Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

Nemrodh
01.02.2012 , 12:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
Which in any other MMO out there is fine behavior. Hell, in EQ you HAD to camp mobs. If people want to sit there for hours so be it. If I want to run around all day and do nothing but farm nodes that should be my decision. If you are going to tell someone they can't farm for their own use you start down a slippery slope. People already have a bad image of EA (for whatever reason I don't know). This just fuels that in their minds.
Here is the major difference between EQ and every game that followed. In EQ people cared about there reputation more, and would not camp steal. they knew the loot time was long. and people waited. Sure very once in a while you would get a random guy stealing camp's/loot.

But being black listed did work in EQ. No it wasn't a 100% but nothing is..

Including Bioware trying to control the player trade market. Good luck with that headache. You will have an easier time herding cats.
Family is not always blood. Good is not always right. Being King only means you have power til someone takes your head.

CE squadron 1020 squadron 367

snooggums
01.02.2012 , 12:30 PM | #22
Is there a possible confirmation that the only way to camp these crates was to use the death and revive system to move past mobs that the character could not normally beat?

Eg.g, die and revive to the other side of an area in a way that uses the 8 second immunity.

Or stealth when the mobs should have spotted them.

In either case, if they were suspended after warnings then they knew they were in the wrong.

DeathRakerX
01.02.2012 , 12:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
So if your skill in slicing brings you to Ilum but your lvl isn't 40+ you get suspended ? Seems very unfair.

if this is not the case please correct me.
You can go to Ilum to level your slicing. You will only be banned if you participate in an exploit or abuse of a flaw in the game programming. If you find a bug and use it to your advantage it is bannable, but leveling crew skills to max at low levels is fine.

NyrathFTW
01.02.2012 , 12:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Neither. It means you cant plant a low level alt at the containers and loot them 24/7.
So I can loot them,hmm, occasionally? It makes sense.
"I used to tell arrow to a knee jokes like you, but then I got a Death From Above to the knee"

Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 12:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
Here is the major difference between EQ and every game that followed. In EQ people cared about there reputation more, and would not camp steal. they knew the loot time was long. and people waited. Sure very once in a while you would get a random guy stealing camp's/loot.

But being black listed did work in EQ. No it wasn't a 100% but nothing is..

Including Bioware trying to control the player trade market. Good luck with that headache. You will have an easier time herding cats.
I dont think they are doing too bad a job of it. Seem to be pretty proactive so far.

Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 12:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NyrathFTW View Post
So I can loot them,hmm, occasionally? It makes sense.
Exactly what the mod is saying here. He is saying you can go there and if you can somehow make it to the container feel free to loot it. Just dont abuse that by camping your lowbie there and looting it 24/7 so noone else can. To me its common sense.

emartell
01.02.2012 , 12:34 PM | #27
I'm gonna go that this was the "flip" exploit even tho they aren't saying it. Because they don't want to bring more attention to it. At least thats how it reads to me

Painlezz
01.02.2012 , 12:35 PM | #28
If they're exploiting a BUG in the game, they should be banned. The bug should be FIXED, and it will no longer be an issue ever again. If they're banning people, but not fixing or removing the thing they banned for, that is unacceptable.

The only RULES in an MMO should be those enforced by the game code. If you do not want higher level characters killing lower level characters, do not make it possible. If you do not want low level characters farming chests, do not make it possible.

I assume an account camped low level characters at each chest and would log them in exactly at the respawn time. If this is the case, make the respawn random? Spawn a monster near the chest to defend it? Fake rules that are enforced by customer service staff and not development and game code are the worst idea ever. There is a profanity filter for a reason, a spam filter, and other filters. There is an IGNORE feature. If some idiot wants to use profanity in chat and spam you... you have the tools to resolve it yourself. Customer service should not be involved in it at all.

sosolidshoe
01.02.2012 , 12:35 PM | #29
Extensive metrics? I'm sorry, is this a joke? You're essentially telling players that if they play too much, you'll ban them for "credit farming", or suspend them for "exploiting" containers. Exploit? What a load of nonsense - would you care to tell us exactly how many containers we're allowed to loot on Ilum, and how many times we can loot each, before we're considered to be exploiters?

Am I going to get banned for sending credits from one character to another, because your "extensive metrics" decide the amounts are outside the norm? Utter lunacy.

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 12:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sosolidshoe View Post
Extensive metrics? I'm sorry, is this a joke? You're essentially telling players that if they play too much, you'll ban them for "credit farming", or suspend them for "exploiting" containers. Exploit? What a load of nonsense - would you care to tell us exactly how many containers we're allowed to loot on Ilum, and how many times we can loot each, before we're considered to be exploiters?

Am I going to get banned for sending credits from one character to another, because your "extensive metrics" decide the amounts are outside the norm? Utter lunacy.
Exactly!!! What is too much? If I want to send credits to a new toon so I can gear them up am I exploiting? This is the slippery slope I was talking about.