Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

Yogol
01.06.2012 , 01:44 AM | #1041
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.
Every day there are low levels on Ilum, farming containers. They are still there, every single day.

What's the point for me to fight and fight and get loot, when someone can place a level 12 on a planet and macro it looting a container ?

I mean... how long does it take to see where a level 12 loots containers on Ilum and just place some mobs next to them ? Say, 20 minutes ?

Please, take this issue serious! It unbalances the economy and is probably pretty easy to fix.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Sulvan
01.06.2012 , 01:51 AM | #1042
It should be if you are below level 45 you can loot 5 boxes a day then the game wont you get anymore for the day.

This way you are an appropriate level for the area and people cant farm.

Icealli
01.06.2012 , 05:33 AM | #1043
Quote: Originally Posted by Amorluce View Post
I don't need 100% of the facts to form a valid opinion.

I know what BIOWARE employees have been posting here in the forums and combined with what I've seen/read in actual emails that BIOWARE is sending to players that they have banned; I can in fact make an articulate and valid post about it.

People are being banned for looting containers when they aren't exploiting bugs or hacking the game in order to loot said containers.
For the love of god, Bioware did not ban anyone!
And these people you'r assuming got BANNED were most likely bots or EXPLOITING the respawn mechanic on the chests.

Again just so you can get it inside your head .. BIOWARE DID NOT BAN ANYONE..

Aero_Starkiller
01.06.2012 , 05:51 AM | #1044
I see a lot of you are posting flaming ignorance and even some are spewing stupidity.

Ok, go back to the first page of this thread and re-read it, ten or fifteen (thats 10 or 15) times if you have to.

IT IS NOT COMPLICATED.

GOLD FARMERS GOT BANNED.

EXPLOITERS GOT WARNED.

SERIOUS EXPLOITERS GOT ****TEMPORARILY**** SUSPENDED.

If you have *NOT* been WARNED, or SUSPENDED, you weren't EXPLOITING and shouldn't PANIC.

If you *HAVE* been WARNED, or SUSPENDED, be a grown up and quit crying. You *could* have been banned. (I would have banned you)

If you have been banned for selling credits, you can go ahead and die. The TERMS OF SERVICE clearly stated to you when you signed up that selling credits for REAL MONEY was a violation of the agreement and that you would be banned.

NOBODY HAS BEEN BANNED FOR LOOTING A CHEST.

joriandrake
01.06.2012 , 06:08 AM | #1045
I don't see a problem here if it was not real money trading. The ingame economy wouldn't suffer from this, things would balance out with time, the market (just like the game itself) is still young and prices still vary extremely at this point.

One can go to a planet, survive local dangers, get to location with loot, then take that loot. They all had their own dangers and used the proper game system in place. Many seem to call these exploiters while I say those are just envious.

Is the situation fair? Well as for the ability to do so or even being banned for it I am truly not sure if it is or not. However, while the idea to level-lock certain planets to deny a certain level and lower to even go there sounds like a good idea at first it is actually pretty terrible. The game is already overly restricted and railroaded.

I see a single fair method to fix these "problems", and by "problems" I mean the very foundation of how the chests and nodes work right now. Instead of denying people of certain levels to get to certain locations, fix the whole loot system, and make it so that nodes and chests reward you in the scale of the character level.

So what if a level 11 character goes to Illum and sneaks past elite mobs? So what if he reaches mentioned nodes and boxes? If the system would be changed according to my suggestion he would only find in said boxes and nodes loot that is appropriate for level 10-15 anyway. This would also make it worth for higher level characters to still go back to old/low level planets and fully explore them.

My concern isn't even that with chests, compared to beta their respawn time got drastically lowered and the worth of loot is weaker too in most cases. What I think is a greater issue is that the XP gained from space missions kills the proper questing sequence, I myself love to do them 3-6 times per day but I hate that they give XP at all, I would rather have them give double credit amount alone. While XP can mess up a lot of things, even if one has a lot of credits he can still just use items correct for his level or craft it away.

Back to the issue at hand. In my honest opinion if the players just used the game mechanics given possibilities I would call them not exploiters but clever. If the developers have a problem with the current situation then they should amend it. The talk about "proper gameplay", "too many credits compared to level" or "legitimate playing" and whatnot just scares me. I just started to learn how the ingame market works with my crafter, and if you label merchant players exploiters you could just as well label every single real-life trader that too, because getting cheap goods then selling it for extra profit is the basis of trade.

