Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eternity Vault: Soa down (Nightmare mode) after only 2 weeks after release :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Eternity Vault: Soa down (Nightmare mode) after only 2 weeks after release :)

Bavin
01.03.2012 , 01:52 PM | #71
I think there was a mistake made. Oh yeah.. You thought people actually cared what about what you accomplished.

Almost everyone falls into one of these categories:
1) Really has no idea what you're talking about.
2) Feels that you had it too easy, marginalizing the modicum of achievement you've produced.
3) Feels that given the same opportunities you have had they can easily accomplish what you have.

Very very few people will give you what you're really looking for, a salute to your execution and hearty amazement at the awesome which seeps out of every orifice in your e-body.

MMOs are easy. Way easy. Any accomplishments you make are built on a foundation of principles formed on much more difficult terrain with inferior tools and superior intellects.

The guys like these stand on the shoulders of giants, claiming a place that is not their own. You have a well-designed UI, a relatively stable game, and a very small team of people, literaly 1/9th or less the size of EQ raids. The coordination of such a small group of people is childs-play compared to the necessary logistics of managing a team of over 70 people.

Why haven't more people done what you've done? Other people just don't.. care as much. Because it's just not that big of a deal.
▐╪╪╪╪╪╪|◙₦██████████████████████████████████████)

Druc
01.03.2012 , 01:54 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Anelitt View Post
Its kill/collect XXX from lvl 1 to 50 with no exeption whatsoever.
Just like every other MMO. Maybe this isn't the genre for you.
Bioware's Mission Statement: "BioWare's vision is to deliver the best story-driven games in the world."

Rennyn
01.03.2012 , 01:56 PM | #73
Is loot awarded in Hard/Nightmare the same as a regular Operation? (Preassigned randomly generated, etc)

Shaetun
01.03.2012 , 02:12 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Rennyn View Post
Is loot awarded in Hard/Nightmare the same as a regular Operation? (Preassigned randomly generated, etc)
No you can need/greed for it.

Dawning_Enmity
01.03.2012 , 02:15 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by astronaute View Post
So 2 weeks after the release, all PvE content has been beaten:

http://swtor.irae-guild.de/7-news/39...ightmare-8-man

PvP related: T2 violet artifact stuff being done randomly to everyone in bags.

So now everyone is almost full stuff T2 PvP grinding to level 60 PvP to get even better stuff randomly in better bags.

Yes, they apparently forgot to hire a game designer

Sucks to be you,

seriously, you've missed alot of good stuff, in fact mose the the game.

Dawning_Enmity
01.03.2012 , 02:25 PM | #76
Oh we also arnt calling it "T2" thats way to wowish,

We need a better name though, any suggestions?

I'm thinking, Classification 2, or... Bracket 2.

rijde
01.03.2012 , 03:22 PM | #77
Too much trash or intentionally too hard and this person would have cried just the same.

wwusirius
01.03.2012 , 03:50 PM | #78
The problem I have with the whole world first arguments and "clearing within two weeks" comment is the fact that there was ptr or there was beta testing on these encounters. Even if the fight is tuned after testing, the fact that people get practice on a fight in a testing environment gives them a huge bonus in defeating a boss on live.

Now I have no clue wether or not this group had some practice in beta or not, and grats to them regardless of difficulty, or ops size, but these threads are getting old. Leave them to WoW where they came from.

I'm 50 and took my time to enjoy the content along the way. Hoping to get a guild that needs a tank and do these bosses. They do look like fun!

Oteraign
01.03.2012 , 03:56 PM | #79
DS was done in 2 days so...
Agent Mithus
Legion of Lettow
Level 30 Medicine
Sith Cruzaders

Panzeriv
01.03.2012 , 03:56 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by astronaute View Post
So 2 weeks after the release, all PvE content has been beaten:

http://swtor.irae-guild.de/7-news/39...ightmare-8-man

PvP related: T2 violet artifact stuff being done randomly to everyone in bags.

So now everyone is almost full stuff T2 PvP grinding to level 60 PvP to get even better stuff randomly in better bags.

Yes, they apparently forgot to hire a game designer
Congratulations I guess all of you will finally be able to move out of your parents basements now and get a life....