Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

Screaming_Ziva
01.04.2012 , 09:18 AM | #931
Quote: Originally Posted by Crimm View Post
No. You need to read more closely. They used an exploit to make the chests respawn faster, and were camping it for a ridiculous amount of time. On a planet that they were severely underleveled for. They weren't banned, just warned and/or suspended.
I'm still not quite sure what this has to do with low leveled players. It's ok for higher level players to camp chests but not ok for lower level players to do so? Why were low level players even needed for this?

NinaV
01.04.2012 , 09:19 AM | #932
Quote: Originally Posted by Rattius View Post
The RMT decision is what it is. I don't think anyone disagrees with this decision.

Based on the above statement by Mr. Reid, the credit farmers were clearly capitalizing on an exploit which is a violation of Bioware's terms of use. Anyone arguing against Bioware's actions with regard to the farmers is either one of the exploiting farmers or is a would-be exploiting farmer.

This was posted on page 5. I cannot begin to guess what is left to discuss that could fill the next 47 pages of comments. lol

Just /thread already.
That isn't an argument to ban, suspend or warn people. The HOW might be reasons for such actions, but stated as is would it be like punishing someone for polluting the air with their breathing. Being a part of the economy does influence it and does in small ways "unbalance" it.

Normal? Absurd! Bioware got to consider their mechanics and create the results they want, don't expect people to not try to get ahead.
I am also known as Vilje in AoC, Crysantimum in AO.

Holden_Dissent
01.04.2012 , 09:21 AM | #933
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I'm still not quite sure what this has to do with low leveled players. It's ok for higher level players to camp chests but not ok for lower level players to do so? Why were low level players even needed for this?
Ask the gold farmers that question.

Crimm
01.04.2012 , 09:26 AM | #934
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
If I had to guess, it wasn't that they were needed. It's just that they thought, at a low level, "how can I make a lot of money more easily?" And then a bunch of them got together and worked their way to a chest, and exploited and camped. It's not that they were needed, I'd think. It's just that they were the ones who decided to do it.
It's spelled "queue," people! QUEUE! "Que" is "What" in spanish! They are not putting us in a What! They are putting us in a queue!

Their opinion is different from ours? THEY MUST BE TROLLS.

Gryn
01.04.2012 , 09:30 AM | #935
BioWare designed this game... and apparently not one of the developers could see where looting these chest could be exploited.

Look... im not a game developer but even i could have told you guys this...

they did sloppy work and now players are being punished for it. much like the extensive list of warzone exploits. i mean... really? they didnt see a problem with being able to make characters of different factions on the same server? ...this being an exploit never once crossed their minds?
VexX Gaming United

Crimm
01.04.2012 , 09:40 AM | #936
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryn View Post
i mean... really? they didnt see a problem with being able to make characters of different factions on the same server? ...this being an exploit never once crossed their minds?
Mmmm no. That was actually discussed a LOT by the players with the devs, particularly during testing. The general consensus was, only people whose whole lives revolved around an MMO would do that, and even if they did, it wouldn't really be an issue. Because they'd "spy?" It just wouldn't be worth it. Besides, you'd then be punishing the people who wouldn't even dream of somehow using their different-factioned characters to "spy," and they just want all their characters on the same server so they can play the story without jumping from server to server every time. And if I understand correctly, the Legacy system only applies to the characters on that specific server. So yes, I want to be able to make all my characters on one server if possible, regardless of their faction.

But, this is going to get off topic so, back ON topic, I'm sure it crossed their minds and they've done some things (really, a lot of mobs are practically right in front of the chests so even if you stealth to the chest, once you decloak and open it, you're in for a fight). They just didn't see this particular event happening. Now they'll take care of it.

People also seem to be forgetting that it wasn't just the fact that they were camping some chests. It's that they were using an exploit as well to cause the chests to respawn faster.
It's spelled "queue," people! QUEUE! "Que" is "What" in spanish! They are not putting us in a What! They are putting us in a queue!

Their opinion is different from ours? THEY MUST BE TROLLS.

NinaV
01.04.2012 , 09:41 AM | #937
Quote: Originally Posted by rhirne View Post
NOBODY WAS BANNED FOR CHEST LOOTING.... QUIT SAYING THAT

People were either WARNED or TEMP SUSPENDED. Again to quote:

What are people not understanding????

Were there some false positives - YES - no one is arguing that... but quit trying to say people are getting banned for sitting at a chest and looting it all day.
What people are not understanding is why so many assumes, not reads, but assumes that Reid writes something about not being suspended and warned for looting chests.

You might know something beyond what OP writes, but how are the mere player and forum-poster to know about such secondary information?

They did a "press-release" through the OP. It caused more questions than it solved.They should do better.

This is not about being "fanboy/girl" or not. It is in the interest of everyone, fan or not, that they handle things better, or at least so people understand what they talk about, no matter minimal reading comprehension.

Accept it, this is an international community and then look at countries like USA that doesn't even manage to get all citizens to speak and write (US)english, not to forget understanding economy, even among those working in the banks.

In fact would I say it is more in the favour of strongly aligned fans that they should object to what their targets of fandom does not handle well.

Idolization, on the other hand, might be less healthy, but how do we distinguish between hopes, faith and fanaticism?

I'd like to point out that for every one posting here is it many active forum-members that doesn't, and in general can we expect that around 10% of the community being active on the forums, at best. That gives active forum-members unproportional influence, both towards Bioware, but also over the impression the players that isn't active on the forums get from Bioware efforts.

Bioware should be aware of it and do better.

/cc greymane
I am also known as Vilje in AoC, Crysantimum in AO.

Kourage
01.04.2012 , 09:50 AM | #938
Cheaters got pwnt son
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Jackbeaureg
01.04.2012 , 10:09 AM | #939
Quote: Originally Posted by Crimm View Post
No. You need to read more closely. They used an exploit to make the chests respawn faster, and were camping it for a ridiculous amount of time. On a planet that they were severely underleveled for. They weren't banned, just warned and/or suspended.
I got an account warning for collecting Lockboxes. I did that for about 6 hrs over the course of a week when my character was in her 30's. I was not camping nor exploiting anything.
I was just driving around collecting boxes.
I got the warning for collecting high level stuff on a low level account. Thats all.

DarkSeverance
01.04.2012 , 10:12 AM | #940
Quote: Originally Posted by Backpage View Post
So make the containers level acessible... Example: Level 40 + Can open them.

/eyeroll.
It is funny when people say this. I don't believe they have any idea how much programming needs to be done. It isn't simply typing a line of code.