As said, through this realization you can call every single merchant an exploiter for them wanting to turn huge profits. You could just as well call every single crafter or gatherer of various professions ingame the same too, not just slicers. Slicers don't really create anything, they are not necessary for any other skill profession either, the sole flavor/benefit of taking that skill was until now either the wish for RP flavor or because it was actually profitable to just take some credits up lying around. This (or maybe even higher) amount of profit can however be just as simply with selling any kind of crafted or base resource goods on the market.

Anyway, I would rather see proper improvements and bugfixes instead of these things. I want to be able to choose texture/details and color for crafted clothes and armor, the ability to name and rename items, and the option to hide/unhide headgear of companions (one by one not just all together). Ah, did I mention the ability to be able to show and use a helmet without also getting the modified character voice with it? I nearly never use helmets shown because they look either horrid on the character, want to show my characters face, or in many cases because I just hate the changed voice that the helmet "provides". If I could have my normal voice I would more often choose to show a few of the headgear.
I won't even go into details why I think armor restrictions other than light/medium/heavy are absurd and should be removed, different classes for some stupid reason already show the same armor differently sadly.

Being here I also have to report a bug (IMO): Noticed on Vette, that when I bought a diadem-like light armor specified helmet (due to how it looked like) when it got equipped both that and the default twilek headgear (accessory) showed up at same time what looks bad together.
Suggestion to solve this: First and foremost make it possible to hide/unhide helmet for companions (case by case), then have the actual gear (like the mentioned diadem) override/hide the default headgear. I understand this could conflict somehow with cybernetic implants and such so coders should be careful about that too.

EDIT: for those who actually cared about what I wrote and read it, my apologies for possible typos. I am not american (not even in terms of the continent) and am tired.
"Heroes and tyrants rise and fall, and historians sort out the pieces… don't go thinking that this war —your war— is any more important than any other war simply because you're in it."
- Jolee Bindo

ochow
01.06.2012 , 06:16 AM | #1046
Sigh*

Yea gold farmers are the biggest issue this game has right now. I can't fathom why you would waste man power, and time to deal with this sort of problem when your game has severe issues that need attention. Animation/Cast time issue should be your number one priority but here you are banning gold farmers because thats a huge problem. Who gives a rats *** about people selling credits. How about you fix the latency issues, or the quest log issues, or the hard mode loot issues, or interface issues, or the stupid bug that dosnt give you credit for pvp matches won to complete dailys and weeklies, or the weird no credit for dark side point/light sight point issue, or any other issues. You know how blizzard gives you those surveys and ask you about customer service. Don't give those out for customers to fill out, you won't like the results.

YodaJones
01.06.2012 , 06:30 AM | #1047
Yay for banning Bots. Just hope legit customers don't get banned. I do agree though there are many options to prevent this behavior such as level requirement to enter zone or to loot boxes. Gold farmers are a disease and anything that bans them is all good with me.
STILL HAVE TWO BUGGED TROOPER CLASS QUESTS IN MY QUEST LOG.
Return to Duty and Inconspicous Valor. Has been a known issue since December.
CS will us affected troopers every be able to continue? Will you at least provide updates?

Flent
01.06.2012 , 06:42 AM | #1048
Quote: Originally Posted by joriandrake View Post
I don't see a problem here if it was not real money trading. The ingame economy wouldn't suffer from this, things would balance out with time, the market (just like the game itself) is still young and prices still vary extremely at this point.

One can go to a planet, survive local dangers, get to location with loot, then take that loot. They all had their own dangers and used the proper game system in place. Many seem to call these exploiters while I say those are just envious.

Is the situation fair? Well as for the ability to do so or even being banned for it I am truly not sure if it is or not. However, while the idea to level-lock certain planets to deny a certain level and lower to even go there sounds like a good idea at first it is actually pretty terrible. The game is already overly restricted and railroaded.

I see a single fair method to fix these "problems", and by "problems" I mean the very foundation of how the chests and nodes work right now. Instead of denying people of certain levels to get to certain locations, fix the whole loot system, and make it so that nodes and chests reward you in the scale of the character level.

