Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

JeramieCrowe
01.03.2012 , 12:17 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by monegames View Post
no it wouldnt be the end of the world just the end of my sub to the game.

I think that the people involved were exploiting using the zone flipping method. i would just like a response from Bioware stating that that was the case.

if they were not exploiting the zone mechanics to get chests to respawn faster then i think temp ban/warnings were not a reasonable way to go about fixing the problem. since most people that play this game do not read the forums and can just randomly go to ilum and do the same thing without knowing that it could result in a suspensioin.
Again, people going to Ilum to slice and farm some loot containers, as SR has already stated, were considered 'NORMAL GAMEPLAY' and were not suspended.

This seems to be an exercise of most people here blowing things way out of proportion.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Leggomy
01.03.2012 , 12:18 AM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
It's an MMO. It has an ingame economy via the AH. A level 1 character with 100 gold in WoW can eventually make 34827598279q47967359737298 gold simply due to the AH. It is the same in SWTOR, except in SWTOR the level 1 can be banned apparently. It's just wrong.

I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to do what they want, and you're using Skyrim (a single player game lol) as an example? So you're saying SWTOR, an MMO, should follow the path of a single player game?
You should not be allowed to do whatever you want. No matter where you go there are rules about behavior. Just play the game normally and you have nothing to worry about. Almost sounds to me like you guys just heard of this exploit and are wanting to make money using it. If you just sell stuff you find on the AH you will be fine. If you go to ilum and just loot a couple containers you also are fine. If you sit and camp the chest 24/7 with a character 30 levels below the area's range then yu might get banned. I dont understand how people can not understand this.

humpacactus
01.03.2012 , 12:18 AM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Again, people going to Ilum to slice and farm some loot containers, as SR has already stated, were considered 'NORMAL GAMEPLAY' and were not suspended.

This seems to be an exercise of most people here blowing things way out of proportion.
Do I really need to bring up the whole "normal game time" debate you tried to unleash a few pages back? Your changing your story left and right. Sheesh....

JeramieCrowe
01.03.2012 , 12:18 AM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by humpacactus View Post
You 100% got it and its sad that other people cant understand that.

That part of the bannings/suspenions (not the gold selling obviously) is Biowares fault and they should fix it without attacking their paying customers.
Actually, the people exercising what he described were not banned or suspended.

And it's sad that people can't understand that.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Cranberries
01.03.2012 , 12:19 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
You should not be allowed to do whatever you want. No matter where you go there are rules about behavior. Just play the game normally and you have nothing to worry about. Almost sounds to me like you guys just heard of this exploit and are wanting to make money using it. If you just sell stuff you find on the AH you will be fine. If you go to ilum and just loot a couple containers you also are fine. If you sit and camp the chest 24/7 with a character 30 levels below the area's range then yu might get banned. I dont understand how people can not understand this.
Why should you be banned for camping something? What's the difference between a level 30 camping it and a level 50 camping it?

JeramieCrowe
01.03.2012 , 12:19 AM | #516
Do I really need to bring up the whole "normal game time" debate you tried to unleash a few pages back? Your changing your story left and right. Sheesh....
No, I'm not. You're just not grasping the actual situation here, I think.

Leggomy
01.03.2012 , 12:20 AM | #517
You 100% got it and its sad that other people cant understand that.

That part of the bannings/suspenions (not the gold selling obviously) is Biowares fault and they should fix it without attacking their paying customers.
How sad is it you didnt even read what you are talking about. Noone was banned other than gold sellers who were banned permanently.

JeramieCrowe
01.03.2012 , 12:20 AM | #518
Why should you be banned for camping something? What's the difference between a level 30 camping it and a level 50 camping it?
No one's been banned for camping something.

humpacactus
01.03.2012 , 12:20 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
People don't understand it because the game was designed that way by Bioware (and they should take full responsibility and fix the problem without temporarily banning paying costumers).

This isn't even a problem for me or anyone I know playing the game. Although I surely sympathize with them and would hate to be suspended for something Bioware designed, implemented, and tested (or clearly didn't find testing).

Leggomy
01.03.2012 , 12:21 AM | #520
The level 50 loot in the container. Thats the difference. Its loot you shouldnt have access to. I am sure they will fix it soon so it cannot be done anymore. In the meantime people have been warned so if you want to get banned go ahead and exploit this bug before they can fix it.