Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

ascarybear
01.02.2012 , 02:48 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSeroz View Post
If you don't want them to be there, lock them out.
There isn't an issue with low level players going to Ilum and getting chests, if they can. BW doesn't want to say players can't do that. They just don't want people camping/exploiting it.

Zocat
01.02.2012 , 02:50 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Tielk View Post
From the OP we can differ that the player(s) in question WERE WARNED TO STOP WHAT THEY WERE DOING. They did not stop, so they got banned. Personally I do not see anything wrong with this.
Really? It can be because English isnt my first language, but where do you read that?
I can see "players were warned or temporarily suspended" - so some were warned, while others were banned. I just dont see "they were warned and then banned".

Excedrin
01.02.2012 , 03:00 PM | #143
Sounds like a design flaw Mr. Reid, not exploitation. Take responsibility.
Alone is the default state of an MMO player, whether if be for minutes (or) months, and the game should embrace that. But making a massively single player game isnít the answer.

-Damion Schubert

Hidalgo
01.02.2012 , 03:01 PM | #144
how is this an issue? this doesn't make sense at all. so what if lower levels are farming nodes?
I used to play on Sunrunner, but then ... now i play on Prophecy of the Five.
SAIL!
Prophecy of The five Forums
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby...

stoopidboiy
01.02.2012 , 03:03 PM | #145
I love it.

Dev says "Players have been warned for exploiting chests on Ilum with low level toons."

Angry nerds hear/read "Players have been banned for going to Ilum at low level and looting chests."

See what I did there? I even made the important bits bold, so the point would maybe come across a bit clearer. I also love how the majority of the people up in arms about this somehow know exactly what said exploit is, even though it hasn't been mentioned once and in fact has been repeatedly said that they won't go into details. Seriously, unless you were one of the people who got your wrists slapped and actually have some light to shed on what the exploit at hand may or may not be, then you're just spreading baseless gossip that doesn't help anyone.

I'm not even going to try and understand how people possibly took away from the original statement that they somehow couldn't mail credits to their own toons or repeatedly gather resource nodes in an area, etc... lol

I get that there are probably some people new to the MMO scene playing this game and I specifically exlude them from my following comment, but c'mon... just about everyone knows the difference between amassing credits for personal wealth and actual gold farming - there's no need to be a d-bag and play around with semantics because your butt-hurt over what is very likely a long list of things you're very certain BioWare has done wrong so far.
"NO WAY! I will bet you all of my Star Wars guys... except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett-man."

Varitus
01.02.2012 , 03:05 PM | #146
Where can I find these lockboxes? Don't worry, I am a level 50 SIS and I just want to know where to look for them on ilum.

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 03:09 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopidboiy View Post
I love it.

Dev says "Players have been warned for exploiting chests on Ilum with low level toons."

Angry nerds hear/read "Players have been banned for going to Ilum at low level and looting chests."

See what I did there? I even made the important bits bold, so the point would maybe come across a bit clearer. I also love how the majority of the people up in arms about this somehow know exactly what said exploit is, even though it hasn't been mentioned once and in fact has been repeatedly said that they won't go into details. Seriously, unless you were one of the people who got your wrists slapped and actually have some light to shed on what the exploit at hand may or may not be, then you're just spreading baseless gossip that doesn't help anyone.

I'm not even going to try and understand how people possibly took away from the original statement that they somehow couldn't mail credits to their own toons or repeatedly gather resource nodes in an area, etc... lol

I get that there are probably some people new to the MMO scene playing this game and I specifically exlude them from my following comment, but c'mon... just about everyone knows the difference between amassing credits for personal wealth and actual gold farming - there's no need to be a d-bag and play around with semantics because your butt-hurt over what is very likely a long list of things you're very certain BioWare has done wrong so far.
And your post is no better than what you just railed against.

When I read:

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

I am left wondering if someone can be suspended for farming chests hours upon hour even if they are NOT doing so for the purpose of selling the credits. Clarity from CMs would help here. But until then I am concerned that folks can be suspended for simply farming for their own benefit.

JeramieCrowe
01.02.2012 , 03:11 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I'd like to draw your attention to this part of the statement again:

The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.
I, for one, am VERY glad to see you taking action to not only curb "gold farming", but to curb excessive farming in general.

Kudos.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

AdmiralJohn
01.02.2012 , 03:14 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
So if players what to spend all day farming credits for their own use they can be warned or banned? That doesn't seem right and runs contrary to maintaining an open economy.
The post specifically says:

"These accounts were found to be exploiting the game in a variety of ways to maximize their credits in order to sell them to other players."

So not only were these players obtaining a large amount of credits, they were apparently sending them to other players and not just hoarding them.

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 03:16 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralJohn View Post
The post specifically says:

"These accounts were found to be exploiting the game in a variety of ways to maximize their credits in order to sell them to other players."

So not only were these players obtaining a large amount of credits, they were apparently sending them to other players and not just hoarding them.

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

This is the part that concerns me. No where in there does it state they were selling them. Just that they were farming them 'repeatedly'.