Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armormech Crafting Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Armormech Crafting Guide

apacheFX
01.06.2012 , 09:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
My biggest question is can we make anything other than armour?
The other skills seem able to make multiple items (armstech = weapons+mods, bio = medpacks+stims+implants, cyber = mods+ear+ship+grenades+mounts {blimey!}), what 'specials' do we get for levelling this profession?
You get artifact Bracers/Belt recipe that are BOP at skill 400, they require a material from HM's to craft and are equal to Tier 2 PVE items
"Go LIke Hell"

Arch-Stanton
01.07.2012 , 02:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by apacheFX View Post
Tier 3 artifact recipes will always require a artifact mat. Currently only Rich yeild underworld trading missions reward artifact mats.
What is Tier 3, oranges? Those UT missions don't always give you a purple mat, does companion affection have anything to do with odds of getting one?

TheLastWolfman
01.07.2012 , 05:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by apacheFX View Post
NO NO NO....You can just as easly RE the blue version over and over till you get all versions of the Epic..You dont have to waste mats crafting the purple ones and RE them.
Hi apacheFX,

Thanks for the clarification on the naming scheme for crit crafted items, I have updated the guide to reflect this.

As to your comment above, I was suggesting, that if you wanted to craft a specific augmentable tier 2 item, once you had the tier 2 schematic you would repeat craft it until you got the crit roll. I will look at the wording of what I have written and see if I can make it clearer.

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you liked the guide.

Regards
Wolf

TheLastWolfman
01.07.2012 , 06:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arch-Stanton View Post
Hi wolf, great guide, I really appreciate it.

I have found that Tier 2 purple items almost always require a rare purple mat to manufacture. Like yourself I was going to GTN for these mats, but I have recently heard unconfirmed info that if your crew member has a high level of affection for you, they will be more likely to crit on missions and supply more of the rare purple mats. I'm working on this now, but if true its a pretty key component to making Armormech viable for crafting and selling armor items above blue.
Hi Arch-Stanton,

Thanks for the feedback I am glad you found the guide helpful.

As far as I know for certain, crew affection only effects efficiancy (the speed at which you do the missions). Certain crew members come with crit bonuses for missions, which increases the chance of getting rare mats from the missions. I would not however rule it out that greater affection could boost the crit chance. I haven't been tracking this but would love to hear back from you if you gather any evidence.

In the meantime, you might find the following post helpful.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=132015

Regards
Wolf

TheUnNamedHero
01.07.2012 , 06:54 AM | #15
Did Armstech instead of armor. Maxed it by level 32 and did not make a single weapon. Until you get the lv 400 orange plans, it's better to just keep crafting and reversing your mods for the epics, and upgrading your orange quest given gear with them instead of making actual weapons/armor.
Unless you survived the Corrupted Blood outbreak, you don't know what a game breaking bug is.

Fordring
01.07.2012 , 07:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Arch-Stanton View Post
Hi wolf, great guide, I really appreciate it.

I have found that Tier 2 purple items almost always require a rare purple mat to manufacture. Like yourself I was going to GTN for these mats, but I have recently heard unconfirmed info that if your crew member has a high level of affection for you, they will be more likely to crit on missions and supply more of the rare purple mats. I'm working on this now, but if true its a pretty key component to making Armormech viable for crafting and selling armor items above blue.
Hi Arch,

I can confirm that this is true. I have a high number of critical missions as a BH with Gault who is at 8k Affection while Skadge who is at -1000 I bascially never critical.

Also to add to the general knowlege of the thread.

Im currently working my way through my own fully crafted set at level 50 (Head, Belt, Bracers, Boots, Chest, Pants).

Using the level 49 patterns I craft the greens until i get Rebout blues (Critical seems more comon) and then craft the Rebout blues until i get the Purple love which is ilvl 129 or something around this level.

RE'in a purple crafted I recieved the same materials that RE'in a Green provided and likewise with blues HOWEVER, there is a chance to recieve the rare material you used in the creation process.

I have 2 questions at this time: Patterns that are learnt outside of the trainer. Can they be improved to a secondary tier? For example I have a pair of nice Blue pants that come from a level 50 recipe. Can I re' these into an Epic version? My current feeling is no, I can't and that it is only possible with trainer learnt recipes. It would be great to get some information about this as I gave up on trying after the 12th RE'in attempt.

