Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finding groups for heroics and flashpoints is rediculously HARD

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Finding groups for heroics and flashpoints is rediculously HARD

Reevax
01.02.2012 , 09:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by YooYooMa View Post
Whispering people you don't know who aren't marked as LFG is generally considered to be rude.

Before WoW had a LFD tool, it had a GLOBAL LFG CHAT. A chat exclusively for LFG people? So that you can find people who want to do dungeons and heroic quests? BRILLIANT
Thats not totally true. There was a global channel very briefly but it was the gold sellers wet dream and they got rid of it.

Getting a group during most of LK meant sitting in town spamming trade for a group.

This is the system we have in SWTOR because for some zanny reason people think spamming a trade channel or sending /tells to random people = social and commnity

mesha
01.02.2012 , 09:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by belialle View Post

"Hey there. Don't mean to bug ya, but I was just wondering if you might possibly be up for an Athiss run?"

This is rude to you? Actually what I am about to say is rude: I am inclined to say that if you find this rude, you really need to remove that stick from your ***.

You may not realize this, but in the days before LFD tools, this kind of thing was extremely commonplace. This game doesn't have a WoW-style LFD tool (thankfully), so this is really the best way for people to get things done.

The best way to make it more acceptable for uptight folks like yourself would be to add in a "Do Not Disturb" or "Anonymous" option so that you don't show up on the /who list when people search.
It's basically being whispered with advertisements, so yeah i find it rude AND annoying, maybe it's you who needs to remove the stick from your behind if you think this game couldn't do with a decent LFG tool or chat channel whatever floats your boat.

YooYooMa
01.02.2012 , 09:48 PM | #24

"Hey there. Don't mean to bug ya, but I was just wondering if you might possibly be up for an Athiss run?"

This is rude to you? Actually what I am about to say is rude: I am inclined to say that if you find this rude, you really need to remove that stick from your ***.

You may not realize this, but in the days before LFD tools, this kind of thing was extremely commonplace. This game doesn't have a WoW-style LFD tool (thankfully), so this is really the best way for people to get things done.

The best way to make it more acceptable for uptight folks like yourself would be to add in a "Do Not Disturb" or "Anonymous" option so that you don't show up on the /who list when people search.
Actually the best way is to advertise LFG/LFM announcements in appropriate generals.

Talking to 100 people who can see it is much more efficient then whispering one person at a time.

imtrick
01.02.2012 , 09:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ituhata View Post
Rakaa Mind Prison here, Empire side. No issues, whenever I'm ready to run something I just tab over to general , wait a few seconds for someone to spam LFG, then whisper that person, and then once the group quits lollygaggin and gets over to the heroic, we do it.
Same here, but on The Jekk'Jekk Tarr. No trouble at all getting into a group (with basically the same tactics).
Taint & Rough Trade - tart.enjin.com
------Casual and Hard-Core, 18+ GLBT Sith & Republic Guilds------
Part of the game-spanning Rough Trade Gaming Community

YooYooMa
01.02.2012 , 09:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevax View Post
Thats not totally true. There was a global channel very briefly but it was the gold sellers wet dream and they got rid of it.

Getting a group during most of LK meant sitting in town spamming trade for a group.

This is the system we have in SWTOR because for some zanny reason people think spamming a trade channel or sending /tells to random people = social and commnity
I played between 2005 and 2006 and I remember that LFG chat being there for quite a while in that time period.

Vydor_HC
01.02.2012 , 09:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharik View Post
Come on, man. It takes nothing away from you to be supportive of someone that is having an issue. They've clearly stated they're having problems. Just because you're not does not mean someone else isn't. Don't be that guy. Please.
Nah, stating I'm not experiencing the issue, and letting him know what I am doing so that I don't have the issue. Not sure what the problem is.

Dogblaster
01.02.2012 , 09:53 PM | #28
No its not, easy to find groups
Life is a game. And I always win!

belialle
01.02.2012 , 09:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mesha View Post
It's basically being whispered with advertisements, so yeah i find it rude AND annoying, maybe it's you who needs to remove the stick from your behind if you think this game couldn't do with a decent LFG tool or chat channel whatever floats your boat.

Maybe I do. Maybe I like my stick though!

Hey, man, I agree that this game could do with a decent LFG tool or channel.....but it doesn't have one right now, does it? When I say that I'm happy we don't have a WoW-style dungeon finder, I only mean that I'm happy to not have a cross-server dungeon finder, that's all.

We do the best we can with the tools we are given. You can continue to spam General for 30 minutes at a time, trying to get your group together. I will continue to politely whisper people I see buzzing around the Heroic/FP area and get my group going in 10 minutes. Seems fair to me.

mesha
01.02.2012 , 09:56 PM | #30
Seems fair to me.
Bothering people seems fair to you? Alright then.