Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

kenundrum
01.05.2012 , 06:49 AM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.
In all fairness though, I think from what I have heard from friends in the game that the Slicing nerf put into place a few patches ago makes using slicing to gain money through Slicing missions fail every time now. I know a number of people that have dropped Slicing all together now and went with something that could use rather than a credit gathering crew skill. Spending 2000 credits on a mission to only get back 1700 from the lockbox just makes no in-game financial sense.

Mind you, this is hearsay for me. I am an artificer/treasure hunter/archeologist on my toon and I LOVE it. :-)

Qukatt
01.05.2012 , 07:19 AM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by hushia View Post
People should be playing the game, not hogging one container's loot all by themselves. Why do you think they do that? It gives them an unfair advantage over the people who do play the game like it is intended to be played. It's akin to gold farmers killing all the good mobs for loot while the normal player is left standing empty handed.
If you condone this, soon no normal player will be able to loot any good stuff cos every node or special mob will be camped by some credit farmer. Is that the way you want the game to be? I don't.

Addition to the blizzard fan who posted somewhere above me:
In Wow there was a time you couldn't farm any good materials because there would be 5 bots swarming the area cleaning out all mobs and loot 24/7. And after reporting them, it sometimes took months before they were gone. And then the next week, new ones would appear. Those bots were there for almost a year. And remember the people mining nodes underground in WotLK? So stop telling that blizzard has the solution to all of this. They don't either cos ppl are still botting battlegrounds etc. They just have had more time to contain it.
-

this. Ashara zone had 4 or 5 bots the entire time i played in wow. I could never even attempt to get the azure whelp pet because those mobs were consistently dead, looted and skinned by the bots. I reported them every day and they never were dealt with. same names for 3 years.

I FULLY support EA and Bio in their action against exploitative accounts.
-The G Spot-
Come find us...

Harthfire
01.05.2012 , 09:50 AM | #1003
I just saw this and i agreed that looting boxs or farming them could not be the reason for a ban stick to come out so i did a little looking and

IT WAS INDEED AND EXPLOIT

Here is a clip of the story on MMO-fallout

Quote:
exploit: In Ilum, when control moves from Republic to Empire and vice versa, the loot boxes respawn immediately. Seeing the potential for profit, players have set up a system on servers where they simply trade control back and forth with guild members out on the field to collect the boxes. This is what Bioware is referring to by banning players for exploiting the treasure chests, and in that case I would support the temporary suspensions as long as Bioware is warning the players beforehand, which they appear to be doing, or if the activity is truly as impossible for a legitimate player to stumble upon as is being claimed.
So there you have it. It was indeed not just a few people bringing there low level toon in for a farming run it was a system set up to quickly farm and amass the credit unfairly

PjPablo
01.05.2012 , 09:59 AM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by hushia View Post
People should be playing the game, not hogging one container's loot all by themselves. Why do you think they do that? It gives them an unfair advantage over the people who do play the game like it is intended to be played. It's akin to gold farmers killing all the good mobs for loot while the normal player is left standing empty handed.
If you condone this, soon no normal player will be able to loot any good stuff cos every node or special mob will be camped by some credit farmer. Is that the way you want the game to be? I don't.

Addition to the blizzard fan who posted somewhere above me:
In Wow there was a time you couldn't farm any good materials because there would be 5 bots swarming the area cleaning out all mobs and loot 24/7. And after reporting them, it sometimes took months before they were gone. And then the next week, new ones would appear. Those bots were there for almost a year. And remember the people mining nodes underground in WotLK? So stop telling that blizzard has the solution to all of this. They don't either cos ppl are still botting battlegrounds etc. They just have had more time to contain it.
Bots? Agree. Report and Ban. No place in game.

If I want to sit at my keyboard and loot chests over and over and over again that should be my prerogative and is in fact in any other MMO I have played. It doesn't give me 'an unfair advantage' at all no more than you play 8 hours a day and I can only play 2. Is that an unfair advantage to me because you have more time to play?

I have never seen an MMO where the "Play as it's intended to be played' mentality is this rampant. MMOs are meant to be played as YOU want to play not as someone's vision for how they play. If you pay my $15 a mo, maybe, just maybe you can tell me how to play.

Malpracticex
01.05.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1005
gold farming is gold farming, i dont care what methods are used. thats all we need is spam mail telling us how cheap the credit prices are and even worse getting tells or whispers.

DaOpa
01.05.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1006
I didnt read all the threads here - but I have a simple solution to security container looting problem.

Add a ID to the Security Chest, and flag it to whoever loots the chest. Put a timer so that they can not reloot that Security Chest ID for (x) mins.

hushia
01.05.2012 , 10:44 AM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
Bots? Agree. Report and Ban. No place in game.

If I want to sit at my keyboard and loot chests over and over and over again that should be my prerogative and is in fact in any other MMO I have played. It doesn't give me 'an unfair advantage' at all no more than you play 8 hours a day and I can only play 2. Is that an unfair advantage to me because you have more time to play?

I have never seen an MMO where the "Play as it's intended to be played' mentality is this rampant. MMOs are meant to be played as YOU want to play not as someone's vision for how they play. If you pay my $15 a mo, maybe, just maybe you can tell me how to play.
When I say play it as it is intended I don't deny you could have fun standing next to a chest and loot it every time it spawns. But I bet you would not keep that up 24/7 and you would not get filthy rich compared to other players thus gaining an unfair advantage.

Also just read the above poster's description of the exploit. In your definition this should be allowed too? (in my opinion BW should change this and not let the chest respawn, but I can imagine this being an oversight. You can't predict every possible exploit people come up with.)

golfevangel
01.05.2012 , 10:50 AM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
I'd like to draw your attention to this part of the statement again:

The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.
This game economy is TERRIBLE anyway, thanks to your stellar crafting and gear system. Terrible!
Quote: by Dan O'Halloran

Overall, I found SWTOR to be enjoyable, though nothing particularly revolutionary for the MMO genre.

PsrDirector
01.05.2012 , 11:13 AM | #1009
eding anologies are idiotic, cause cops are not omnipotent beings with the ability to do what ever the hell they want in the world. IF bioware didnt want something they can remove it form a game, a cop cant remove drugs violence nothing from the world.

So yea, stop being an idiot.

And forcing people en masse out eather insures game death or f2p, so saying everyone who should complain, when alot of complaining should leave clearly means you have a deep hatred for this game, cause why else would you be advocated its failure so much?
Let the Dark Side in...

monegames
01.05.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by Harthfire View Post
I just saw this and i agreed that looting boxs or farming them could not be the reason for a ban stick to come out so i did a little looking and

IT WAS INDEED AND EXPLOIT

Here is a clip of the story on MMO-fallout

So there you have it. It was indeed not just a few people bringing there low level toon in for a farming run it was a system set up to quickly farm and amass the credit unfairly
no where in any of the responses from bioware stated that they were using that or any other exploit to loot the chests. it states that the players that were suspended were systematically and repeatedly looting containers, that was the exploit. If they were using the exploit they should have been banned not suspended since they were doing it repeatedly.

If they were using an exploit and not just taking advantage of(the definition of exploiting) the loot containers on Ilum then someone from bioware should state that. no need to go into detail only state that an exploit was used to respawn the loot containers.