Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

jedikalinis
01.02.2012 , 09:15 PM | #401
The people who were banned werent just doing normal game things. They were cheating the game and its economy.

when people do that they make the game harder for those of us that follow the rules that dont go around exploting every bug in game to our advantage

Cheaters deserve to be punished. All they ever do is harm an in game economy and to defend them is beyond me

What hey are doing forces the whole economy to become unbalanced and in some cases make it so those of us that dont cheat end up not being able to even use the economy

I have seen this in wow where because of gold farmes the price of simple green items goes from 5 gold to 1000 gold.

Believe me cheaters only hurt the game u play and deserver to be banned.

Radiatonia
01.02.2012 , 09:20 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by jedikalinis View Post
The people who were banned werent just doing normal game things. They were cheating the game and its economy.

when people do that they make the game harder for those of us that follow the rules that dont go around exploting every bug in game to our advantage

Cheaters deserve to be punished. All they ever do is harm an in game economy and to defend them is beyond me

What hey are doing forces the whole economy to become unbalanced and in some cases make it so those of us that dont cheat end up not being able to even use the economy

I have seen this in wow where because of gold farmes the price of simple green items goes from 5 gold to 1000 gold.

Believe me cheaters only hurt the game u play and deserver to be banned.

It's no use. Some people see that Bioware did something, and instantly go "Action on Bioware's part? They must be WRONG!".

And no amount of pointing to the first page, and quoting the document Bioware itself posted will convince them to actually read it and use critical thinking skills. This topic wouldn't have people coming in here and posting to say that Bioware is evil and banning "the common player" 43 pages later if the majority of the posters actually bothered to read the first post.

Half of the people in this topic can't even seem to read through the document long enough to realize just who got what type of ban or warning before going "OMG WHY U HATE NORMAL PLAYERS BIOWARE!?".

Esqell
01.02.2012 , 09:24 PM | #403
I say... place some high level mobs in areas you don't want low level newbies to exploit stuff

Angusart
01.02.2012 , 09:28 PM | #404
Also they were not just looting or camping the loot boxes, they were exploiting the game mechanics to flip the planet's faction very quickly back an forth so all the chests would respawn every flip.

Beaver
01.02.2012 , 09:37 PM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
BioWare should then level restrict every single planet to the range it says. Why would a level 50 want to go back to any low level planet? They have no business there. The argument is weak at best and goes against what BioWare has advertised as flying around the galaxy at will.
Because we want to go get datacrons we didn't get yet and help friends with their heroics?
My lightsaber is bigger than yours!

Zones
01.02.2012 , 09:50 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
That really is the big problem here. They are saying it is ok to sell loot...just not too much. That leaves the player completely in the dark as to if they are doing something wrong or not.
It's posts like this that make it hard to control my temper. You are describing normal player activities, and then trying to fit it into the description of exploitative activities. IT DOESN'T WORK!

People were banned for exploiting, no MMO company is going to tell you in great detail why they actioned peoples accounts and describe step by step what exploit they used to you.

You're acting like Bioware was wrong in removing gold buyers and people who exploited. Stop throwing a tantrum because people got banned for abusing the game.

powatwooopa
01.02.2012 , 09:54 PM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
Agree. Playing the AH and participating in the economy is a popular metagame for quite a lot of folks in MMOs. This heavy-handedness is going to alienate some hardcore MMO players.
imo if u truly wanna play the ah go back to wow cause seriously what do u need soo much credits soo early in a games life span for anyway?

Yulivae
01.02.2012 , 09:56 PM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by powatwooopa View Post
imo if u truly wanna play the ah go back to wow cause seriously what do u need soo much credits soo early in a games life span for anyway?
Why does it matter ? some peoples goal is to get rich in an MMO. That's their way to play the game. Who are you to judge them ?
Retired!

powatwooopa
01.02.2012 , 09:57 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Radiatonia View Post
It's no use. Some people see that Bioware did something, and instantly go "Action on Bioware's part? They must be WRONG!".

And no amount of pointing to the first page, and quoting the document Bioware itself posted will convince them to actually read it and use critical thinking skills. This topic wouldn't have people coming in here and posting to say that Bioware is evil and banning "the common player" 43 pages later if the majority of the posters actually bothered to read the first post.

Half of the people in this topic can't even seem to read through the document long enough to realize just who got what type of ban or warning before going "OMG WHY U HATE NORMAL PLAYERS BIOWARE!?".
if pple were using critical thinking or even common sense you wouldnt have the noobish questions in this game hell yes its a new game but if you take the time to look for maybe 5 minutes or less you will find everything you are having dumb questions about such as i closed my item reward ud think ud see something flashing in ur top right hand corner of ur screen and think to click it among other things.

powatwooopa
01.02.2012 , 10:00 PM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by Yulivae View Post
Why does it matter ? some peoples goal is to get rich in an MMO. That's their way to play the game. Who are you to judge them ?
if ur only in a game to get rich why are u tryin to make others gaming harsh cause u have to put an item that will be upgraded in 2-3 lvls anyway at 10x the price of the item. and i am a player and have every right to say what i wanna say just like u have the right to say what u wanna say its a free country broskies deal with it.