Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

HellfireMS's Avatar


HellfireMS
01.02.2012 , 11:46 PM | #481
Bravo to you and your team Mr. Reid, Bravo!

Liokae's Avatar


Liokae
01.02.2012 , 11:47 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
That's a laugh. Work harder? Really? Sitting in your haunches waiting for a respawn is "working harder"?

Surely you jest...
If they were sitting and waiting on a respawn, they weren't suspended. They said directly, early on in this thread, that camping a spawn is within their definition of normal gameplay.

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
01.02.2012 , 11:48 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by humpacactus View Post
Have you never played another MMO in your life?

Seriously there is little to no logic behind your comments and I'm not trying to be rude either.
I've played MMOs since the late 90's. Your point?

Economics is economics. Except in a virtual world where the developer is literally "god", it can be controlled, if they have the guts.

In fact, Georg Zoeller came out and admitted that, heck yes, developers are the "gods" of their game.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
01.02.2012 , 11:50 PM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
If you spend 24 hours a day idling in the Imperial Fleet you are just idling. If I spend 24 hours a day farming Ilum for chests I am spending 24 hours a day farming Ilum for chests. We have played the same amount, I however have done more than you.


If it's so "easy" you should do it then. Hell, everyone should do it because it's "easy" and thus everyone is on equal footing, right? Wait that argument doesn't work because people are lazy. Anyone, effectively, in WoW can play the AH and earn 100,000 gold a day. Only a handful of people do it though.
No, that argument doesn't work because the vast majority of people would rather, y'know, PLAY THE DAMNED GAME than mindlessly farm.

Playing your storyline or sitting on Ilum at level 20 farming. Gee, I wonder which activity BioWare designed the player to do? Hmmm..
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

humpacactus's Avatar


humpacactus
01.02.2012 , 11:51 PM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I've played MMOs since the late 90's. Your point?

Economics is economics. Except in a virtual world where the developer is literally "god", it can be controlled, if they have the guts.

In fact, Georg Zoeller came out and admitted that, heck yes, developers are the "gods" of their game.
If they aren't duping or botting than it doesn't matter what they do. If you pay and want to collect items for 24 hours a day, everyday, thats completely within your right.

You could also play 24 hours a day, everyday, and do absolutely nothing. Still more than reasonable and thats essentially what an MMORPG is (and makes me question if you've really played them in the past).

If it was for duping/botting than I agree 100% they should be banned. However, it doesn't seem like this was the case.

Nimithril's Avatar


Nimithril
01.02.2012 , 11:52 PM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post

I swear to god if ANY of you defend this...
What, you will shake your tiny fist in impotent rage?
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAbominor View Post
And finally, sitting through this video is like watching a 6 year old bash his own head in with a frying pan.. just not as entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by nvoid View Post
That's my new facebook status: Shut up the f$$%$% mouth!

chizhik's Avatar


chizhik
01.02.2012 , 11:52 PM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by Liokae View Post
In this case, too much = colluding with the opposite faction to respawn things on demand as soon as they've been looted/collected.
Re-read the OP. They did two things:

1. Banned accounts selling credits for RL currency. Fair enough, and well done.

2. Issued warnings or temporary suspensions to players who were "systematically and repeatedly" farming containers in Ilum, with clarification that farming there even as a low level character is fine, as long as it is not "excessive".

I see nothing about zone flipping or colluding. If it were the case, I'd agree with the actions taken.

Cranberries's Avatar


Cranberries
01.02.2012 , 11:52 PM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
No, that argument doesn't work because the vast majority of people would rather, y'know, PLAY THE DAMNED GAME than mindlessly farm.

Playing your storyline or sitting on Ilum at level 20 farming. Gee, I wonder which BioWar designed the player to do? Hmmm..
So a player can't do what they want in a game? Are we really saying in an MMO players are confined to do, essentially, what a single player game would make you do? Are we really suggesting that in 2012, MMOs are now forcing their players to do "what the game wants" rather than "what the player wants?" I weep for Minecraft then, because if Minecraft follows suit you'll only be allowed to make a house with bricks, and you wont be allowed to grow flowers at the risk of insulting a lazy gamer.

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
01.02.2012 , 11:53 PM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by humpacactus View Post
If they aren't duping or botting than it doesn't matter what they do. If you pay and want to collect items for 24 hours a day, everyday, thats completely within your right.

You could also play 24 hours a day, everyday, and do absolutely nothing. Still more than reasonable and thats essentially what an MMORPG is (and makes me question if you've really played them in the past).

If it was for duping/botting than I agree 100% they should be banned. However, it doesn't seem like this was the case.
No, I completely think that higher level loot and items should be level restricted.

Because when you trust the community to use their heads and not gimp the economy, you get the current crisis.

So, it needs to be forced by way of mechanics. However, until that happens, the current solution is agreeable.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

humpacactus's Avatar


humpacactus
01.02.2012 , 11:54 PM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by chizhik View Post
Re-read the OP. They did two things:

1. Banned accounts selling credits for RL currency. Fair enough, and well done.

2. Issued warning or temporary suspensions to players who were "systematically and repeatedly" farming containers in Ilum, with clarification that farming there even as a low level character is fine, as long as it is not "excessive".

I see nothing about zone flipping or colluding. If it were the case, I'd agree with actions taken.
Topic 1 is obviously a good and reasonable ban.

I think its clear most people are very concerned about the bannings regarding topic 2 and for good reason.