Second question: Can we RE epic items into Legendary?
My initial thought is no however, looking at the trainer taught epics i find them SERIOUSLLY lacking in stats. Aim+Endurance+Defense. Pathetic. The Green level gloves I developed into epic level have low aim and endurance but have presence (fml), defense, absorption, alacrity and i think one other stat.

In closing, Armortech seems to provide less spiked stats and a much across the board stat increase.

Thanks Wolf for putting this together.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me *Uurdz @ The Swiftsure.

It is unlikely that I will keep up to date with this thread.

theKalmo
01.07.2012 , 08:19 AM | #17
U can upgrade lvl 50 blues to lvl 50 purples via RE...its just seems that the % is very small for it. It took me way over 100 REs to get the purples but the 'good' part is that 'cause ur REing blues there's only 3 different purples to get(critical, overkill and redoubt).

The only problem is that with couple of days of Ilum and Belsavis daylies u get enough and better mods that anyone can make with bigger stats u get from pretty much anything anyone can craft(the rakata bop stuff is useful thou)...even the schematics from ops and hard modes are not up the bar with stuff that drops...they just need blue AND purple parts from hard modes and ops.

TheLastWolfman
01.07.2012 , 08:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Fordring View Post
Hi Arch,

I have 2 questions at this time: Patterns that are learnt outside of the trainer. Can they be improved to a secondary tier? For example I have a pair of nice Blue pants that come from a level 50 recipe. Can I re' these into an Epic version? My current feeling is no, I can't and that it is only possible with trainer learnt recipes. It would be great to get some information about this as I gave up on trying after the 12th RE'in attempt.

Second question: Can we RE epic items into Legendary?
My initial thought is no however, looking at the trainer taught epics i find them SERIOUSLLY lacking in stats. Aim+Endurance+Defense. Pathetic. The Green level gloves I developed into epic level have low aim and endurance but have presence (fml), defense, absorption, alacrity and i think one other stat.
Thanks Fordring,

As far as I am aware there is no diference in the Tier progression between schematics obtained from the trainer and those from elsewhere. I have personally made Tier 2 RD-13B Striker Greaves (Lvl 20).

I cannot answer yout second question yet

Regards
Wolf

DownyTif
01.07.2012 , 08:56 AM | #19
Thanks a lot for the effort in this great guide. I was pretty lost and since I read this guide, I'm crafting like crazy with my level 20 Bounty Hunter.

I have 3 questions though:

- Maybe it's just bad luck, but my RE almost never provide schematics. I've spent A LOT of materials for like 4-5 new schematics... Is it possible to improve the RE % chances to extract new schematics and if yes, how?

- My Armormech level is stuck at 60. I keep crafting, but it doesn't improve. Why is that?

- Before logging out, I always send Mako and my starship droid to Scavenging and Underworld Trading missions. Some missions cost more, some missions cost less in the same listing. What's the difference between the missions according to the price? Is it worth it to send a companion in a 500 credits instead of a 245 credits one?

Thanks a lot guys, for the original post and to the many replies!

Arch-Stanton
01.07.2012 , 09:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DownyTif View Post
Thanks a lot for the effort in this great guide. I was pretty lost and since I read this guide, I'm crafting like crazy with my level 20 Bounty Hunter.

I have 3 questions though:

- Maybe it's just bad luck, but my RE almost never provide schematics. I've spent A LOT of materials for like 4-5 new schematics... Is it possible to improve the RE % chances to extract new schematics and if yes, how?

- My Armormech level is stuck at 60. I keep crafting, but it doesn't improve. Why is that?

- Before logging out, I always send Mako and my starship droid to Scavenging and Underworld Trading missions. Some missions cost more, some missions cost less in the same listing. What's the difference between the missions according to the price? Is it worth it to send a companion in a 500 credits instead of a 245 credits one?

Thanks a lot guys, for the original post and to the many replies!
1. Check out the RE guide sticky at top of crew skills form
2. when you craft, you can sort items by "difficulty". More difficult items will advance your crafting skill, less difficult items will not if the difficulty is too low.
3. More expensive missions yield more resources. Just before the mission cost, it should say "Moderate", "Abundant", or "Rich" Yield. This is relatively how much of the item you will bring home as compared to other missions.