're a vocal minority. Happy people don't qq on the forums. By the way, why does the very much alive game need resuscitation? Hate to bring it up to you doomsayers, but FFXIV is still running and profitable and that's probably the worst MMO ever launched.

They're not giving us more for free. I'm paying $15 USD a month for this, don't tell me it's free.

The fact that you don't want add-ons implemented speaks volumes. They in NO WAY affect you. They are totally optional, and are a way for the community to customize their UI so that it fits their requirements. I don't want someone arbitrarily dictating the method in which I play.

Don't like add-ons? Then don't use them.
Vorps
The SW:TOR Fanboy:
"EVERYONE, BACK THE !@$# UP! MY OPINION IS FACT!"

Nikusu
01.02.2012 , 10:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Xugos View Post
Acquire foresight. Everyone, including the Rift/Aion/Warhammer Online players loved the game initially.
Not true for two of those three games. Once those games were actually released they both plummeted in subscriptions. Both were hailed as WoW-killers during beta, but both died a week after release. Not hating on either game. Both are still running just fine without me.

Captain_Failure
01.02.2012 , 10:17 PM | #23
/Yoda

I sense much fail in this thread. Yes, hmmmm...

jbscotchman
01.02.2012 , 10:18 PM | #24
lol, the games been out two weeks and you think it needs resuscitated?
Intel i5 760 @ 3.6ghz - MSI P55-CD53 - 8gb DDR3 1600
EVGA Geforce GTX560 Ti @ 950/1900/2220 - Windows 7 64-bit

Nikusu
01.02.2012 , 10:20 PM | #25
They're not giving us more for free. I'm paying $15 USD a month for this, don't tell me it's free.

The fact that you don't want add-ons implemented speaks volumes. They in NO WAY affect you. They are totally optional, and are a way for the community to customize their UI so that it fits their requirements. I don't want someone arbitrarily dictating the method in which I play.

Don't like add-ons? Then don't use them.
Obviously you lack MMO experience because a monthly subscription rarely leads to more content on a monthly basis. Played WoW? We got two weeks of content without going into hardmode. Aion? You brought up Aion. That has had two content patches and an expansion. Add-ons are abused. I loved recount so everyone could see me being better than them, but it also lead to scrubs linking it every pull. Omen? Sure. I think they should just add a threat meter in the game, but then people like you will still qq.

Zaskaszh
01.02.2012 , 10:21 PM | #26
You may be correct, but I think they have at least until the end of the free 30 day period to resuscitate this game.
Are you serious? Really? "Resuscitate"?

When I logged in tonight, 25% of the servers were Standard load, 50% were Very Heavy, and the other 25% were Heavy.

This game has been live for the general populace for 13 days- THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!! -and the servers are so busy there are queues, and you're talking about resuscitation?

Just how impatient and illogical are people nowadays???
"Welcome to today's MMO generation mate, the single worst, entitled generation ever seen. - BegaTasty"

Xugos
01.02.2012 , 10:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaskaszh View Post
Are you serious? Really? "Resuscitate"?

When I logged in tonight, 25% of the servers were Standard load, 50% were Very Heavy, and the other 25% were Heavy.

This game has been live for the general populace for 13 days- THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!! -and the servers are so busy there are queues, and you're talking about resuscitation?

Just how impatient and illogical are people nowadays???
http://i.imgur.com/NmjiA.png

All of the MMOs that were released within the WoW era in which we find ourselves today had their subscriptions plummet ~30 days AFTER RELEASE. We're at day 9 right now, and judging by the dissatisfaction rampant throughout the player base, the trend can be applied to SW:TOR.
Vorps

davidpop
01.02.2012 , 10:24 PM | #28
I am amazed that there can be this many MMO devs that arent working, every post on this forum is posted by people with amazing insight on how how to make mmos.

Why dont you guys got your own 11mil sub mmos, since you all know exactly how its done?

ThiefUK
01.02.2012 , 10:24 PM | #29
*Tank* Resuscitate Quick!
*Healer* Cant! 4-5 Second Ability Delay

Although i do agree with your Target of Target statement, thats a must..
Chat bubbles.. Shall we just import wow?
Rest is debatable.

Although for those saying the game has had 1 million subs so far. So?
Thats basically the "Try-outs" for this game, it wont stay that way.

Finally the Comment about Bioware been more "Interactive" with its community, yes totally agree, get them on the forums for a live debate.
You can avoid reality. But you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Xugos
01.02.2012 , 10:26 PM | #30
Quote:
Although for those saying the game has had 1 million subs so far. So?
Thats basically the "Try-outs" for this game, it wont stay that way.
Thanks for employing logic. I can not emphasize the contents of the quote enough due to humanly limits.
Vorps