Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary PvP

02.18.2012 , 12:55 AM | #21
I'm a gunslinger and on gunslinger forums people complain about the class sucking, always using mercs as a comparison since you're considered to be very good. So I go check out your forums and here people complain you can't play merc cause it sucks. I guess it's the same thing everywhere. People pick classes that don't fit them an start complaining that the class is worthless.

02.18.2012 , 02:42 AM | #22
i have a level 50 merc in full champion pvp gear... including pistols.. and im rolling a powertech as i type this lol.. im sick of chain interrupt spell lockouts + stun + spell interrupt = dead merc... i still cant believe we get ONE instant cast with our level 50 ability and pyro gets 15 seconds of 25% crit.. why dont we get 15 seconds or even 10 seconds of instant casts =D or read my post on making tracer instant cast........
FIX MERC PVP!!!! It is so obvious that they need serious work that could be easily done as well so there is no excuse! Its either intentionally being done or the devs are blind. give us a spammable heal please!!! CLICK HERE FOR 7 DAYS FREE

02.18.2012 , 03:27 AM | #23
Arsenal merc pvp from my xp goes like this...

10-49 You rock for the most part. Can almost go where you want and do what you want as long as you are still being somewhat smart about where you're placing yourself.

50 You start seeing a decline. You can still rock, but it takes a lot more effort. You have to be extra careful as to where you are and who is around you. You will need your team mates a lot more.

I pretty much lvl'd my merc through pvp. When I was in the 10-49 bracket I would sit around 250k-300k dps and could hold off single's coming at me while protecting a node solo. In the 50 bracket, I only adv 200k-250k dps and the only way I can defend a node solo is if it's single and the other player has no clue what they are doing. It's almost backward from what you would expect. You would figure that at lower lvls you would have a harder time dps'n and having to rely on your team, but it's at 50 where you start to feel that more.

I still enjoy playing my merc as arsenal, but I have to be way more team based then I was in 10-49. I also find myself gang ganked a lot more as well. Even if there are team mates around me. I also see a lot of team mates complain at the beginning of a match when they see a merc...

02.18.2012 , 05:00 AM | #24
i made a little post about how i feel with chain interrupts on arsenal mercs whos whole build is based on us casting one specific attack... watch me get flamed...

please if you have any ideas or anything that could be useful feel free to comment!
FIX MERC PVP!!!! It is so obvious that they need serious work that could be easily done as well so there is no excuse! Its either intentionally being done or the devs are blind. give us a spammable heal please!!! CLICK HERE FOR 7 DAYS FREE

02.18.2012 , 08:26 AM | #25
If you want to feel like a pvp god then re-roll as a level 26 it's worth it.

I have a valor level 63 Merc aresanal spec and love it....but I didn't start to appreciate it till I was in all champ gear.... and stacking crit/surge. I am regularly marked for death in hutball because I have annoyed the other team so much. A merc really shines in this map

I will tell you I have an levle 37 powertech alt as well and am loving the class.
65 Jugg, 65 PT, 65 Marauder, 65 Assassin

Guild= FoE "Fist of the Empire"
Join here

02.18.2012 , 08:53 AM | #26
I'm a powertech, and to me a gunslinger/sniper is a potential threat, and a commando/merc is pretty much a joke. Once a Gs/Sniper gets rolling you can't stop him, and they mitigate a lot of damage ( seems so anyway ) and hit pretty damn hard.

02.18.2012 , 09:56 AM | #27
Hi! I'm a R63 arsenal merc, when the opposing team sees me... I am sure they mark me and go all in to finish me because if they leave me alone I will punish them.

At level 50 I can report:

People do abuse our lack of mobility (the need to cast to keep constant pressure) and makes us less usable when the target/objective is moving.

People do interrupt our casts as often as they can.

People knows for the most part that stick 2 melees on a merc and you've rendered that player useless and in most cases a dead merc. (We have alot of premades and a high R60+ community here).

So in short, merc pvp.. arsenal or pyro both works.
Arsenal has high sustained dps and the heat system in conjunction with talents is more forgiving, but prone to interrupts and casting means less mobility.

Pyro has decent burst, more utility and are very mobile.

But a PT pyro has even more utility and mobility and can do some mean damage ontop of that.

Stop flooding my warzones, atleast MY side of the team with useless 12k hp mercs that just stands there when someone interrupts...

02.18.2012 , 10:45 AM | #28
Nobody suggested bodygaurd? My 50 merc does just fine in pvp, stand behind friends and heal.

I play a combo 22/0/19 spec that heals while using combustible gas cylinder and don't really see a problem. If you expect to be a "lone gunman" then you are going to die every time, the class isn't built for solo pvp. However, you are an amazing utility class that shines when working in tandem with any solid DPS class.

If the opposing team is good, stay in combustible cylinder and use your "1" to snare people that are attempting to escape your melee dps; then heal, cleanse etc.

If the team is bad, switch to support cylinder and pop supercharged gas to spam powershot to proc your insta rail.
The difference between madness and genius is measured in degrees of success.