Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

Applejacxs
12.30.2013 , 09:18 PM | #441
Would any of this benefit someone running windows 8?

renegadeimp
01.05.2014 , 04:34 PM | #442
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejacxs View Post
Would any of this benefit someone running windows 8?
I havent tried it because i am not a fan of windows 8 at all. You could try some of these, but i would suggest making a full backup of your system first.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

renegadeimp
02.09.2014 , 01:00 PM | #443
Monthly bump.
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

renegadeimp
03.12.2014 , 04:50 PM | #444
march Bump

DarthRook
04.07.2014 , 08:51 AM | #445
I have to admit, I am running SWTOR on the worlds oldest Dell Compaq 8510w with windows 7 and 2GB of ram. It played but was fairly laggy and to be honest i wanted to cry on planets like Balmora and Alderann which seem to destroy it. After your easy steps, I have to admit I have noted about 30-40% increase from FPS to load times. Its a wonderful thing and I absolutely will start recommending this thread to all the like minded old geezers out there trying to use their ancient laptops for SWTOR! Thank You!!!
I do not fail, I learn

TominatorBriss
04.07.2014 , 04:00 PM | #446
A simple program that does most of this if not all of this + more is TUNEUP 2014 just download that does it al for you even works with Vista/ 7 and windows 8 use that and your computer or laptop is ready for Swtor

Laxeybobby
05.10.2014 , 02:15 AM | #447
Hi,

Can you assist; I followed the guide and its great for the game as I play on a laptop.

However I now need to be able to see thumbnail images of pictures I have in folders to make a job i'm doing easier, however I can't figure out which alteration I did that stopped me from seeing thumbnail images in folders to reverse it

Can anyone with better knowledge please give me directions on how to re-activate my thumbnail images?

Thanks in advance..

OwenBrooks
05.10.2014 , 06:17 AM | #448
Click Start, type gpedit.msc and press ENTER

Go to the following branch:

User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Explorer

First few settings listed should be about folder thumbnails, see if that's all you need

Laxeybobby
05.10.2014 , 06:45 AM | #449
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Click Start, type gpedit.msc and press ENTER

Go to the following branch:

User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Explorer

First few settings listed should be about folder thumbnails, see if that's all you need
Typed the gpedit.msc in the search box having clicked start and then pressed enter and nothing happened

Daedra_Azura
12.14.2014 , 03:27 PM | #450
Very useful tweaks here
Nice work.
Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Guild: I Sithed Myself / I Jedied Myself
My referral link here.
http://www.swtor.com/r/dmgn2C