Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finding groups for heroics and flashpoints is rediculously HARD

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Finding groups for heroics and flashpoints is rediculously HARD

Threefiddie
01.02.2012 , 09:25 PM | #1
I'm on the Sanctum of Exalted server(which is often very heavy or full) and ever since level 23 I have not been able to find a single group for heroics or flashpoints. I am level 43 now I doubt I'm that far ahead of everybody cause warzones are loaded full of level 50s.

It has just been the most difficult thing to do is find groups and I can even heal!

Is your server the same way?

Ituhata
01.02.2012 , 09:28 PM | #2
Rakaa Mind Prison here, Empire side. No issues, whenever I'm ready to run something I just tab over to general , wait a few seconds for someone to spam LFG, then whisper that person, and then once the group quits lollygaggin and gets over to the heroic, we do it.

Mannic
01.02.2012 , 09:31 PM | #3
Best way to get a group for zone heroics is to spam LFG while you're doing other things, and just be prepared to gradually build a couple other members while you're questing. And yes, it's very possible you have outlevelled most of the rest of your server. I've noticed that people level VERY slowly in this game. And the players you see in warzones who are level 50+ may have gotten to level 50 primarily in warzones and rarely leave them. I have two character above level 35 and I feel like I could pretty easily start working on my level 10 alt right now and be on Taris before half the server is off Tatooine.

jugeum
01.02.2012 , 09:32 PM | #4
The real problem is just the number of people who just write LFG 3 for _____. I am sorry but I have almost zero compulsion to respond to those adverts in LFG. It tells me not what I need to hear. Is this person DPS, Heals, Tank. or are they looking for one of those. Also, it is really easy to get caught up in questing in this game. I miss guild chat pretty much 80% of the time and have to be whispered to get my attention. That said, I never have much trouble finding groups to do anything. It may take 5 minutes or so of writing something creative and interesting, but at least it gets the job done. Personally, I am glad there is no LFG tool. I appreciate my group mates 3 times more and have grouped with many of the same people, not in my guild, over multiple worlds for heroics and instances. And I am sure my friends list is almost full because of it. Quit being impatient and get creative. If you really want to get it done, you will get it done.
"Always do whatever's next." -George Carlin

xhaiquan
01.02.2012 , 09:33 PM | #5
I agree. I play on one of the RP_PVP servers that is alays full. And even with 150 people on the instance it's diffiult to find a group. a LFD took would be a help and stop all the "DPS LF2M 4 HAMMER" spam

Mannic
01.02.2012 , 09:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jugeum View Post
The real problem is just the number of people who just write LFG 3 for _____. I am sorry but I have almost zero compulsion to respond to those adverts in LFG. It tells me not what I need to hear. Is this person DPS, Heals, Tank. or are they looking for one of those. Also, it is really easy to get caught up in questing in this game. I miss guild chat pretty much 80% of the time and have to be whispered to get my attention. That said, I never have much trouble finding groups to do anything. It may take 5 minutes or so of writing something creative and interesting, but at least it gets the job done. Personally, I am glad there is no LFG tool. I appreciate my group mates 3 times more and have grouped with many of the same people, not in my guild, over multiple worlds for heroics and instances. And I am sure my friends list is almost full because of it. Quit being impatient and get creative. If you really want to get it done, you will get it done.
You're taking heroics too seriously, IMO. FP's may need this kind of trinity stacking (though even FP's don't require min-maxers.) I have yet to see a HEROIC 4 in this game that couldn't be three-manned, and most of them can be 2-manned if you're careful (and you both have 1 min. CC.) And there are three DPS classes who can also heal well enough to get you through Heroic content. We're not exactly talking about Rift T2 Experts here. You don't have to have a perfect trinity to do the Heroics.

Vydor_HC
01.02.2012 , 09:36 PM | #7
Can't say this is a problem at all. Getting groups atm is extremely easy in this game, even with my guild all involved in other things, all I have to do is go to the launch point for a mission and form up a group by asking people around if they are interested in a little adventure. Then putting them on my friend list so I can contact them in the future. This game is full of questers, it's really easy to them to group up.

belialle
01.02.2012 , 09:37 PM | #8
Here is the best way to find a group for your flashpoint.

1. /who

2. Locate the search box at the top. Type in the level range (ex: 30-34)

3. Start whispering people politely to ask them if they want to do a flash point. PROTIP: If you write using complete sentences, you will come across as trustworthy and reliable. People will be more inclined to run with you. If you write something like, "u tnak 4 MgT" .... you probably won't get very far.

4. ????

5. Profit.

Seriously. This is how we used to always have to do things back in the days when LFD didn't even exist.....even in WoW. You might even meet some new friends or something. Crazy idea, I know.

Spamming General is not the way to get things done. I'm just saying.

mesha
01.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by belialle View Post

1. /who

3. Start whispering people politely to ask them if they want to do a flash point. PROTIP: If you write using complete sentences, you will come across as trustworthy and reliable. People will be more inclined to run with you. If you write something like, "u tnak 4 MgT" .... you probably won't get very far.

4. ????

5. Profit.

Seriously. This is how we used to always have to do things back in the days when LFD didn't even exist.....even in WoW.
No offence but being whispered with something like this is annoying beyond belief, just as much as guilds advertising their own through whispers, it's also ridiculously rude.

Mannic
01.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by belialle View Post

1. /who

3. Start whispering people politely to ask them if they want to do a flash point. PROTIP: If you write using complete sentences, you will come across as trustworthy and reliable. If you write something like, "u tnak 4 MgT" .... you probably won't get very far.

4. ????

5. Profit.

Seriously. This is how we used to always have to do things back in the days when LFD didn't even exist.....even in WoW.
This is solid advice. There have been a few times in my MMO career where I've gotten a PM that says something to the effect of; "hey u healz?" I won't even bother to reply to those people because I know what's coming next.

Also, if you keep track of people you've grouped with by putting them on your friends list, you'll gradually build a little database of people you've had good experiences with before and, often, you'll find they are levelling at a very similar rate to you.

But if you outlevel everyone on your friends list and in your guild well, you're truly on your own at that point.