Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

renegadeimp
11.01.2013 , 10:19 AM | #431
Bump for newbies
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Grayseven
11.01.2013 , 11:39 AM | #432
Gave this a shot and it definitely sped things up on start-up. I already had Aero disabled and had the system set up for performance, but there were a few more tricks in there I hadn't tried.

On boot up, however, my start-up bar had a message along the lines of "Unable to connect network drives". I'm not on a network, so that confused me a bit. I assume this is normal?
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

carlbaratta
11.01.2013 , 12:27 PM | #433
I've thought of some of these but not all of them so thank you so much for the guides!

renegadeimp
11.01.2013 , 03:21 PM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
Gave this a shot and it definitely sped things up on start-up. I already had Aero disabled and had the system set up for performance, but there were a few more tricks in there I hadn't tried.

On boot up, however, my start-up bar had a message along the lines of "Unable to connect network drives". I'm not on a network, so that confused me a bit. I assume this is normal?
Youve probably just disabled a network option. Backtrack what you changed until you hit the right one.
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

renegadeimp
11.10.2013 , 12:58 PM | #435
Bump for newbies.

redhoodrider
11.19.2013 , 08:57 PM | #436
Wow you just solved all my problems! Did all of these and my crappy computer runs like a champ! I can't thank you enough!
MORIPHUS, 55 VAN
,DEYTON 50 GUARDIAN
KACHE, 55 SNIPER
MAUFFE, 55 MERC

renegadeimp
11.24.2013 , 11:52 AM | #437
Glad to see it helped

DrJawaPhD
11.27.2013 , 10:23 PM | #438
I did all of the suggestions in Post #1 and #2, and it helps quite a bit, but one thing that has popped up is that whenever I am scrolling down a webpage with a bunch of text, there is what I would describe as sort of a "ripple" or "screen tearing" effect that is super annoying. Anyone know which setting I should restore to fix this?

renegadeimp
11.30.2013 , 05:36 PM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by DrJawaPhD View Post
I did all of the suggestions in Post #1 and #2, and it helps quite a bit, but one thing that has popped up is that whenever I am scrolling down a webpage with a bunch of text, there is what I would describe as sort of a "ripple" or "screen tearing" effect that is super annoying. Anyone know which setting I should restore to fix this?
Thats vsync. Enable it in your video driver settings

renegadeimp
12.09.2013 , 06:26 PM | #440
Monthly Bump