Curiously missing from Beta

Draperx

A successful Beta, in essence, is a trial of all the facets of an upcoming release. In order to ensure things run smoothly on "D-Day" or "H-Hour", the public is somewhat entrusted to trial a product and report on issues that exist.

Curiously, I don't remember any questoins regarding "this is how the early access is going to work, what do you forsee as positivrs and negatives of this".

Complaining about something without providing possible solutions in my opinion is as useful "breasts on a bull"

I believe the "staggered early access" is an effective way to release a product of this nature in order to prevent things like, massive ques, server crashing/overloading etc. However I do believe it was an excellent idea poorly implimented.

I believe the following would have resulted in much less hostility from the public:

1. Include within the bonus of early access the ability to reserve 1 character name per account on 1-2 servers

2. If access is going to be granted on a "per date ordered" system, the numbers are already known and as such, the minimum dates vs access can be posted all the way up to the current date. You should "stand by you emails to await access" is hardly an effective way of implementing this. People are always more hostile towards the unknown and if their date moves closer they will hardly complain.

I'm sure there are plenty more better ways to do this kind of release and i have a couple more ideas but those would be the primary ones.