Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

Nemrodh's Avatar


Nemrodh
01.02.2012 , 12:39 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathRakerX View Post
You can go to Ilum to level your slicing. You will only be banned if you participate in an exploit or abuse of a flaw in the game programming. If you find a bug and use it to your advantage it is bannable, but leveling crew skills to max at low levels is fine.
Last i checked, standing around a camp. Kill the mobs and looting the unlocked containers wasn't against any rules of any game I played till I got here.

WoW removed there open containers for a reason.

But if its a player base and not a farmer, i don't see the problem. Honestly i think its more rude to watch's someone else clear the camp and while they are engaged in combat go loot the quest item/open container. Why aren't those people getting suspended too? if its not a quest mob, or quest item(meaning restricting everyone else from completing a quest) i don't see the problem with camping something for loot.

Then someone waiting for a chest to pop and kill the mobs around repeatedly for the next. they are working for that loot just like anyone else.

So regardless of were i am. If i stand around killing the same mob's with in weapon range over and over again, I'm going to get suspended or banned? chest or not this is extremely unfair.
Family is not always blood. Good is not always right. Being King only means you have power til someone takes your head.

CE squadron 1020 squadron 367

Leggomy's Avatar


Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 12:39 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
Exactly!!! What is too much? If I want to send credits to a new toon so I can gear them up am I exploiting? This is the slippery slope I was talking about.
Funny Ive been sending money to my alts all the time via the mail system. Just play normally and everything will be fine. There is no slippery slope here.

Leggomy's Avatar


Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 12:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
Last i checked, standing around a camp. Kill the mobs and looting the unlocked containers wasn't against any rules of any game I played till I got here.

WoW removed there open containers for a reason.

But if its a player base and not a farmer, i don't see the problem. Honestly i think its more rude to watch's someone else clear the camp and while they are engaged in combat go loot the quest item/open container. Why aren't those people getting suspended too? if its not a quest mob, or quest item(meaning restricting everyone else from completing a quest) i don't see the problem with camping something for loot.

Then someone waiting for a chest to pop and kill the mobs around repeatedly for the next. they are working for that loot just like anyone else.

So regardless of were i am. If i stand around killing the same mob's with in weapon range over and over again, I'm going to get suspended or banned? chest or not this is extremely unfair.
They are 30 levels below the required level for the planet. You honestly think they are killing anything? Come on think about what you are saying.

JimG's Avatar


JimG
01.02.2012 , 12:49 PM | #34
So everyone that knew there had to be some part of the story missing now know what the missing info was - people were banned for selling credits to other players. The people who were just exploiting Ilum for their own gain received warnings or temporary suspensions. While they won't go into the details, I would suspect that the lowbies had higher level toons escorting them so they could repeatedly loot the chests.

emartell's Avatar


emartell
01.02.2012 , 12:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
They are 30 levels below the required level for the planet. You honestly think they are killing anything? Come on think about what you are saying.
^this
#1 ilum has no mobs
#2 there is a known exploit in ilum. Hrm I wonder if they used that.
#3 unless you are the one being banned and know the whole story, id stop acting like anyone was wronged. BW isn't going to release the step by step workings of said exploit.

Nemrodh's Avatar


Nemrodh
01.02.2012 , 12:51 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
They are 30 levels below the required level for the planet. You honestly think they are killing anything? Come on think about what you are saying.
Think about what you are agree too. they are saying you cant stand in a area for long term and kill mobs, clearing it so you can loot a chest. I'm not sure how this breaks any rules. They have worked for it, they killed the mobs, the earned the chest. Its not a quest item or mob. they are not hurting anyone else.

If that is the case, when you get a quest to kill 50 mobs in a single area they by rights are allowing you to break the rules temporarily? SO if there are only 3 camps that spawn said mobs and you hang out there for pre-set period of time I should expect a suspension or ban?

If they don't want me on a planet at level 10, then level lock the planet. problem solved.

I don't see how a level 30 is going to clear a level 50 area. So if a level 50 agrees to help the 30 clear it and get loot, again, if that isn't allowed why have guilds or groups. You cant solo black talon at 10, so if you go in there with a group of people you still haven't earned that loot, you didn't solo it.

if you want people to solo content, maybe a MMO isn't such a good idea?
Family is not always blood. Good is not always right. Being King only means you have power til someone takes your head.

CE squadron 1020 squadron 367

DannyInternets's Avatar


DannyInternets
01.02.2012 , 12:52 PM | #37
Wow, this game just officially became a *********** joke.

Jordan_Hoffman's Avatar


Jordan_Hoffman
01.02.2012 , 12:54 PM | #38
What I love is how the people complaining are the ones who are doing something wrong. It is easy to see in children. When a child defends something profusely you can almost gurantee they are doing something they shouldnt. Just play the game. Farming credits all day for yourself is completely fine. It is a mechanic of the game. What is not a mechanic is exploiting the game to farm credits. That is what was happening. Metrics are very easy to use to show that. How is this confusing to anyone? They already said they have rescinded some of the suspensions/bans if they were in error. Calm down and have fun ingame.
Live life quick...

Nemrodh's Avatar


Nemrodh
01.02.2012 , 12:55 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by emartell View Post
^this
#1 ilum has no mobs
#2 there is a known exploit in ilum. Hrm I wonder if they used that.
#3 unless you are the one being banned and know the whole story, id stop acting like anyone was wronged. BW isn't going to release the step by step workings of said exploit.
there are mobs on Ilum. I went there last night with my lvl 35 to see if i was going to get banned for traveling there. I saw instant death(lvl 48+mobs pack of 3) and went back to star port.

adventure had!

issues 2 and 3 i have no clue about.
Family is not always blood. Good is not always right. Being King only means you have power til someone takes your head.

CE squadron 1020 squadron 367

Aigik's Avatar


Aigik
01.02.2012 , 12:55 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by emartell View Post
^this
#1 ilum has no mobs
#2 there is a known exploit in ilum. Hrm I wonder if they used that.
#3 unless you are the one being banned and know the whole story, id stop acting like anyone was wronged. BW isn't going to release the step by step workings of said exploit.

#1: Yes it does...