Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 12:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Quite obviously that is not what he said by a long shot. How do you get that from they were banning people for selling credits?
From this:

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

Alomba
01.02.2012 , 12:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

While we will not discuss the details of any individual action, whenever we take action against an account we believe they have clearly broken our Terms of Service. Any action taken against an account can be appealed and in some cases actions have been rescinded.
I tried to appeal and I haven't gotten a response. I got the e-mail on Friday night, so I've been having a terrible weekend. =( I kind of figured CS would be on vacation, but my 3 days is almost up anyway.

Nemrodh
01.02.2012 , 12:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
I don't think he is saying that here. However there appears to be some arbitrary limits on how much farming you can do or how much gold you can have.
Which again, is very unfair. This game seems to have more and more restrictions then necessary.
Family is not always blood. Good is not always right. Being King only means you have power til someone takes your head.

CE squadron 1020 squadron 367

Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 12:19 PM | #14
From this:

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.
I guess you missed the systematically and repeatedly. In other words camping them 24/7 so #1 you can get upset the economy and #2 noone else can loot said container.

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 12:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
Which again, is very unfair. This game seems to have more and more restrictions then necessary.
Agree. Playing the AH and participating in the economy is a popular metagame for quite a lot of folks in MMOs. This heavy-handedness is going to alienate some hardcore MMO players.

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 12:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I guess you missed the systematically and repeatedly. In other words camping them 24/7 so #1 you can get upset the economy and #2 noone else can loot said container.
Which in any other MMO out there is fine behavior. Hell, in EQ you HAD to camp mobs. If people want to sit there for hours so be it. If I want to run around all day and do nothing but farm nodes that should be my decision. If you are going to tell someone they can't farm for their own use you start down a slippery slope. People already have a bad image of EA (for whatever reason I don't know). This just fuels that in their minds.

NyrathFTW
01.02.2012 , 12:26 PM | #17
Does it mean I can go to Illum with low-level character and I am not allowed to loot containers, or does it mean I can loot containers with my low-level but I am not allowed to sell it?
"I used to tell arrow to a knee jokes like you, but then I got a Death From Above to the knee"

Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 12:27 PM | #18
Which in any other MMO out there is fine behavior. Hell, in EQ you HAD to camp mobs. If people want to sit there for hours so be it. If I want to run around all day and do nothing but farm nodes that should be my decision. If you are going to tell someone they can't farm for their own use you start down a slippery slope. People already have a bad image of EA (for whatever reason I don't know). This just fuels that in their minds.
No not so be it. You cannot sit and camp a location taking all the loot and leaving nothing for everyone else. Especially if you arent even high enough level to be there to begin with. It isnt a slippery slope its very cut and dry. Don't try to take everything for yourself and you wont have these problems. If Bioware wants to make rules is that not their right as the owner of the game? This is a welcome to most people who just want to play and not camp the loot boxes so noone else can get them. I applaud Bioware for it.

Spackymoose
01.02.2012 , 12:27 PM | #19
i personally think its fantastic to see an MMO actively banning/suspending accounts they deem to be basicly breaking the rules. i came from wow where they rarely do anything about gold sellers etc and it really used to do my head in...

Sooo GJ bio keep up the good work

Leggomy
01.02.2012 , 12:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NyrathFTW View Post
Does it mean I can go to Illum with low-level character and I am not allowed to loot containers, or does it mean I can loot containers with my low-level but I am not allowed to sell it?
Neither. It means you cant plant a low level alt at the containers and loot them 24/7.