Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best looking Blaster Rifles

Mozivicus
01.03.2012 , 11:08 AM | #21
I concur with upgrading your rifle at every opportunity you get. Sometimes it's not bad to wait 1-2 levels, rarely 2 levels to be honest

AnthSD
01.03.2012 , 11:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramaos View Post
No, I'm pretty sure the min to max damage range does not scale with mods (sadly). Update your rife at every possible chance.

The level 48 rife from Voss is ok looking. But I do think the rifles srites so far that I have seen need way more love.
Damage range on orange rifles scales with barrel upgrades which armstech can make, so u can easily get on the trade network.

There is a generic rating (at level 30 I have rating 70 I think) which scales the damage based on weapon type. Armour plating does the same thing for orange armour based on the rating, armour piece, and type (heavy), so for armour this means that while u do need heavy armour or you lose a percentage, u can get an early set and use it the whole game, rifle too. Modable ones only though.

origional
01.03.2012 , 11:14 AM | #23
Just picked up the E-115 and that doesnt look to bad. Reminds me a bit of a meltagun from warhammer 40k.

Are there to many guns in teh game? The idea was that they would be modable and I like that idea, but with so many floating around its just easier to pick up a new one every few levels.
George Lucas: I told you the game was called Star Wars. Bioware: You sure? We thought you said Stun Wars
Republic General on Imperial Favouritism: We can't win. If we strike them down Bioware will just make them more powerful than we could possibly imagine.

jdevil
01.03.2012 , 11:14 AM | #24
[QUOTE=Ramaos;1104272]No, I'm pretty sure the min to max damage range does not scale with mods (sadly). Update your rife at every possible chance.

Barrel mods definitely upgrade your min/max damage, I'm still using the first orange rifle you get on Ord Mantell and it's as good as a regular 43 blue.

Sanzorz
01.03.2012 , 11:21 AM | #25
I went with a costly gamble to see how the Agent rifle looked like, which you can find on the Commendation master in Balmorra. It's a Cunning stat blaster rifle. It looks like something from the future :P

Mantang
01.03.2012 , 11:52 AM | #26
Visually my favorite so far is from the Comm vendor on Tatooine but I got one the other day that looks so oddball I had to carry it just because it was so weird. Its the rifle from the final boss of the Cocoloid War Games flashpoint. The thing is HUGE, looks bigger than a sniper rifle and it dirty white with blue circles on it. However, its a blue so you can't upgrade it.

Therealkoop
01.03.2012 , 12:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilokov View Post
Do you remember the name of the FG42 looking blaster?

Oh yeah, post screenshots of your blasters, so we don't have to guess what they all look like based on the tiny pictures.
It doesnt look exactly like one, but its just what I was immediately reminded of when i saw it. (im kind of a gun guy i suppose). Its called the N-416 rampage x-forcer.

Heres a quick pic in low quality http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...lkoop/n416.jpg

taugrimtaugrim
01.03.2012 , 01:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
Don't be quick to vendor your 1st orange rifle. That ***** will be your best looking weapon for many levels to come, just keep it up to date with mods.
QFT.

I vendored my level 14 PVP weapon but went back to buy it later to compare all the PVP weapons and quest rewards.

Mods FTW.
Taugrim
PVP Maven, Guide Writer, Host on GAMEBREAKER's The Republic show
@taugrim | taugrim.com
Guides: Resolve | Powertech/Vanguard PVP | Defense/Shielding | Bolster

sixonenine
01.03.2012 , 04:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
I don't remember exactly where I got it, but the C-211 Assault Saboteur looks really nice if you're more into semi-realistic looking rifles.

http://www.torhead.com/item/fgZSrpE
I have that. It looks like a misshapen sawed-off shotgun.

elithrar
01.03.2012 , 05:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by GaiusAudax View Post
http://www.torhead.com/item/gNaikMo

A-52 Rancor-X Carbine. Level 48 required, bought at the Voss commendation equipment vendor. Hands down my favorite looking blaster rifle I've found; to me it looks how a Star Wars blaster should.

It's basically white with orange highlights, and has a scope on top. It uses the same model as the blaster rifles Imperial troopers usually carry.
That would be this one right here (screenshot): http://cl.ly/0W11092t3s3p151a273d