Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please dont put these in.. just dont..

pryt
01.03.2012 , 03:26 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
Target of target
It's implemented already.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ...
... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

Ironspeed
01.03.2012 , 03:35 AM | #42
I dont get half the people posting here..
So far I hate the UI in SW:TOR, it's big. bulky and messy, I dont like where my view is focused and half the time I run around questing on rather low hp etc etc.

Ui customisation is what I want most, the option to maybe make, oh lets say a smaller iconed, 3 row thing down there, with easy keybindings and a better companion bar, option to put my party frames up to the right or hell even above my bars in a grid like way.

Now these thingsa re basic basic stuff, but for those who are so negaitve to addons and mods, for certain roles it's pretty crusial to have a good view of the battlefield and the rest of your group, for anyone who's been healing in MMO's before you'll know how easy it is to get tunnelvision if you stare blindly at bars in one corner or forget about that to move around enough.

As for DPS meter, I agree that for endgame there would be a great need for a way to track preformance, then again I dont know much about endgame tor, I still feel like I play a RPG game more then a MMO, done a few flashpoints and all but it's not got the same feeling I'we had in other MMO's, the story is absolutly a+ though!

TL;DR I want to be able to place my bars as I like, and unit frames to, DPS would be handy for endgame!

ZielAkros
01.03.2012 , 03:36 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiddles View Post

If Bioware want to hold on to subs for an extended period of time, they should consider a dps meter system, maybe one that:

1. Can only be viewed at the end of a run and/or boss (stops people from watching meters the entire fight) and shows overall damage/healing, + dps/hps done while alive +dps/hps done overall (IE doesn't stop the clock once you die)

2. Can not be linked in any form of chat.

3. Can be disabled at the beginning of a run for those who don't want to use it (INCLUDING their input, so others can't harrass them for "been 2 nub")

This has been my 2 cents. Sorry for the wall of text, but I feel strongly about the matter.
now this i can stand behind, and yeey i caused some flamming *cackles like a madman*

Pooglecoborg
01.03.2012 , 03:45 AM | #44
This was literally the worst post that I ever read on the internet. Every point made by the OP was so blatantly incorrect and idiotic that any normal human should be sicked by the fact that one of their fellow species has such a severe lack of intelligence.

alex_xania
01.03.2012 , 04:09 AM | #45
If some1 says that dps/heal meters isnt improtant ....he hasnt ever played endgame raiding.....You cannot do progress raids without combat log and dps/heal meters....Ignore all the other addons.....

Nitewolfe
01.03.2012 , 04:13 AM | #46
OP i personally hope that ALL of your list gets added!
The things you listed are common mmo tools in todays market place.
Swtor will die a slow death with out common tools!

Nitewolfe
01.03.2012 , 04:15 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by pryt View Post
It's implemented already.
There is no target of target in game. So please do tell where your finding a target of target window?

XisscVekno
01.03.2012 , 04:57 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by alex_xania View Post
If some1 says that dps/heal meters isnt improtant ....he hasnt ever played endgame raiding.....You cannot do progress raids without combat log and dps/heal meters....Ignore all the other addons.....

People who say this are narrow minded without the ability to reason. DPS meters where never ever needed in any sort of raiding until WoW, and that was cause some moron who thought it to be a good idea passed it on to other morons who caught on to DPS meters where needed end of story. Most of us gamers have been raiding content through the years without a DPS meter. If you are THAT worried about someone not pulling the numbers you need maybe you should be more selective of who you invite into your guild/raids.

DPS meters are like cars in the sense they are not needed for me to get to work. They are damn useful I will say that and make things way easier, BUT they are far from needed. You can easily calculate the dam you are doing and a rotation if you just watch the floating combat text. It's not hard just stop playing with yourself and look at the screen. When I see a number pop up on my screen for using x ability I know that ability does y dam do it enough times to like level/type mobs and you get an average. add averages together and whats this... a rough idea of what DPS you are pulling!!! NO WAY!!!!

Combat log helps with being able to see what is being resisted so it would be nice if that was implemented sooner than later, but a DPS meter is not needed. Sure I could go for one that is a personal DPS meter that only I can see and it can't be posted like SWG had. And a out of game parser that could be used for raiding if people are THAT worried over the types of players they recruit.

Also for a final note only because I know I'm going to get the oh so cliche response of "If you hate damage meters, it's because you are bad and get kicked out of groups" well I can tell you this. I can easily get into the top 5 guilds on any server of any game world wide. And guess what.... all without the use of a damn meter.
Not all things in life are free,
and freedom has the highest cost of them all.
Remember those who gave, so you could enjoy what others do not.

Erolina
01.03.2012 , 09:13 AM | #49
I dont understand people in this thread that are against Dps Meters.

It is accountability to make sure your players/ raid members are pulling their weight.

If you are against it then there is only one possible reason why and that is simply put you do not want people to see how bad you are.

There can not be another reason.

The pros outwieght the cons by a long shot...

There is not one person in a progression raiding guild that would ever support this. Only people that could not cut it...

I know hardcore raiders only make up like 15-20 percent of the community while casuals are the other 80 percent but you have to understand those 20 percent drive the success of the game/economy.

If you lost hardcore raiders and you will if these things dont change the game with suffer for it. It is that simple
Just try and keep up...

theadjectivenoun
01.03.2012 , 09:18 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Erolina View Post
Anyone that says they do not want any type of dps meters in the game is either very bad or very confused.

Dps/Heal meters - Seperate the bad players from the good.

It shows you...
who is active the most during a fight
who is taking the most damage and from what
who is healing the most
the abilities people are using and how often
etc...

Looking at the results of a dps meter will show you many things about a player and whether they know what they are doing or not. So if you do not want this in the game then clearly you are not a endgame player or have any idea what endgame is about.

If players are bad and dont understand their class well they shouldn't hold back a guild from clearing content and should be exposed.

As far as everything else, you can live without most of it and just adapt. Good players will
and you would be the very first person I would kick.