Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soloing Herioc Missions

MajorMack
01.02.2012 , 06:20 PM | #1
I'm playing solo right now, which means I have to skip the Heroic missions.

However, I assume that once I'm a few levels above a Heroic mission, I should be able to return to it and complete it solo. For example, "The Esseles" is a level 7-10 flashpoint that's Heroic 2+. I should be able to return to it once I'm level 15 or so and run it solo, right?
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. - Patton

TyrantTony
01.02.2012 , 06:26 PM | #2
Yes just bring the right companion and your set though the drops will be outleveld by the time you get them but if thats not a problem go for it.

bunnyhop
01.02.2012 , 06:35 PM | #3
With the right companion and good use of gearing/crowd control skills doing solo heroics is not difficult.

Virtus-Kerensky
01.02.2012 , 06:36 PM | #4
It's also no where near as fun as it is with a group but it's your choice.

Vodalus
01.02.2012 , 06:42 PM | #5
Another thing with soloing them: no social points. Esseles/Black Talon are the best sources of social points in the game, from what I've seen.

But, if you just can't get a group and want to experience it, then go for it. I had trouble finding a group for Trouble in Deed and Enemies of the Republic because I hit those areas in the wee hours of the morning for my server. I'll be going back to do them solo soon (since I figure most don't want a level 20+ facerolling it for them) because I can't stand leaving them in my quest log and just can't bring myself to abandon them.
I'm not a hater, I'm a disillusioned and disappointed fan.
"I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes searching around the preferences because I was sure a feature like this would not have been omitted."- A simple quote that I have seen countless times; This is what is wrong with TOR in my book.

MajorMack
01.02.2012 , 06:44 PM | #6
Cool, thanks.

Sounds like I'll have to ensure that I don't go too far above the intended level. May take a little time to find the 'sweet spot' of high enough above that I can solo it, but not too high that it's no challenge (or making the drops worthless).
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. - Patton

NattyBohMan
01.02.2012 , 06:52 PM | #7
Just curious. Does the number after the word Heroic mean the number of recommended players you should have or is it something else?

Thanks!!

BlackRifle
01.02.2012 , 06:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NattyBohMan View Post
Just curious. Does the number after the word Heroic mean the number of recommended players you should have or is it something else?

Thanks!!
The former.

Darthshnooky
01.03.2012 , 12:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorMack View Post
Cool, thanks.

Sounds like I'll have to ensure that I don't go too far above the intended level. May take a little time to find the 'sweet spot' of high enough above that I can solo it, but not too high that it's no challenge (or making the drops worthless).
Keep in mind that soloing a Heroic 2 will be significantly easier than a Heroic 4. Black Talon and Esselles are balanced for just 2 players, but all other Flashpoints are meant for four. You are going to have a harder time soloing them, and Heroic 4 missions out in the world can be really nasty.

Zanguar
01.03.2012 , 12:57 AM | #10
1 more thing - when you solo it on 15 lvl you won't get good xp or items, there is really no point in doing it on lvl 15+, it is ment for lvl 10-13
A: Screen shot or it didn't happen
B: No screen shot, it was a phone conversation...
A: ....screen shot or it didn't happen...