Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another post about light-/darkside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Another post about light-/darkside

DarthBetaTester
01.02.2012 , 09:04 PM | #11
I've even made Dark Side choices since hitting max, which brought me back down, and then I would make another light side choice later on and it would bump me back up.

Hambunctious
01.02.2012 , 09:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBetaTester View Post
I've even made Dark Side choices since hitting max, which brought me back down, and then I would make another light side choice later on and it would bump me back up.

Then you are one of the few where this works. In fact, you're the first person in these forums I have seen who wasn't stuck.

Ramurdyne
01.02.2012 , 09:06 PM | #13
So what we need to find out if this is a bug because if it is than its going to be a big problem. Does anyone else know if the lightside darkside points cap and nothing will change it? or if you can farm lightside or darkside points up to any amount?

Hambunctious
01.02.2012 , 09:09 PM | #14
That's how it was for me in closed beta as well. I couldn't make the opposite points go away no matter how many light choices I made afterward.

I was told that's how it works back then, and you have to live with your choices.

Tronwoo
01.02.2012 , 09:17 PM | #15
I dont know whats going on, ive been light capped at 6750 with only 50 dark. My light side points havent moved in several weeks.

ManOfWarTR
01.02.2012 , 10:06 PM | #16
I've got 6900 dark side points and 50 light side points until now(I'm darkIV) I don't remember when did I choose a light side option on the conversation(probably on a stupid flashpoint) and now you guys say that I will never reach to darkV? Thıs is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

DarthBetaTester
01.02.2012 , 10:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
That's how it was for me in closed beta as well. I couldn't make the opposite points go away no matter how many light choices I made afterward.

I was told that's how it works back then, and you have to live with your choices.

I'm not a special snowflake, everyone who I have talked to about this in guild have had the same experience that I have. So I guess you are broken.

Gerdo
01.02.2012 , 10:16 PM | #18
oh my. this is going to be anoying when I hit 50 on my neutralish Jugernaut :P

Bleedbloo
01.02.2012 , 11:56 PM | #19
Whenever I reached 10,000 light side points, I still had around 60 dark side points. Whenever I received any more LS points, it subtracted that amount from my dark side total. Soon after I earned my "the pure" title from LS V.

So I do not know what is going on with anyone else, but I have been able to reach Light V and I have made DS choices.

Edit: it should be notes that my DS point total did not drop until I had 10,000 LS points
The only limits you have are the ones you place on yourself.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Avrose
01.03.2012 , 12:18 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleedbloo View Post
Whenever I reached 10,000 light side points, I still had around 60 dark side points. Whenever I received any more LS points, it subtracted that amount from my dark side total. Soon after I earned my "the pure" title from LS V.

So I do not know what is going on with anyone else, but I have been able to reach Light V and I have made DS choices.

Edit: it should be notes that my DS point total did not drop until I had 10,000 LS points
I expect you have to purge the remaining DS points with good deeds then which makes sense in my mind.
"Yes… and what are they without the Force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains?."
―Kreia