Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Eternity Vault - Ancient Pylons Consoles Bug (Hard)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Eternity Vault - Ancient Pylons Consoles Bug (Hard)

Trineda's Avatar


Trineda
01.14.2012 , 03:01 PM | #21
Hello there,

We have updated 1.1 patch notes in the Public Test Server forum. The Pylon reset bug is mentioned there:


Quote:
Operations
Eternity Vault

The Ancient Pylons now reset correctly if not solved within the allotted time.

Niclamus's Avatar


Niclamus
01.14.2012 , 04:29 PM | #22
As best I can tell there is no "work around" that fixes it, doing it in any order, limiting sides used, etc all do not work reliably.

We did do it having south complete theirs first every time on our actual victory without having it bugged out, but I'm not convinced that is what caused it to work for us. Best advice: use the optimal route, click as soon as consoles become available, and pray. That's basically all you can do.
Ntk, Jedi Sage of Nerf Dialogue
US - Hedarr Soongh - Progression PVE Raiding
5/5 5/5 Nightmare 16m - Boss Walkthroughs
Watch live Sunday - Friday 9PM-2AM EST http://www.twitch.tv/niclamus

MigSebes's Avatar


MigSebes
01.14.2012 , 07:03 PM | #23
100% sure way that I posted in that other thread(search function came back, please use it)

Always lock the South pylon first.

Always click on the right console only.
DreadeisSideisSebesMigsebes
The CRUENTUS Legacy
<Show Me Your Crits>
FREE SERVER TRANSFER

lnky's Avatar


lnky
01.18.2012 , 03:21 PM | #24
The "secret" to this fight is this - Solve North 1st Tier, South 2nd Tier, South 3rd Tier, North 4th Tier. Doesn't have to be at the same time at all.

Bump this in every page so people stop complaining.

engrey's Avatar


engrey
01.18.2012 , 03:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by lnky View Post
The "secret" to this fight is this - Solve North 1st Tier, South 2nd Tier, South 3rd Tier, North 4th Tier. Doesn't have to be at the same time at all.

Bump this in every page so people stop complaining.
Correct, that is how it is solved on hard/nightmare, though the encounter can still bug at times. We did that last night, as we have the past few weeks, but on the last pylon our piece never moved. You can do the order correctly but that does not mean the encounter will still bug from time to time.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Gaun's Avatar


Gaun
01.18.2012 , 03:31 PM | #26
Okay.. It MUST be bugged, let me tell you why, we did this prepatch as follows (and it worked), and its the same as we tried today.. (talking about ev hardmode pylon here)

We use a diagram so we always make the least turns to lock on to the right symbol, we write this down before we start the event, so we can do it at fast as possible and without any confusion.

We sync on both sides as we split up in groups of 4 locking each wheel on the correct symbol at the same time.

Still the wheels become unturnable at after 2nd wheel, and we can do nothing but wait and try to kill the mob waves failing at the final one where around 6 proto acklays spawn ? ***?

Have I missed something? We have done this on normal 3 times, and on hard 1 time before using the method above which seems and according to my internetz research as the CORRECT way to do it!?

Kinda pissed if they made a patch and broke something they were supposed to :fix:...

Gaun's Avatar


Gaun
01.18.2012 , 03:34 PM | #27
Wait srsly, there are 4 pylons? And you have to move around to each of them solving one wheel at a time? Now im just confused...

We've been splitting up in two groups, solving each wheel of the pylons in sync using the least turns etc...

engrey's Avatar


engrey
01.18.2012 , 03:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaun View Post
Wait srsly, there are 4 pylons? And you have to move around to each of them solving one wheel at a time? Now im just confused...

We've been splitting up in two groups, solving each wheel of the pylons in sync using the least turns etc...
Turns don't matter, and splitting is still the fastest way to do it. You have to solve the each tier of the puzzle like this, North, South, South, North. That means the north group solves the bottom most tier, than the south can complete. The South solves the middle tier first, than north can complete, so on and so forth.

It is good practice to keep the turns to a minimum to save time, but you should not solve at the same time for each tier level.

EDIT: The above is for hard and nightmare only, on normal both sides should be able to solve whenever they want and have it work.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Gaun's Avatar


Gaun
01.18.2012 , 04:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
Turns don't matter, and splitting is still the fastest way to do it. You have to solve the each tier of the puzzle like this, North, South, South, North. That means the north group solves the bottom most tier, than the south can complete. The South solves the middle tier first, than north can complete, so on and so forth.

It is good practice to keep the turns to a minimum to save time, but you should not solve at the same time for each tier level.

EDIT: The above is for hard and nightmare only, on normal both sides should be able to solve whenever they want and have it work.
So thank you jawa, we will have to try this tmrw,solving north, south, south, north first and then have the other follow after..

Can I ask HOW THE HELL you came to the conclusion that this is how and why it should be solved this way?

I have tried to look for clues in this encounter, but they dont seem very friggin obvious, and then I find myself trying way too hard to make sense of it and coming up with nada... please share the wisdom, i'd like to know what the hell I am missing..

Qcto's Avatar


Qcto
01.18.2012 , 05:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaun View Post
So thank you jawa, we will have to try this tmrw,solving north, south, south, north first and then have the other follow after..

Can I ask HOW THE HELL you came to the conclusion that this is how and why it should be solved this way?

I have tried to look for clues in this encounter, but they dont seem very friggin obvious, and then I find myself trying way too hard to make sense of it and coming up with nada... please share the wisdom, i'd like to know what the hell I am missing..
His conclusion is baseless and anyone who claims they have figured this encounter out is completely wrong. It IS bugged. There have been people reporting success with many different ways, which means its just luck and you happened to be trying x strat when it worked.
The Hitchens Legacy | 50 Operative | 40 Mercenary | Daragon Trail