So what if a level 11 character goes to Illum and sneaks past elite mobs? So what if he reaches mentioned nodes and boxes? If the system would be changed according to my suggestion he would only find in said boxes and nodes loot that is appropriate for level 10-15 anyway. This would also make it worth for higher level characters to still go back to old/low level planets and fully explore them.

My concern isn't even that with chests, compared to beta their respawn time got drastically lowered and the worth of loot is weaker too in most cases. What I think is a greater issue is that the XP gained from space missions kills the proper questing sequence, I myself love to do them 3-6 times per day but I hate that they give XP at all, I would rather have them give double credit amount alone. While XP can mess up a lot of things, even if one has a lot of credits he can still just use items correct for his level or craft it away.

Back to the issue at hand. In my honest opinion if the players just used the game mechanics given possibilities I would call them not exploiters but clever. If the developers have a problem with the current situation then they should amend it. The talk about "proper gameplay", "too many credits compared to level" or "legitimate playing" and whatnot just scares me. I just started to learn how the ingame market works with my crafter, and if you label merchant players exploiters you could just as well label every single real-life trader that too, because getting cheap goods then selling it for extra profit is the basis of trade.

As said, through this realization you can call every single merchant an exploiter for them wanting to turn huge profits. You could just as well call every single crafter or gatherer of various professions ingame the same too, not just slicers. Slicers don't really create anything, they are not necessary for any other skill profession either, the sole flavor/benefit of taking that skill was until now either the wish for RP flavor or because it was actually profitable to just take some credits up lying around. This (or maybe even higher) amount of profit can however be just as simply with selling any kind of crafted or base resource goods on the market.

Anyway, I would rather see proper improvements and bugfixes instead of these things. I want to be able to choose texture/details and color for crafted clothes and armor, the ability to name and rename items, and the option to hide/unhide headgear of companions (one by one not just all together). Ah, did I mention the ability to be able to show and use a helmet without also getting the modified character voice with it? I nearly never use helmets shown because they look either horrid on the character, want to show my characters face, or in many cases because I just hate the changed voice that the helmet "provides". If I could have my normal voice I would more often choose to show a few of the headgear.
I won't even go into details why I think armor restrictions other than light/medium/heavy are absurd and should be removed, different classes for some stupid reason already show the same armor differently sadly.

Being here I also have to report a bug (IMO): Noticed on Vette, that when I bought a diadem-like light armor specified helmet (due to how it looked like) when it got equipped both that and the default twilek headgear (accessory) showed up at same time what looks bad together.
Suggestion to solve this: First and foremost make it possible to hide/unhide helmet for companions (case by case), then have the actual gear (like the mentioned diadem) override/hide the default headgear. I understand this could conflict somehow with cybernetic implants and such so coders should be careful about that too.

EDIT: for those who actually cared about what I wrote and read it, my apologies for possible typos. I am not american (not even in terms of the continent) and am tired.
No, I did not take the time to read your post, because the first sentence of it made me understand that you did not take the time to read anything the OP said or any legit comments made on the past 105 pages.

-Flent

Luier
01.06.2012 , 07:32 AM | #1049
This is yet another fine example of why sandbox mmorpgs are better than themeparks.

Themepark developers are like liberals - they feel the need to control every aspect of the player's enjoyment and control the way the game is played. They want to have control of the players from birth to death.

Sandbox developers are like conservatives - they simply create an enviorment and allow the players, and the game, to evolve naturally.

I'm paying a monthly fee - if I want to stand in one place for 24 hours a day and loot containers that are lootable - then that's what I want to do. I personally wouldn't want to do this - it seems boring as hell. But you see, this is a themepark on rails where the players have no control.

Gun_Slinger
01.06.2012 , 08:01 AM | #1050
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Quite obviously that is not what he said by a long shot. How do you get that from they were banning people for selling credits?
Read. The. Whole. Post. You just look stupid.

Some were warned/suspended for the DEGREE to which they went to illum pre-40 and farmed things. It was stupid. It is stupid. If they don't want people pre-40 doing it, level lock the planet, or level lock the nodes. If you can do it through the game mechanics (and this is definitely NOT an exploit, you went to the planet, you harvested resources, what is exploiting about that?) then it is ludicrous to expect players to divine this weird interpretation of the ToS. If I had been suspended for this, I think I might be suing BW. (And yes, there would be a cause of action, I am a lawyer, don't argue about that, don't even worry about it.)
"It's a trap!" "Your tastebuds can't repel firepower of this magnitude!"