Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Did you REALLY think you'll get in today if you didn't pre-order in July?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Did you REALLY think you'll get in today if you didn't pre-order in July?!?

Finiaren's Avatar


Finiaren
12.13.2011 , 09:43 PM | #11
No, but is it so terrible to hope?
"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding blasters than holding hands?" ~Ernest Gaines

I'm an LGBT supporter, and I am proud.

DSPD's Avatar


DSPD
12.13.2011 , 09:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by tarentson View Post
I dont understand your logic. People in July and people in December both payed the same amount. I dont think one should be favored over the other because in the end we are all paying the $15 per month and paying for the game itself. The big problem that people are having right now is that Bioware has the ability to add in a lot more players today and they are not. I have heard people that got in today complain about the lack of players! It is one thing if the people who did not get in complain(because they always will) but when they people ingame are complaining, there is an issue. Stopping at 1:30 pm is not a good idea. They have around 2 million players wanting to get in and play and they have the ability to do so and they are not. I dont mind waiting for my early game access but its a little ridiculous when servers arent even lagging and they stop inviting people. This launch is a failure in a different way. The servers are running smoothly but the customers are pissed off. In the end, a mmo depends on the playerbase. If a lot of people quit because of this, they could lose a lot of money.
Very well stated....but honestly, why try to rationalize with them.

Sierra-Six's Avatar


Sierra-Six
12.13.2011 , 09:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Solbeck View Post
I pre-ordered in July and didn't get in!

Honestly? I thought there would be a lot more people in today. I'm disappointed but I'm not raging on the forums or Twitter. I'm just happy to be a part of this experience period. I haven't felt this way about a video game in a long time.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Agreed with this. I'm really excited for this game, I can't remember the last time I felt this way about a VIDEO GAME, I mean the last tine I was this excited about this kinda thing was seeing Episode III at the midnight opening, now that was cool!

Kayoss's Avatar


Kayoss
12.13.2011 , 09:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by papawapa View Post
I'm actually surprised they got to July 26th/27th. I thought it might just all be day 1 pre-orders today considering "the spike."
this gives me hope for tomorrow, as I redeemed on August 22nd, maybe I get in tomorrow!

I was in a LOOONG WoW trade chat discussion with a fellow who was arguing that BW has botched this launch so badly, etc etc. He claimed they made false advertisements and didnt communicate clearly. I repeatedly showed him he was a bumbling idiot, but it was WoW, only the remedial exist in there these days......
"Eat lightsaber, jerk."

"I have an excellent sabacc face. That was a joke. I hate sabacc"

Vongrumps's Avatar


Vongrumps
12.13.2011 , 09:49 PM | #15
i pre-ordered aug 5th, but i got deployed before i got my early access key, and didnt get to put it in till nov. so im sure im royally screwed. alot of the whiners and fat jerks sitting around stuffing twinkies in their mouth would stop filling the server with crap if they would tell us what day we would start and time ahead of time...that way the population would know. im sure you would still have haters and spammers crying. just let me know, that way if its saturday then i dont have to check everyday.

Felgor's Avatar


Felgor
12.13.2011 , 09:49 PM | #16
Im August 2nd...

So i knew it was either a hit or miss...

I never got in today...

However, my sons account i entered on July 26th, which got in...

Lucaha's Avatar


Lucaha
12.13.2011 , 09:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Seriously people, STOP with the complaining about how it is Bioware/EA's fault because you waited to the last minute to pre-order and did not get in today.

You knew since San Diego Comic Con 2011 that the early access would be granted based on how early your pre-ordered. I do not know what you were thinking but it should have been assumed that at least, only the July pre-orders would be granted in for first day and so on....

It is nobody else fault but your own. Nobody forced you to pre-order late, you did that yourself and now you must wait for your name to be called.

This launch isn't a failure, Bioware did not lie [they actually extended EGA], its not EA's fault, and if you pre-ordered in October or later, then you should NOT be able to play at the same date as someone who did so in July when it was first announced.

Again, you all KNEW how this worked and yet you still complain.

Geez, I cannot wait to see how tomorrow goes....
Welllll.... I did pre-order in July... and I'm not in.... so... I guess there's that...

dohdoh's Avatar


dohdoh
12.13.2011 , 09:53 PM | #18
I'm on July 29th... so I'm hoping to get in tomorrow....

Kayoss's Avatar


Kayoss
12.13.2011 , 09:58 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tarentson View Post
I dont understand your logic. People in July and people in December both payed the same amount.
Bioware is making a distinction not in the amount both customers paid but on the date in which this identical amount was payed, and that is their right to do so. Your point carries no weight.

Quote:
I dont think one should be favored over the other
Bioware does. They wanted to incentivise and reward those who ordered earliest by giving them earliest access. Rewarding your most loyal and voracious followers is something a smart company does. How do you think it would feel if you were a July preorder rubbing elbows with some johnny-come-lately who preordered last week, today?

Quote:
because in the end we are all paying the $15 per month and paying for the game itself.
In the end, yes. But this isnt the end, its only the START of early access. The best fans are being let in first. Hell I cant be counted as a huge fan because I only preordered in August.

Quote:
The big problem that people are having right now is that Bioware has the ability to add in a lot more players today and they are not.
So what???? Its their call.

Quote:
I have heard people that got in today complain about the lack of players!
This is actually a valid complaint, but I would just point out that its also entirely possible that many people in right now are playing with friends or spouses, who arent having a hard time finding other players. There is that problem, but it will even out around.....oh I dunno.....tomorrow?

Quote:
It is one thing if the people who did not get in complain(because they always will) but when they people ingame are complaining, there is an issue. Stopping at 1:30 pm is not a good idea. They have around 2 million players wanting to get in and play and they have the ability to do so and they are not. I dont mind waiting for my early game access but its a little ridiculous when servers arent even lagging and they stop inviting people.
You want them to go to the point of server lag? Day one? Does that actually sound like a good idea to you??

Quote:
This launch is a failure in a different way. The servers are running smoothly but the customers are pissed off.
The customers being pissed off has nothing to do with a supposed "failure". The people who are pissed right now are impatient, whiny babies who want special privileges they havent earned.

Quote:
In the end, a mmo depends on the playerbase. If a lot of people quit because of this, they could lose a lot of money.
If a lot of players quit over this, theyre childish babies and BW is better off without them.
"Eat lightsaber, jerk."

"I have an excellent sabacc face. That was a joke. I hate sabacc"

CupieFoxtail's Avatar


CupieFoxtail
12.13.2011 , 09:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
It is nobody else fault but your own. Nobody forced you to pre-order late, you did that yourself and now you must wait for your name to be called.
Gamestop didn't give out codes until a couple weeks after I preordered, and even then I had to go back to the store multiple times to get a working code
So... yeah...
Sweeping generalizations make you look like a jerk