Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

Jordan_Hoffman
01.02.2012 , 01:13 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post

well I have to say, customer support on the forums(only on the forums though) is far better then most games Ive played. And would have left us hanging arguing about this till the cows come home( i don't own any cows). This clears this up for me and I hope others.

Don't be a troll. Ive been posting like this regardless of the subject since i signed up. =P

All most posts have been very very colorful. It might not help get the point across but it does help to get noticed. =P
I am going to start telling people in real life that they are trolls when they are honest. Going to see the reaction, cant wait.
Live life quick...

Fanyen
01.02.2012 , 01:15 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
There is nothing wrong about collecting money, farming chests, or playing the AH. It is perfectly fine in most MMOs to collect as much money as you want. Now if you are hacking accounts to sell/trade those items and are selling gold for real life transactions, that is different.

If I collect 100 million credits by sitting at a chest spawn all day, am I breaking a rule? If I sell items from those chests or items from world bosses, am I breaking a rule? If I even trade that money to those in my guild, am I breaking a rule?

BioWare cannot prove that I work for an RMT company, and as such, will suspend or ban players who choose to spend their free time sitting at spawn points for chests and collecting the items inside. As for Ilum, does anything change if I am a level 50 and farming those chests? If so, those accounts should have never been suspended in the first place. If not, BioWare needs to add a rule that is clear to everyone, you do not sit and farm chests in this game.
Please quote me the part of the post that says you can not sit in 1 spot and repeatedly loot a chest.

Here's a tip to save you some time: You won't be able to, because that's not what was happening.

These people were EXPLOITING to loot a massive amount of chests in short periods of time. Please bring your faux outrage to some other forums, the people who are actually interested in seeing this game succeed are getting tired of it.

engrey
01.02.2012 , 01:16 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Baizak View Post
LOL! All the gold farmers are in an uproar. Let's face it folks, the people banned or warned were the bad guys. They put their hand in the cookie jar one too many times and got caught. If you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. What is so hard to understand.
There is a big difference between "gold farming" and selling. It has never been against a rule of an MMO to sit and gain as many credits as you can. You want to find all the chests and loot them? Go ahead. If you want to play the AH and buy low and sell high, go for it. Yet it is clearly obvious that in TOR, if you choose to play the game and farm chests and other NPCs, that you will get suspended.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fanyen View Post
Please quote me the part of the post that says you can not sit in 1 spot and repeatedly loot a chest.

Here's a tip to save you some time: You won't be able to, because that's not what was happening.

These people were EXPLOITING to loot a massive amount of chests in short periods of time. Please bring your faux outrage to some other forums, the people who are actually interested in seeing this game succeed are getting tired of it.
Unless some bug was in place that made the chests appear right away, there was no exploit. Those that went to Illum at a low level could have gone at level 50 and still got the same chests with the same loot tables.

Exploits are a problem that BioWare needs to fix, but people should never get suspended the first time for doing them. It is the fault of the developer that these issues are not fixed. Exploits and hacking are very different, one is manipulating the game code, the other is finding a loophole within it.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Misqual
01.02.2012 , 01:16 PM | #64
I spend hours upon hours of my game time running around opening splicing boxes and grabbing arch nodes. At lvl 48 and being a stealth class i can bypass most mobs. Even if you dont exploit but just mass harvest nodes you get banned and warned. So that means the GM's are tying to controle the market in a bad way instead of comming with a way to make the market work by balancing it all they go and ban people for thier mistakes.

This shows you the mindset of the gm's and it doesnt look good for the future if they keep this up. Many games where the gm's use this kind of solution you see major loss of subscription's cause people will just go play something else if it happends to them.

RMT should ofcourse be fought and banned but not Joe Blow who likes to make ingame credits and play the market and such.

This is a big FAIL from BW's side and they should get thier act togetter.

Merrinset
01.02.2012 , 01:19 PM | #65
I *LOVE* selective reading. Makes it so easy to pick out the sheep when they start herding together to try and make something sound completely different than what was stated. This. Thread. Delivers.

DerelictHat
01.02.2012 , 01:19 PM | #66
Thank your deity of choice that Bioware is actually taking steps to try to preserve a fair game for everyone.

Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 01:19 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
Think about what you are agree too. they are saying you cant stand in a area for long term and kill mobs, clearing it so you can loot a chest.
This is the opposite of what they said. Work on reading.

Evtrai
01.02.2012 , 01:19 PM | #68
Just add a mob around the slicing node, so people way lower level than intented can't slice it, problem solved.

CoreyRadioQueer
01.02.2012 , 01:20 PM | #69
This is a giant mistake MMO's try to do. STOP TRYING TO LIMIT YOUR PLAYERS. There's nothing you can do to balance ANYTHING. Stop trying, the game will eventually balance itself out the best it can. If the economy is out in a game for a period of time, it will take that period of time for it to balance itself again, you can't control players and people, and especially ban them. You have BORDERLINE players who aren't quite sure whether they want to play or not yet, and giving out stupid bans like this, is like pushing them back onto the other side of the fence.
Grand Master Zym
Armada - Level 23 Marauder of Vanguard
Ryorg - Level 5 Bounty Hunter of Vanguard

Misqual
01.02.2012 , 01:20 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Evtrai View Post
Just add a mob around the slicing node, so people way lower level than intented can't slice it, problem solved.
That dont work if you can cc a mob without going in combat such as any stealth class can do.