Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

Masterhobbes's Avatar


Masterhobbes
01.02.2012 , 02:02 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Zocat View Post
Can you please clarify what is "normal gameplay" and which is not considered "normal gameplay" ?
Can a lv 50 character camp those chests? What is considered camping? Sitting there 3hours while crafting & chatting? What about 6hours? 12hours? Would it be different if he and another character (different account) take turns in taking the chests?

Also, currently there is a 50 auction limit per character. I'm considering creating more twinks (and level them to GTN access) for the sole purpose of having more than those 50 auctions available. Is this "normal gameplay"? Or would it get me (temp) banned?
I believe under the terms that have been stated that would get you temp banned. I would love if someone answered my question about whether or not sending credits to another character so that he can slice would get me temp banned. If that other character is the same level as me.

IPaq's Avatar


IPaq
01.02.2012 , 02:03 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by TitanJJ View Post
so so many people in this thread are ABSOLUTELY BAD at reading comprehension, like most of the people on the first page.

slow down, take your ritalin, and re-read what SR wrote. please do this about 6 times so it will sink in.
They do not want to comprehend.

They got caught exploiting and are now defending themself on this forum...

That's all.

engrey's Avatar


engrey
01.02.2012 , 02:04 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Masterhobbes View Post
I believe under the terms that have been stated that would get you temp banned. I would love if someone answered my question about whether or not sending credits to another character so that he can slice would get me temp banned. If that other character is the same level as me.
It may cause a red flag and BioWare can look at your account. If it is a character on the same account and all you are doing is just giving it to that character for crafting/gathering, that should not be an issue.

BioWare can track who does what and with their metrics, can see any "unusual" activity.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

imaslapu's Avatar


imaslapu
01.02.2012 , 02:05 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
You will not ever be able to control the economy in an MMO. It is a living thing and banning people for making too much money is only going to alienate some of your player base. Planned economies don't work in real life and they don't work in MMOs.
Protip: The company that runs the game always has total control over their game's economy. The only reason someone would be silly enough to call an MMO economy a 'living thing' is because most MMO publishers don't like to roll back huge economic imbalances for fear of pissing off the legit players - NOT because they can't control it. They choose not to discomfort legit players and instead try to fix the exploits for easy currency and ban those exploiting it or running full on gold-farms.

Sounds like EA/Bioware is off to a great start controlling SWTOR's blossoming economy by chasing off those that would damage it from the start.

medicalprobe's Avatar


medicalprobe
01.02.2012 , 02:06 PM | #125
hmm, what about taking all the chests in outlaw's den and then being able to switch instances and take them all again?

"open world pvp? nah i'm switching instance for more free chests mate!"

Is this 'normal' behaviour? can we have some clarity on what 'normal' playing is?

Also can you fix some actual client related problems please? this would help players a lot more
TRAUMA
Trooper - Commando - Combat Medic

Jordan_Hoffman's Avatar


Jordan_Hoffman
01.02.2012 , 02:09 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by imaslapu View Post
Protip: The company that runs the game always has total control over their game's economy. The only reason someone would be silly enough to call an MMO economy a 'living thing' is because most MMO publishers don't like to roll back huge economic imbalances for fear of pissing off the legit players - NOT because they can't control it. They choose not to discomfort legit players and instead try to fix the exploits for easy currency and ban those exploiting it or running full on gold-farms.

Sounds like EA/Bioware is off to a great start controlling SWTOR's blossoming economy by chasing off those that would damage it from the start.
Exactly, why are we still discussing this?

/Thread
Live life quick...

mitrikzoltan's Avatar


mitrikzoltan
01.02.2012 , 02:09 PM | #127
This is the biggest NONSENSE I have ever heard!! I would be raging right now would something like this happen to me.

Low LVL toons were going to Illum to open item boxes and get creds? I say: wow, how smart, wish I thought of that earlier.
They say it is an exploit???

An exploit is when you work around the "laws" of the game. Say, you find a way to dupe items, open the same credit box twice, etc.
HOW ON EARTH is using the game as intended an exploit?

I`m not that kind of a player. I`m a pretty regular dude, I go online, do a couple of quests, try to farm flashpoints for loot or social/LS points, fly a space mission or two and quit. BUT.
What if I want loads of credits? Because that is what I enjoy in an MMO? What if I found a way to get those credits, and am opening boxes on Illum, all day if I feel like it? So? Am I riuning the game economy? Am I exploiting the game?
Isnt the game linear enough, are you going to tell us how to play as well?

TBH, if actions like these ruin the economy, than there is a big flaw in the system somewhere. Suspending or banning accounts for something like this is harsh/user unfriendly to say the least. I`m not sure who breaks the terms and conditions, those players or BW. its just that BW has power, players dont.

I sure hope they were AT LEAST warned before they were suspended/banned.

DEAR BIOWARE,

Looked around and did not find a list of actions that are considered normal gameplay, nor did I find a list of actions that are considered otherwise. Please provide those, or tell me where to find them.

Masterhobbes's Avatar


Masterhobbes
01.02.2012 , 02:12 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
It may cause a red flag and BioWare can look at your account. If it is a character on the same account and all you are doing is just giving it to that character for crafting/gathering, that should not be an issue.

BioWare can track who does what and with their metrics, can see any "unusual" activity.
thank you for taking the time to answer that very important question.

LeSamourai's Avatar


LeSamourai
01.02.2012 , 02:16 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
So if your skill in slicing brings you to Ilum but your lvl isn't 40+ you get suspended ? Seems very unfair.

if this is not the case please correct me.
That's not the point. They were solely there to EXPLOIT the economy and make bank.

Any normal gamer isn't going to just mosey on into Illum when they hit 400 Slicing; seriously, they aren't.
meh, I just want to play SWTOR

Frigidman's Avatar


Frigidman
01.02.2012 , 02:17 PM | #130
I applaud Biowares posting. All of it makes perfect sense to the logical and mindful person. I also expected that everyone who has issues with authority would be ranting and complaining in this thread as a result. I was right.

Not enough responses saying thanks, so I'm tossing in my thanks to bioware for making the effort.

Thank you.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.