Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did you REALLY think you'll get in today if you didn't pre-order in July?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Did you REALLY think you'll get in today if you didn't pre-order in July?!?

Majestic_Jazz
12.13.2011 , 09:00 PM | #1
Seriously people, STOP with the complaining about how it is Bioware/EA's fault because you waited to the last minute to pre-order and did not get in today.

You knew since San Diego Comic Con 2011 that the early access would be granted based on how early your pre-ordered. I do not know what you were thinking but it should have been assumed that at least, only the July pre-orders would be granted in for first day and so on....

It is nobody else fault but your own. Nobody forced you to pre-order late, you did that yourself and now you must wait for your name to be called.

This launch isn't a failure, Bioware did not lie [they actually extended EGA], its not EA's fault, and if you pre-ordered in October or later, then you should NOT be able to play at the same date as someone who did so in July when it was first announced.

Again, you all KNEW how this worked and yet you still complain.

Geez, I cannot wait to see how tomorrow goes....
Want to enjoy a unique Star Wars story experience?

What are you waiting for? A galaxy awaits your arrival...

Liberate
12.13.2011 , 09:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Seriously people, STOP with the complaining about how it is Bioware/EA's fault because you waited to the last minute to pre-order and did not get in today.

You knew since San Diego Comic Con 2011 that the early access would be granted based on how early your pre-ordered. I do not know what you were thinking but it should have been assumed that at least, only the July pre-orders would be granted in for first day and so on....

It is nobody else fault but your own. Nobody forced you to pre-order late, you did that yourself and now you must wait for your name to be called.

This launch isn't a failure, Bioware did not lie [they actually extended EGA], its not EA's fault, and if you pre-ordered in October or later, then you should NOT be able to play at the same date as someone who did so in July when it was first announced.

Sigh you don't even know the right issue so STOP. The issue is they could put more people on as the servers are all light population but they stopped @ 2 et and won't start inviting more till 8am cst
Liberate

Majestic_Jazz
12.13.2011 , 09:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
Sigh you don't even know the right issue so STOP. The issue is they could put more people on as the servers are all light population but they stopped @ 2 et and won't start inviting more till 8am cst
And?

I am pretty sure they have vaild reasons that we do not know of. I mean seriously, they are a company but that does not mean that they have to divulge EVERY detail that they know of to us.

I mean it isn't that serious. I can understand if we were getting to play the game 3 weeks earlier than everyone else, but it is just one day........... ONE DAY! I am sure the world will not end because of this.

papawapa
12.13.2011 , 09:08 PM | #4
I'm actually surprised they got to July 26th/27th. I thought it might just all be day 1 pre-orders today considering "the spike."

Liberate
12.13.2011 , 09:08 PM | #5
And?

I am pretty sure they have vaild reasons that we do not know of. I mean seriously, they are a company but that does not mean that they have to divulge EVERY detail that they know of to us.

I mean it isn't that serious. I can understand if we were getting to play the game 3 weeks earlier than everyone else, but it is just one day........... ONE DAY! I am sure the world will not end because of this.
Facts are facts, people playing are saying the areas are desolate. The status page lists the servers as low/medium, and thats because bioware CAPPED the populations lower than usual for server limits.

We had MORE people playing during the stress TEST with zero issues, and now they think it's ok to throw this low # of players into day one.

That is the issue, I KNOW I have to wait(august 7 order) but mercy gracious they're taking this wave thing and dropping the ball
Liberate

Solbeck
12.13.2011 , 09:10 PM | #6
I pre-ordered in July and didn't get in!

Honestly? I thought there would be a lot more people in today. I'm disappointed but I'm not raging on the forums or Twitter. I'm just happy to be a part of this experience period. I haven't felt this way about a video game in a long time.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Majestic_Jazz
12.13.2011 , 09:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Solbeck View Post
I pre-ordered in July and didn't get in!

Honestly? I thought there would be a lot more people in today. I'm disappointed but I'm not raging on the forums or Twitter. I'm just happy to be a part of this experience period. I haven't felt this way about a video game in a long time.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
I really appreciate your attitude, and I am not even a Bioware employee.

Yes, the world [Ord Mantell] did seem to be empty. In the beta, there were normally like ~230 players on the planet. Today, there were ~90 people as of 9PM EST. I am sure by Thursday, things would be a bit leveled.

Even if I did not get in, I would still be excited that I am this close to playing. I've been here since October 2008, when the game was first announced. I waited 3 hard years and I wouldn't complain if I had to wait a few more days. There is still other games to play or life activities that one can do to pass off time.

It isn't that serious.....

tarentson
12.13.2011 , 09:33 PM | #8

I dont understand your logic. People in July and people in December both payed the same amount. I dont think one should be favored over the other because in the end we are all paying the $15 per month and paying for the game itself. The big problem that people are having right now is that Bioware has the ability to add in a lot more players today and they are not. I have heard people that got in today complain about the lack of players! It is one thing if the people who did not get in complain(because they always will) but when they people ingame are complaining, there is an issue. Stopping at 1:30 pm is not a good idea. They have around 2 million players wanting to get in and play and they have the ability to do so and they are not. I dont mind waiting for my early game access but its a little ridiculous when servers arent even lagging and they stop inviting people. This launch is a failure in a different way. The servers are running smoothly but the customers are pissed off. In the end, a mmo depends on the playerbase. If a lot of people quit because of this, they could lose a lot of money.

medicineman
12.13.2011 , 09:34 PM | #9
I preorderd in July and I didnt get in.
CE VIP
9/29/11 - Never Forget

Alexsir
12.13.2011 , 09:42 PM | #10
I played a little today near the end of the afternoon and Korriban was totally barren. There's a population counter on each planets at the top left of the screen right above the chat box and at the peek I witnessed we were 89.

Dunno what happened there

edit: I'm on Daragon Trail, PVP WEST which is still Light, but most servers are already standard population, which I would guess would be the equivalent of medium
Squadron 11.11.11