Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

humpacactus
01.03.2012 , 12:21 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Nowhere here, nor in the OP, nor in any other post given by any dev did it mention that 7 hours one day was the reason they suspended an account.

I think many of us can say we spend an entire day farming. If so, guess what? That falls under "normal gameplay"!

What does that mean? Those that spent several days, 7 hours a day (which is NOT normal gameplay) were probably questioned.

And you know what? KUDOS!! It's about freaking time a developer took positive action to help control an ingame economy. Way overdue, actually.

GOOD JOB, BIOWARE!
*Sigh

Leggomy
01.03.2012 , 12:22 AM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by humpacactus View Post
People don't understand it because the game was designed that way by Bioware (and they should take full responsibility and fix the problem without temporarily banning paying costumers).

This isn't even a problem for me or anyone I know playing the game. Although I surely sympathize with them and would hate to be suspended for something Bioware designed, implemented, and tested (or clearly didn't find testing).
How many times do people have to be told that just because there is a bug doesnt mean you get to exploit the bug until its fixed? Also again NOONE was banned for this only people selling credits for rl money were banned. READ!

monegames
01.03.2012 , 12:23 AM | #523
Actually, the people exercising what he described were not banned or suspended.

And it's sad that people can't understand that.
where was it said that they were not just farming the chest spawns and were exploiting the zone mechanics?

I still have not seen a response about it other than to say that they were not using "normal gameplay" which is very vague. since what some consider "normal gameplay"(farming for hours) and what others consider it are completely different.

I would really like to know what the devs consider "normal gameplay" or at least what the people were doing that was not "normal gameplay".

humpacactus
01.03.2012 , 12:24 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
How many times do people have to be told that just because there is a bug doesnt mean you get to exploit the bug until its fixed? Also again NOONE was banned for this only people selling credits for rl money were banned. READ!
It's not an obvious bug - thats the key difference.

Duping items or currency somehow is an obvious bug. Botting is an obvious exploit. Both clearly bannable offenses.

Looting and collecting items, waiting for the respawn, and selling them to npcs is not an obvious bug and doesn't warrant a temporary ban.

Schwerpunkt
01.03.2012 , 12:24 AM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
So if your skill in slicing brings you to Ilum but your lvl isn't 40+ you get suspended ? Seems very unfair.

if this is not the case please correct me.
What does a players skill in slicing have to do with camping and farming the storage containers that anyone can open by simply clicking on them?
CE Player In the ongoing battle between Good and Evil, Evil has more fun.

JeramieCrowe
01.03.2012 , 12:25 AM | #526
*Sigh
Okay, you show me where your, and a few others' claims, were stated by SR?

Apparently, this needs to be quoted again:

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh
Think about what you are agree too. they are saying you cant stand in a area for long term and kill mobs, clearing it so you can loot a chest. I'm not sure how this breaks any rules. They have worked for it, they killed the mobs, the earned the chest. Its not a quest item or mob. they are not hurting anyone else.

If that is the case, when you get a quest to kill 50 mobs in a single area they by rights are allowing you to break the rules temporarily? SO if there are only 3 camps that spawn said mobs and you hang out there for pre-set period of time I should expect a suspension or ban?

If they don't want me on a planet at level 10, then level lock the planet. problem solved.

I don't see how a level 30 is going to clear a level 50 area. So if a level 50 agrees to help the 30 clear it and get loot, again, if that isn't allowed why have guilds or groups. You cant solo black talon at 10, so if you go in there with a group of people you still haven't earned that loot, you didn't solo it.

if you want people to solo content, maybe a MMO isn't such a good idea?
I'd like to draw your attention to this part of the statement again:

Quote:
... they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.
The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.
Read it through a few times, carefully. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Read it again. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Shall we do it again? Let me know if you don't get it yet...
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

monegames
01.03.2012 , 12:26 AM | #527
Okay, you show me where your, and a few others' claims, were stated by SR?

Apparently, this needs to be quoted again:

Read it through a few times, carefully. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Read it again. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Shall we do it again? Let me know if you don't get it yet...
so again i say why is farming for more than a bit causing ACTION TO BE TAKEN?

Leggomy
01.03.2012 , 12:27 AM | #528
It's not an obvious bug - thats the key difference.

Duping items or currency somehow is an obvious bug. Botting is an obvious exploit. Both clearly bannable offenses.

Looting and collecting items, waiting for the respawn, and selling them to npcs is not an obvious bug and doesn't warrant a temporary ban.
Looting it 24/7 so noone else can DOES. Man are you really this dense?

humpacactus
01.03.2012 , 12:27 AM | #529
Then you obviously just came to that conclusion yourself now which is clear from the post I made quoting you above.

We specifically debated about what normal game time is and why or why not it warrants a ban. Have you forgotten already?

humpacactus
01.03.2012 , 12:28 AM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Looting it 24/7 so noone else can DOES. Man are you really this dense?
So no one else can? You make no sense whatsoever. Obviously they have to sell the items to get the currency. They might be able to camp it a lot but you should'nt be banned or temporarily banned for camping resources.

Are you so dense to not understand that players can camp resources in MMO's and thats ok?