Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armormech Crafting Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Armormech Crafting Guide

DownyTif
01.07.2012 , 09:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Arch-Stanton View Post
1. Check out the RE guide sticky at top of crew skills form
2. when you craft, you can sort items by "difficulty". More difficult items will advance your crafting skill, less difficult items will not if the difficulty is too low.
3. More expensive missions yield more resources. Just before the mission cost, it should say "Moderate", "Abundant", or "Rich" Yield. This is relatively how much of the item you will bring home as compared to other missions.
I thank you sir!
So, for the difficulty, everything has a gray dot next to it, except the Professional Chestguard armor, which is yellow. Now, since I don't get any more Armormech from like all the the items I can craft, should I stop crafting at the moment and continue my quest line to unlock new schematics at the crew skill vendor?

EDIT: changing the "Difficulty" for "Level", I noticed that all my schematics are for Level 9 equipment, except the Chestguard armor which is level 11. I really need to find more schematics, but how?

DarthRilous
01.07.2012 , 10:18 AM | #22
I finaly got a T3 legs, but the stats compared to my modded legs were terrible. How do you get higher quality epics? If you start with a blue recipie then T2 will be epic and T3 will be an even better epic?

apacheFX
01.07.2012 , 10:35 AM | #23
What is Tier 3, oranges? Those UT missions don't always give you a purple mat, does companion affection have anything to do with odds of getting one?
I belive th OP has confused everyone....I'll explain

Tier 1 Green's/Basic
Tier 2 Blue's/Protype's
Tier 3 Purple/Artifact's

Orange items are not in the Tier scheme, Orange merely denotes a Modable Item.

Crew Affection has not to do with the outcome of UWT missions, only missions with a tag of "Rich" will reward artifact/purple quality mat's

Quote: Originally Posted by TheLastWolfman View Post
Hi apacheFX,

Thanks for the clarification on the naming scheme for crit crafted items, I have updated the guide to reflect this.

As to your comment above, I was suggesting, that if you wanted to craft a specific augmentable tier 2 item, once you had the tier 2 schematic you would repeat craft it until you got the crit roll. I will look at the wording of what I have written and see if I can make it clearer.

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you liked the guide.

Regards
Wolf

1. Please stop calling Purple/Artifact's Tier 2, For Armormech they are Tier 3 Recipes.

2. It is still insanely cheaper to RE from blue/protetype qaulity than Purple.....You can't relearn the same recipe twice so why RE purple...Just RE blue's.
"Go LIke Hell"

Arch-Stanton
01.07.2012 , 06:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by apacheFX View Post

Crew Affection has not to do with the outcome of UWT missions, only missions with a tag of "Rich" will reward artifact/purple quality mat's
Then does crew affection have ANYTHING to do with missions, mats, or crafting? I've seen several more people reference high affection increasing likelihood of critical mat, and you're the only person I've found so far who says no. I'm willing to believe either side, but do you (or anyone) have any evidence to this fact? FAQ, manual, etc.?

Right now this crew forum if friggin impossible to read, because crafting and missions success are dictated by probabilities based on unknown variables, no one knows the algorithms, the majority of the people on here don't understand probability math, and everything is a speculative cluster flock.

Arch-Stanton
01.07.2012 , 06:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DownyTif View Post
I thank you sir!
So, for the difficulty, everything has a gray dot next to it, except the Professional Chestguard armor, which is yellow. Now, since I don't get any more Armormech from like all the the items I can craft, should I stop crafting at the moment and continue my quest line to unlock new schematics at the crew skill vendor?

EDIT: changing the "Difficulty" for "Level", I noticed that all my schematics are for Level 9 equipment, except the Chestguard armor which is level 11. I really need to find more schematics, but how?
I started with a few schematics, RE'd some of them up to Tier 3 purples, and then looked for better schematics. I've found a few on Underworld Trading (though I usually get synthweaving schematics from there), very few random drops, and I've bought the majority from Armormech crew skills vendors.

If I find i'm not increasing my armormech skill by crafting, or i'm having to go back and look for Scavenging or Underworld Trading mats that are below the top grade of missions available, then its time to move on and look for new schematics. Only exception is when I've found a few niches for items that sell well on the GTN. But I've found making money and leveling are mutually exclusive, typically you're either farming/crafting/RE'ing for leveling up skills, or you're just crafting for money. Its hard to sell stuff when you're constantly RE'ing back into scrap

"Difficulty" seems to be inversely proportionate to "Rating". From my personal experience, Tier 1 items typically have a higher "Difficulty" than the Tier 2 or Tier 3 counterparts of that same item. I think this is to encourage Armormechs to diversify their offerings rather than just focus on a single item family (so you can't continuously increase your Armormech skill by just focusing on all the variations of a single family of Heavy Boot, for example). Armormech skill improvement is frontloaded on the lower tier items of a family.

"Level" is the min level a character will need to equip the item. Typically, the higher the 'level' of the Tier 1 item, the greater the initial 'difficulty' and the 'rating'. Tier 2 items of the same family will have the same 'level' as Tier 1 but with a slightly lower 'difficulty' and a higher 'rating'. Tier 3 items will have the same 'level' as Tiers 1 and 2, but with the lowest 'difficulty' of the family and the highest 'rating'.

lol, sorry for superlongpost

DownyTif
01.07.2012 , 10:45 PM | #26
Thanks a lot! Well, in the time between I wrote my reply and you wrote yours, I found the reason why getting schematics from vendor was not working. I was checking with the vendor on Balmorra. It was always empty. When I went back to the fleet, I went to the skill guy and had a LOT of schematics available! But now I don't have any materials left hehe, so I'm back questing on Balmorra and scavenging dead droids

Ohoni
01.08.2012 , 02:55 AM | #27
That is a great guide, but really a better one would just be:

Get armor and mods off Commendation vendors whenever possible.
Sell whatever mats you get via Scavenging and Underworld Trading for cash.
Use the cash to buy mods from a Cybertech to keep your orange gear updated.
Use the rest to buy standard gear off of vendors.

In the end you'll have equal or better gear than via Armormech, and a lot more money.

Nitewolfe
01.08.2012 , 03:04 AM | #28
Can anyone here tell me how i would find the havoc items in this crew skill?
I have tried torhead but its useless.

Any help would be great!

Ashenic
01.08.2012 , 03:12 AM | #29
Great guide!

Though after looking through it, it dawns on me that it seems like crafting gear doesn't allow you to make custom gear. Which bothers me since I would only pick it up for the aesthetic standpoint.
I am imagination.
I can see what the eyes cannot see.
I can hear what the ears cannot hear.
I can feel what the heart cannot feel.

Ergh
01.08.2012 , 04:51 AM | #30
there is one questino atm I have armorsmech 380 and I made plenty of armors for me, companion and guildies the patern is green-blue-purple (superior, mastercraft) but when I got schematic via underworld trading blue and I made it into purple there is no mark like superior or mastercraft so is there a posibility that if I buy or get schematic blue-purple-legendary ? Or what exactly are legendary items ?

I am 45 lvl right now and i hope that armorsmech will be at lvl 50 usefull.
We must protect republic at all cost !!!