Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Didn't receive mail on re-rolled character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Didn't receive mail on re-rolled character
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XxGudgeXx
01.02.2012 , 07:02 PM | #1
Okay so... I decided to re roll as an Imperial Agent in order to level up and play with a friend, so i deleted my Bounty Hunter alt so i could use his name and re-rolled as an Imperial Agent named Lurka. So i did the starting intro and ran to the nearest mail box to get my Digital deluxe edition and Pre order mails, then i logged onto my Sith Assassin named Vinus and decided to mail pretty much everything of value i owned to my new main. Little did i know, mailing to a re rolled character is bugged and i didn't receive my mail and even worse it seems like the Customer Service don't even care.

Now then the mail i sent was highly valuable it was 490k Credits, both Speederbike schematics (level 40 blue and level 50 epic) as well as crew skill missions for Scavenging and Underworld Trading. The mail was sent from the Imperial Fleet, at around 1am on monday morning, From: Vinus To: Lurka on the server Legions of Lettow. I sent a Ticket (Number 2059359) at around 3am the same night and the reply i got was just an automated message pretty much saying thank you for you bug report... I currently have another ticket open (Ticket number: 2081137) for about 12 hours now with no reply, and i doubt i'll get one other than another automated email.

Please solve my issue as you must have a log for the mail system and it's your fault i didn't receive my mail. Also i'm posting here because the in game customer service feels useless unlike for example Blizzards at least from my experiences.

Bruggy
01.02.2012 , 07:13 PM | #2
I hope your issue is resolved.
Seems to me you ought to recieve what was lost due to a bug.

Kindajenin
01.02.2012 , 07:13 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings XxGudgeXx,

I am sorry to hear that you lost your credits in game.

I apologise for the delay in receiving a response from customer support. However you will need to wait for a reply to help you with this issue.

We are experiencing a high volume of tickets at the moment and I am afraid we cannot give you a estimation on when you will receive a reply.

Thank you for contacting us.

XxGudgeXx
01.02.2012 , 07:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by U1-G7 View Post
Greetings XxGudgeXx,

I apologise for the delay in receiving a response from customer support. However you will need to wait for a reply to help you with this issue.

We are experiencing a high volume of tickets at the moment and I am afraid we cannot give you a estimation on when you will receive a reply.

Thank you for your reply, i'll wait and hope that this time my problem gets fixed instead of a copy paste answer.

xkanne
01.03.2012 , 05:00 AM | #5
Same here i lost my 2x Mastercrafts, 1x Superior items which was send to my new character ... Now i got only Empty message.

I hope You solve this bug else its pointless to use mailbox.
BioWare should inform the players that they may lose items thx to mailbox.
The pvp in this game is a myth. You hear about it but never are able to actually see it.

Jessicayla
01.04.2012 , 12:37 AM | #6
Let us know what happens - my boyfriend made a new character after he deleted one with the same name. I sent all of his credits from the previous deleted character and tons of crafting materials to him about 20 hours ago in the mail and he hasn't received any of it. We both opened tickets but I just expect an automated response, like all of my other tickets.
Unsubscribed until further notice.

Taelrond
01.04.2012 , 12:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by U1-G7 View Post
Greetings XxGudgeXx,

Seriously! He gets a response inside of 15 min. and I haven't gotten squat from you guys in 3 days?!! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=112414

And yes, I have the same thread being ignored in the CS forum but can not locate it due to stellar forum functionality. ***? And there are many others that have threads older than mine awaiting some sign of life from CS. Enough is enough.
Lemmings gear up... we've got them on the run... one final push to the cliffs and they're ours.... CHARGE!!!!

I was a part of the game testing program.... CE

DarkAnnihilation
01.04.2012 , 01:48 AM | #8
I too have this problem, it's so bad now Im afraid to use the in game mail, I send test mails to my alt before I send anything else, and that is just unacceptable. Now I cant get mail I send to my alts regardless if it is a re-rolled toon or not, issue seems to be account wide. I just can't imagine somthing like this not being bumped up to high priority on any other mmo, ie EVE, WOW. Almost everyone rolls an alt to help with crafting and you put your customers in a serious bind if they can't trust if items, credits, crafting materials will make it to their destination. I love this game and want to see it do well, but poor customer service and lack of resolution of problems such as this can be killers in a mmo industry.

Goreson
01.04.2012 , 06:22 AM | #9
Well, I'm at odds with this policy of 'hey, I got a superduper high level character here, I'm now going to shift stuff down to the new character I just made thereby making him the 'bestest' superduper low level character ever'

Why not enjoy what you are getting in those first 10, 20 level and then, if you really feel you need the help, then start shifting?

Because what people seem to forget is that you are creating a huge can of worms whenever you create a character with the name of a recently deleted character on the same server!

What if that character was deleted by accident (yes, it apparently does happen, even to pros!) and the player wants it back?

Which character is then going to be given the rights to the name, the one that was deleted by accident or the one that was created when the name was available again?

Some MMOs actually never 'free' a name once taken on a server, so 'Joe' may never become available again despite 'Joe' only having been played for 1 hr 6 years ago...

Best suggestion I could make, and I assume that would cut down on these lost transfers to newly created characters with 2nd hand names is wait a week or 2 before you do your transfer...

everything else is at your own risk...

Trenyt
01.04.2012 , 06:51 AM | #10
Huge issue at the moment. I've lost probably 30k credits plus items when rerolling characters. I posted a ticket in about 3 weeks ago and I still haven't had anyone contact me beyond the ticket closing protocol droid.
'If brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your Stetson off!'