Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

LordMalic
12.03.2012 , 03:28 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by landino View Post
i have windows vista.. it has all the same stuff as win 7.. can i still follow this guide?

Yes it has all the same stuff as Win 7, but runs slower than win 7. & was made to replace vista cause of vistas bug issues.
X-RAIDED
Dravyn Ganderin Serpitina
SHADOWLANDS

Racer-Ron
03.24.2013 , 06:51 PM | #422
I have a small Question: will Star Wars the Old Republic Work if had Razor Game Booster Goin on in the Background, and if not, then is my laptop able to play this game? here are my Laptop Ram, GHZ, etc.....

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40 Ghz 1.40 GHZ
4.00 GB
64-Bit Operating System

tromatizer
06.02.2013 , 08:47 PM | #423
Thank you soooo much! I just bought a laptop from a buddy (it had a busted screen but I use the TV as a monitor anyway) and hadn't played computer games.since Starcraft. I was so pumped to play this game but the frame rate was all effed up, even on the lowest settings (I meet the minimum requirements just barely). I kept trying to find ways to turn off os features I don't need and this guide just made did it for me! The game runs a lot smoother and other games I didn't have issue wit, I can run on higher settings better than before! Much love!

QuadroDude
06.14.2013 , 01:50 AM | #424
Wow! Thanks, my boot time sped up and everything is smoother overall, plus my RAM usage went down by 10%.

xephoniphulus
08.25.2013 , 10:57 AM | #425
i didn't have offline files in services but ty

renegadeimp
09.23.2013 , 11:06 AM | #426
Now im back for a while, i thought i'd bump this back up for those whose computers struggle a little.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

captpickles
09.23.2013 , 03:57 PM | #427
Just affirmation and feedback:

Aero is a ''must off'' the way the aero buffer works is awefull and even in fullscreen mode is a nice drain on the framebuffer.

''windowed mode'' is also one to avoid.

Gamerazer, kinda is this guide .. it is a app to disable specific services and apps on start of specific games. you can in advanced mode replicate this guide. works nice! i found it easier however to make a windows-7 profile called swtor where most everything "profile-specific" is turned off already.

renegadeimp
09.24.2013 , 04:23 PM | #428
Yep. That piece of software is amazing.

I created this guide as there are a few other little tweaks that eek out some more performance on lower end systems.
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Darthflowmotion
09.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Yep. That piece of software is amazing.

I created this guide as there are a few other little tweaks that eek out some more performance on lower end systems.
ty for this guide.. i found the performance>apperance trick myself..now to try these other goodies...

maybe..just maybe..i will be able to render people exiting stealth faster than after 10 seconds.
no ty

renegadeimp
09.26.2013 , 07:13 AM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthflowmotion View Post
ty for this guide.. i found the performance>apperance trick myself..now to try these other goodies...

maybe..just maybe..i will be able to render people exiting stealth faster than after 10 seconds.
Make sure you create a system restore point before performing the guide. That way you can easily restore the system to how it was before you started tweaking.

if you are confident in your PC abilities, you can completely disable sys restore and get some performance that way too.