Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

Blackwater
01.02.2012 , 01:34 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimInc View Post
To many Gold Farmers in too many MMO's burn em all.

GJ Bioware hunt em all down.

Well, looks like i spook too soon.

Enjoy your ghost town servers next month

Merrinset
01.02.2012 , 01:34 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Ndru View Post
First off, I love the idea that I Ilum is open to any level, even if I will never go there until level appropriate, that is kind of cool.

However, it seems asinine to hold a player accountable for an 'exploit' that the game allows them to perform, such as go to Ilum and loot higher level items. Either take away the ability to loot these items unless they are 40+ or just let it go. I prefer the former honestly, a level 4 shouldn't be able to get level 50 gear to simply sell.

Banning the account just seems a bit harsh, unless they are selling credits to a third party site...in that case ban them
People make the decision to exploit a broken mechanic or not. They should be held accountable for it. It shouldn't matter if they are level 1 or 50.

Evtrai
01.02.2012 , 01:35 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Misqual View Post
That dont work if you can cc a mob without going in combat such as any stealth class can do.
Yes, but not out of your level range

Merrinset
01.02.2012 , 01:36 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Masterhobbes View Post
So if my main account has slicing and I send hte profits to an alt account to level up their skills, will I get banned?
I hope so, then you can stop posting stupid things like this.

engrey
01.02.2012 , 01:37 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Ndru View Post
First off, I love the idea that I Ilum is open to any level, even if I will never go there until level appropriate, that is kind of cool.

However, it seems asinine to hold a player accountable for an 'exploit' that the game allows them to perform, such as go to Ilum and loot higher level items. Either take away the ability to loot these items unless they are 40+ or just let it go. I prefer the former honestly, a level 4 shouldn't be able to get level 50 gear to simply sell.

Banning the account just seems a bit harsh, unless they are selling credits to a third party site...in that case ban them
The accounts who exploited were suspended not banned, though I agree with you here.

This is why I did not agree with Blizzard when they banned some of the top guilds in the world for "exploiting" a mechanic during the Lich King fight. I would never ban or suspend people for exploiting the game, as it would be the fault of me, the developer, that this was in the game. I would fix it and warn those trying to do it again. If it worked, they had been warned and would be suspended. You should not be punished the first time for something the developers did not fix or know about. If it is broke in-game, the developers and company are responsible for that, not the player for finding or taking advantage of it.

Now if I am using a program that is changing code or files, that is hacking/cheating. Exploits are in-game, cheats and hacks (Generally) are out of game.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Nemrodh
01.02.2012 , 01:38 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Farming an open-world item isn't an exploit. If you go back and get something over and over because its good money its the same as constantly running around and looking for nodes. I fail to see how that is a problem at all.

If you read my posts and there's you would see what he trying to say.

I stated in my post, if you or I(and friends), camp a spawn all day or run node to node.. its legal.
obviously they can not go in to details but its something way more then that. he stated it is a higher then normal rate. EI must be an exploit or mod allowing them to cheat the system.

I know there is one for WoW they have just recently been able to get ride of. it lasted 2yrs(roughly ish) allowing someone to zone into an area and port to the chests on the map, looting them and zone out. That is why only recently wow allowed open world chests to start showing up again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Bioware's MMO already has enough rails on it to pave a bullet train to China, no need to make it even more restrictive than it already is.
totally agree with this statement.
Family is not always blood. Good is not always right. Being King only means you have power til someone takes your head.

CE squadron 1020 squadron 367

Urglab
01.02.2012 , 01:39 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Masterhobbes View Post
So if my main account has slicing and I send hte profits to an alt account to level up their skills, will I get banned?
Try to read it again. This time try to actually understand what is being said. I know I know, reading comprehension is hard work, but one day it may prove useful.

Blackwater
01.02.2012 , 01:40 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Merrinset View Post
I hope so, then you can stop posting stupid things like this.

I love how your encouraging Bioware to kick people off a sinking ship.

"But I want to explore.."
"BIOWARE! BAN HIIIIM"

Masterhobbes
01.02.2012 , 01:41 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Urglab View Post
Try to read it again. This time try to actually understand what is being said. I know I know, reading comprehension is hard work, but one day it may prove useful.
I read it, I figured I would ask and get an actually helpful answer instead of thinly veiled sarcasm.

Blackwater
01.02.2012 , 01:42 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Merrinset View Post
People make the decision to exploit a broken mechanic or not. They should be held accountable for it. It shouldn't matter if they are level 1 or 50.

>Exploring high level areas in an MMO
>Broken mechanic

Oh ok, so it was Biowares PLAN to commit financial suicide