Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of interest in Heroic Quests.

PandaWithaGun
01.02.2012 , 11:27 AM | #1
I'm level 26 (Empire) and I'm finding that on my server, which is Axial Park, that there is almost no one looking for groups for heroic quests on all the worlds past Dromund Kaas. The worlds I've noticed this on so far are Belmorra, Nar Shadda, and Tatooine. I broadcast in general chat that I'm looking for groups for specific heroic quests and typically no one responds, and a I dont really see anyone else saying that they are looking for groups either. Anyone else running into this?

jasonthelamb
01.02.2012 , 11:28 AM | #2
Same with Rubat Crystal; once in a blue moon my Guild will do some heroics, but I've noticed that I dropped all my heroic quests from Tattooine AND Aldeeraan.

Sewl
01.02.2012 , 11:31 AM | #3
i've found the quests aren't worth doing. Heroic +2 on belsavis basically required a full group with tank/healer and 2-3 CC. You can safely skip them without being underleveled.

Nitewolfe
01.02.2012 , 11:44 AM | #4
Hyperspace cannon and the corsair are the same.
I have found its easier to just skip all heroics and flashpoints.
It is good that i can do this and still be over level when i get to a new planet.

The game badly needs a lfg system that forms groups for you.
You see that is the biggest issue is the majority of people do NOT want to form the group. If they are put into a group they would do it but to form it themselves no.

CriticalMasses
01.02.2012 , 11:47 AM | #5
Many of the heroics have been messed up since launch. 2+ require full groups. takes several minutes to wade through each trash group when 2 or 3 out of 3 are gold elites with high HP.

Also, the heroics don't seem to scale with your level. Maybe I'm missing a setting for this though.

Additionally, most of the heroics are underwhelming in theme and rewards. Ever since patch 1.01 the loot drop rate has been nerfed (from my experience). You can easily make up the experience doing some PVP, space missions, or flashpoints.

Also, going back to pick them up again at later levels is bleah.

regardless of what Bioware said before launch, this game is heavily dependent on gear and loot. Probably the most dependent (other than WoW) than many.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

DarthSojourn
01.02.2012 , 11:56 AM | #6
I'm Empire on Krayt Dragon and I don't have that issue. Everyone wants to do those quests, and people are howling in chat for groups all the time. Hell, I've done a fair number of them myself. Pretty nice drops most of the time. And even if you don't get a drop, I find it fun to group up and meet new people.

...aka, come to Krayt Dragon. lol.
"Power is its own purpose. To share it is to dilute it." - Darth Bane

Laiken
01.02.2012 , 11:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitewolfe View Post
Hyperspace cannon and the corsair are the same.
I have found its easier to just skip all heroics and flashpoints.
It is good that i can do this and still be over level when i get to a new planet.

The game badly needs a lfg system that forms groups for you.
You see that is the biggest issue is the majority of people do NOT want to form the group. If they are put into a group they would do it but to form it themselves no.
This is actually encouraging for me. I've been feeling like I'm missing out on a lot, and to hear that others are skipping these areas too soothes me a bit. I've had a bad time grouping- not that it's hard to form a group, but the people I get stuck with. It seems most out there just want to mob through an area without regard for the rest of the party. I get the feeling (and had it confirmed from at least one player) that many are doing repeatable flashpoints, etc.- over and over again- or at least once a day. One person told me it was their fifth time straight going through the Black Talon. Hence the mindset of sprinting through as fast as possible... I understand this, but it's not my style. I'm here for the story and game immersion, not mindlessly getting all the xp and loot you can, and screw everyone else... I regret missing out on much of this content, but the frustration of dealing with uncooperative people just isn't worth it for me. This, topped with a bad Guild experience has made me wonder if I want to continue at all- (maybe I'm missing out on too much to make it worthwhile.) My issues, I know- and I hope to find an actual Mature Guild to help me group with people I trust to work together, and share loot fairly... Maybe two LFG settings? "Hardcore" or "Casual"?

drbeat
01.02.2012 , 12:02 PM | #8
Once you get off the leveling curve, it's a wasteland out there.

Zanguar
01.02.2012 , 12:03 PM | #9
Damn... am i the only one that is on server that can always find groups for heroic? O.O
A: Screen shot or it didn't happen
B: No screen shot, it was a phone conversation...
A: ....screen shot or it didn't happen...

Valabrax
01.02.2012 , 12:17 PM | #10
I like doing Heroics when I have the chance, but they seem largely pointless to me. You can level just fine without doing them, and you can get all the commendations you need without doing them. They're repeatable daily, but why? By the time the next day rolls around you'll be off that planet and all the Heroics will be grey.

It would be great if Heroics could somehow scale with you, but I don't see how that's possible since they aren't instanced. But either way there needs to be some reason to keep coming back to planets and doing these quests.

Have expensive items in the commendations vendor that scale to your level.