Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Didn't receive mail on re-rolled character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Didn't receive mail on re-rolled character

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lenonk
01.05.2012 , 01:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreson View Post

I do understand your frustration!

We all find things in SWTOR that we think are failing. The question is just how are we dealing with them!

If overall your experience with SWTOR is that bad, cancel your subscription and tell BW why. In detail!

And then potentially have another look at SWTOR 6 months down the line when the first trial or returner option is released.

If on the other hand you are still having fun (of sorts) with the game, forget about CS!

I don't know what you lost (and I don't want to know!) but one of the posters here said he lost 30K, another 50+...

Playing the already mentioned L23 smuggler I have taken him back up from 15K to 40K today in less than 5 hrs gaming including a number of Slicing and Salvaging missions done by 1 of my crew with no salvage items having been sold and a mix of augmentation and lock-boxes on the Slicing end, again, with only the lock-boxes having been turned into credits. Plus obviously a mix of quests...

So why foam over some in-game money for days without end if you could just relaxing into making it (and more) again?

But hey, maybe it's just because I'm something that you forgot to put in your list: a rather relaxed gamer who is in it for the fun!
It's a matter of principle at this point. The existence of the bug is fine, as I said, I'm a developer, so I totally understand that it happens. But from a developers point of view, when you create a bug that's in any way detrimental to you paying customers, you have an obligation to make it right. Blowing them off and saying, "Oh well, we'll fix it soon" is just not acceptable customer service.

EDIT: Overall, I am having loads of fun with the game otherwise, and no, this isn't something that's going to make me quit, nor am I threatening to do so. What I *am* saying is that this poor level of customer support is indicative of the type of support we'll receive in the future. As soon as some bug causes me to lose a bunch of levels, or a bunch of epics, or something even more impacting, I'm concerned that again Bioware will neither care nor do anything about it.

Also, I only get 2-3 hours a night to play, so the 5 hours that you spent earning those credits is about 3 days worth of playing to me. That's a lot of time to just throw out the window.

Peace

hardicon
01.05.2012 , 01:25 PM | #22
what level was your bounty hunter. you had some pretty high level stuff there and alot of credits just to delete that high level of a toon. wish i had that much free time.

DonTickles
01.05.2012 , 01:33 PM | #23
Here is the 32 page thread on the bug that has had several CSR replies:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=39498

The summary:
Some get their stuff back at the cost of "recovery tokens", as if the loss is their fault.
Some are simply told restoration is not possible. I guess it depends on the "droid" your ticket gets pared with.

Im not trying to be a backseat moderator, but for the sake of bringing this to attention so it gets freakin' fixed, please continue on that thread. 50-80+ page threads are tough to ignore and tend to appear "louder" than a fragmented response.

Please also keep in mind that I'm not getting on to anyone for making a new thread... I have a feeling that the search function was turned off to prevent organization like this so that problems like these seem like exceptions.
*~*~*This is my creative forum signature.*~*~*

XxGudgeXx
01.05.2012 , 02:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by hardicon View Post
what level was your bounty hunter. you had some pretty high level stuff there and alot of credits just to delete that high level of a toon. wish i had that much free time.
He was only level 21, the items and money i'd obtained where from 450 Slicing on my Sith assassin lvl 35 which took me about 3-4 days playtime.

XxGudgeXx
01.05.2012 , 03:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreson View Post
Right, of course it is your 'right' to transfer items from one character to the other.

And if you think you (read: somebody!) need to have 490K on your level 1 guy, well, to each their own...

But why not wait until your guy is level 20? Or are you collecting top armor/weapons for level 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 etc. in your cargo hold?

If not, well, then I assume you are using the credits to buy your guy the best armor/weapon possible... though - aside from the fact that my lowest level character is a level 23 smuggler and he has not bought a single weapon or armor or had either transferred from any other of my characters - I don't quite see why a level 10 character would need more than a few 100 credits for equipment (and abilities!)?

Anyways, yes, maybe the transfer thing is overall bugged (which I can't confirm!), then obviously it should be fixed (eventually)...

But what is it with this name obsession?

'I made a character, I gave him my favorite name, now I don't like him anymore, I want him deleted and my name available to me again!'

Guess what: there are gamers out there who are faster than you in picking that one name you like oh so much!

Are you going to complain to CS about that?

Guess what: there are games where names are never released again once a character had been created with this name despite the character having been deleted!

Be happy that SWTOR does offer that chance.

So, if you feel the need to 're-roll' your character (which actually is the completely wrong concept: you delete a character and you create a new one! 'Re-rolling' would in my book go a bit more along the lines of a complete reset of the character down to bought abilities and picked skills. But hey, that's just me...) for fart sake do so, but why not have a character with a different name as your 'main'? You want to guess how many names I have used in just over 10 years of MMOing? Definitely more than 1 for my 'main' characters.

Also, always be careful what you are doing with your 'valuables' in game, a simple typo may cost you dearly.

So yes, I do blame you guys for taking something granted in an MMO!

You could have tested! Just transferring 100 credits will neither kill anyone if it's lost. And if everything works out fine, well, as I said before I don't see the reason why a low level character needs to have the big money. Rather you could have transferred money on a needs be basis with some 10K to allow him to get his speeder license for example...
Why on earth did you make this about names when it's about me and other people losing our credits and items due to a bug in the mailing system and the awful customer service doing nothing to redeem the items we lost due to them. Do you work for SWTOR customer service? Because you seem to be just as useless as they are. I already told you the reasons why i mailed all the money and items to my new character and why i re rolled it was to play with a friend and level up with him so why wouldn't i post all my items and money over to my main, why wouldn't i delete an alt for a name which I've been using for years and many people know me by.

xoaxie
03.29.2012 , 11:07 PM | #26
I opened my mails today for 5500, 2200, and 2200. looked at my bag, it didn't apply. same amount of credits before and after collecting mails. such is life for the buggiest game i have ever seen. I just hope they get it together soon.
Wish in one hand......