Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Damage Meters

Sehte
01.02.2012 , 07:39 PM | #1
All bosses on Heroic and Nightmare have enrage timers, yet you provide no combat log, or damage meters? How does a raid leader evaluate the raid? Has there been a response to this that I couldn't find or are they staying in the dark about this obvious miss?

Thanks.

zolthie
01.02.2012 , 07:42 PM | #2
inb4 "dont you like a challenge?!"
"go back to wow"
etcetc

Abbeel
01.02.2012 , 07:45 PM | #3
I would really like some way to record how much damage I did over a period of time so I can compare it to other stretches of time and decide which way is best for myself. It's really hard to figure out which way to do damage is best when all I have to go on are numbers popping up.

Sehte
01.02.2012 , 07:45 PM | #4
How does damage meters reduce the challenge?

Lostkitty
01.02.2012 , 07:49 PM | #5
I would love Damage Meter's for personal use but at the sametime I'm hoping Damage Meters dont make it to the game, not everyone is going to play at top skill even with dmg meters or w/e and with Damage Meters others use those to call out people and make fun of them, I hate being in a group and having to listen to someone complain about another persons DPS just being Terrible... we all play this game to have fun... and Dmg Meters alot of time are abused
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
―Yoda
"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
―Yoda

Sehte
01.02.2012 , 07:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostkitty View Post
I would love Damage Meter's for personal use but at the sametime I'm hoping Damage Meters dont make it to the game, not everyone is going to play at top skill even with dmg meters or w/e and with Damage Meters others use those to call out people and make fun of them, I hate being in a group and having to listen to someone complain about another persons DPS just being Terrible... we all play this game to have fun... and Dmg Meters alot of time are abused
Then don't use them? I can be an option turned on or off, but it makes analyzing fights, specs, equipment, classes, rotations, really anything, impossible.

ZielAkros
01.02.2012 , 07:57 PM | #7
just read the area signed as meters,* as well as the top*

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...34#post1077034

enough said.

Erolina
01.02.2012 , 08:30 PM | #8
Anyone that says they do not want any type of dps meters in the game is either very bad or very confused.

Dps/Heal meters - Seperate the bad players from the good.

It shows you...
who is active the most during a fight
who is taking the most damage and from what
who is healing the most
the abilities people are using and how often
etc...

Looking at the results of a dps meter will show you many things about a player and whether they know what they are doing or not. So if you do not want this in the game then clearly you are not a endgame player or have any idea what endgame is about.

If players are bad and dont understand their class well they shouldn't hold back a guild from clearing content and should be exposed.

As far as everything else, you can live without most of it and just adapt. Good players will.
Just try and keep up...

thecoffeecup
01.02.2012 , 09:05 PM | #9
Damage meters do give certain people the power to ridicule others or brag (even if they were actually intentionally sabotaging a boss fight to improve their own DPS).

I still would like damage meters in the game. Here are a few reasons.

1. If possible, certain people will sit back and leech loot with the bare minimum of effort. I want to find out if this is happening.

2. Sometimes your group is failing and nobody knows what's being done wrong. Damage meters (+healing meters and damage taken) can help you find out. I have seen many examples of this being done in a mature way, where nobody was ridiculed or yelled at. For example, it may help you realize that you misunderstood some mechanics if you can tell your group is being annihilated by a specific attack.

3. I want to be able to measure my own abilities somehow. I usually did quite well in WoW, and I got there by paying attention and using damage meters/healing meters to make sure I stayed sharp. I would like to have that option in SWTOR.

4. Maybe this is the same as the previous point, but it would be extremely helpful to be able to measure your DPS while you are learning your rotation.

5. I like looking at statistics. Sue me.

For now, it's refreshing to be in SWTOR without the massive addon abuse (LF1 DPS for SFK, must have 50 gazillion GS). But as more people reach endgame, I bet we're only going to have more requests for damage meters.

Draconax
01.02.2012 , 09:11 PM | #10
I would very much like to have some sort of damage/heal meter in the game, without an announce feature. I don't need to stroke my epeen, but I do rely quite heavily on damage meters to improve my performance and fine-tune my rotation.